*UPDATE* REVIEW: 21 "Mainstream" portable amps. GoVibe MAGNUM added.
Jul 22, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #61 of 162
I wonder where could Xin Micro/Mini/Macro amp locate in the list since I have them and I am debating whether to buy Move or not.

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #62 of 162
Well if you ever get a Xin Reference I doubt you will need to move on. :^)

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #63 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cute, very cute.
cool.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #64 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha...I wish I could hear one. I dunno, the Hornet and Move amp sound is very hard to beat IMO. I still long for a PRII though, lol.

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #65 of 162
One more list of portable Amp without Bithead.. why ?
plainface.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:26 AM Post #66 of 162
image17.JPG

BONER!

but umm which do you like better overall, the move or the hornet, aside from the fact that the move is also a kick ass DAC.

Aug 7, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #68 of 162
The V6 is a VERY good amp. But it felt more like a volume attenuator (an amp in true sense I guess) rather than adding anything to the music. Some people prefer that, but I personally prefer the amp to add alot of punch....but that's just my preference. The GV6 is very neutral...

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #69 of 162
Interesting reading. I was particularly intrigued with your evaluation of the Mister X and its subsequent rating. Most Mister X products that I've recently seen have been selling for over $100 which will obviously impact how they will be viewed relative to value vs. cost.

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #70 of 162
Great comparison, thanks oicdn. The Move seems more lucrative than ever.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #71 of 162
The Move is rediculous. I have over 1000 hours on my Move and the only thing burn-in has done, is kinda subdue the bass a little...or maybe it's just my ears used to the massive bass, lol.

Honestly, I don't think there's a better deal than the Move, even if it didn't have a DAC, it's bass, impact and just aggressive-ness is just amazing. I just wish it were prettier, but we can't have it all can we? The iBasso D1 being available now, I wonder if it has the same amount of punch...but I doubt it, cause there would have to be ALOT of it to beat it...

Even on an impulse buy, Move = win

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #72 of 162
I noticed in the pictures that you were using your laptop as the source and maybe an ipod nano? Were you using lossless files?
And say you had an imod ipod and its accessories... do you think anything would have changed?

I know it's a lot of probing questions, and I am in no way questioning your review. It was a great read. A job well done. =)

Aug 31, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #73 of 162
My reviews are using an iMod. I don't ever use the imod in everyday normal scenarios, pretty much only as a reference. I will store lossless on the iMod and on my laptop. Some recordings, oddly enough react differently to compression or conversion to aac or mp3, so I adjust accordingly. I.E. If I can't hear a worthwhile difference between 192 and 256 bitrate, I'll burn to the lower bitrate. But for whatever reason, some songs sound actually bad when compressed to 192, particularly your songs with frequencies in the extremes.

Basically, I use it as reference, the laptop for workhorsing, but use the Nano for everything else.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #74 of 162
To the OP (or anyoneelse with an Echo Indigo)...
For mobile audio engineering/mixing, do you think the Indigo is sufficient with , say some K701's? From what you are saying, it sounds like it's neutrality would lend itself well to this application. Just ordered some K701's and trying to decide if there is any point in getting an external amp to drive them if I have an Indigo card.

Also, which of the amps you reviewed would mate best with DT-880's do you think?

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #75 of 162
The Ray Samuels amps mate well with K701s considering thier lack of bass.

But neutrality, the Indigo DJ is by far the most neutral amp I've ever heard. It lends absolutely NOTHING to the sound, and is about as uncolored as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back