UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix, MicroAmp, Vivid V1, Nuforce, XM5
Sep 11, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #317 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, the V1 does better with the Koss KSC35/75 than it did with MS-1 (comfys) or RS-1 (bowls).

Does it also mean that you place KSCs higher than MS-1/RS-1 in terms of general SQ?
confused.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #318 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it also mean that you place KSCs higher than MS-1/RS-1 in terms of general SQ?
confused.gif

No. I'm saying that on the songs where I hear the glare or etch with RS-1 and bowls that the KSC are less irritating. In this particular case I'd put the RS-1 with flats on top, KSC35 second, and KSC75 Tied with MS-1. Most of the time I'd put the MS-1 above the KSC75 and on par with the KSC35.

Sep 11, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #320 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS-1 on par with KSC-35? Are both cans stock or modded?

Stock. My older pair of KSC35 sound just a little better than the newer pair, but Blutarsky has heard mine and will agree with me. Ask him.

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #321 of 1,096
I'm in a real mind debate. I can't choose between 2move and Ibasso D2. I will use the dac since the sound of my laptop sucks real hard and sometimes at collage i use computers without a soundcard.

I really like the D2 battery system, but will i be able to change it when it starts to fail ? Or the rechargeable 9v battery in 2Move will make the amp last for longer ?

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #322 of 1,096
Pushifer, where are you located. If in the EU go for the 2Move, if in Asia go for the D2 or the newer D3. If in the USA either, 'cause if you need a repair ship it overseas you will.

What I am trying to say that both of these units are very nice, although I prefer the sound out of the D2. If you plan on rolling op-amps to get different sounds then by all means get the iBasso. If you have an issue w/ size then by all means get the iBasso. From a battery replacement perspective the 2Move is the easier one.

Sep 15, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #323 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pushifer, where are you located. If in the EU go for the 2Move, if in Asia go for the D2 or the newer D3. If in the USA either, 'cause if you need a repair ship it overseas you will.

What I am trying to say that both of these units are very nice, although I prefer the sound out of the D2. If you plan on rolling op-amps to get different sounds then by all means get the iBasso. If you have an issue w/ size then by all means get the iBasso. From a battery replacement perspective the 2Move is the easier one.

The D2 Boa opamps can only be rolled if you can solder SOIC opamp chips. As you may know, the D2 Viper has the socketed opamps but was a limited 100 amp run, so they are not easy to find.

Otherwise I agree with everything said above - there are other considerations than just the sound. I would pick the D2 Viper as the most flexible of the two that he asked about, and it can sound better than a 2MOVE with the right opamps. But the 2MOVE sounds better than the stock D2 Viper or D2 Boa.

So if the Viper is not available and a larger size doesn't matter, and a $80-100 higher price tag doesn't matter, and the buyer doesn't need a re-chargeable battery, and only sound quality and good power output matter > then the 2MOVE is a better choice. The D2 Boa is smaller, less expensive, more convenient and will sound like 90-95% of the 2MOVE; but with less power for headphones like HD650 or K701 (don't even think about driving K240M 600 ohm). The Boa is still a decent choice for Grados, Ultrasone and Denon, as well as most in ear monitors and earphones.

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #324 of 1,096
I'm from Portugal -> EU so i guess that the 2Move will end up being less expensive for me. i will have to pay more then 20 % for vat and other related stuff.

i have one pair of HD555 and SR225 on the way. Today i got a cowon d2 player and i was amazed with the sound of it. When i had the HD555 connected to the ipod they sounded so flat. I'm afraid the same will happen to the sr225.

Since money is no problem should i get a amp ?

Sep 19, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #326 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2 Boa opamps can only be rolled if you can solder SOIC opamp chips. As you may know, the D2 Viper has the socketed opamps but was a limited 100 amp run, so they are not easy to find.

I meant the D2 Viper, which w/ patience can be found in the for sale forum.
biggrin.gif
I have one and IMO it is a must have. Why? op-amp rolling capability at a superb price. Just my opinion of course.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #328 of 1,096
Are you going to get your Lyrix Total Pro back; because I'm interested in opamp rolling on it. (I have one with an adapter in it for socketing opamps).

Oct 3, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #329 of 1,096
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we wait on a D3 review ?

If mrarroyo (psttt!) is serious about loaning me one at the end the month then maybe. Or, just follow his comments and Jamato8's comments in the HIFlight thread about the D3 and P2 - it seems to be universally praised. I'm getting more and more fatigued with health issues, and I will do one if it is convenient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you going to get your Lyrix Total Pro back; because I'm interested in opamp rolling on it. (I have one with an adapter in it for socketing opamps).

Not likely - head-fi user thread bought it, so maybe he'll agree to do some rolling or a review. I had several headstage/penguinamp amps that duplicated function and sound and I had to thin the herd to a single Lyrix Pro with their USB DAC cable. I still have a total of 10 portable amps, and may increase that to 11 if I get a D3 later on, but I simply still have too many.

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #330 of 1,096
Larry,
I never caught your impressions of the 2moves dac. Is it comparable to the microdac for much less money? In other words, i am asking whether i should get the microdac to pair with my gilmore lite with dps for my hd600s and whatever other future cans I get or will getting the 2move sound just as good as a glite/microdac combo
biggrin.gif
The 2move will be much more convenient since i will be able to use it when I bring my laptop around town. Now, is it gonna be a significant downgrade not worth the added convenience if I listen at home most of the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back