Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #1,697 of 1,751
I'm not lucky with the xduoo at the moment, my x3 earphone port is not working, might have to open it up and rewire it.

xduoo x10 scroll wheel came off and the clips are broken, do you think xduoo could send me a replacement since they seem to be added during the assembly.

thanks

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,698 of 1,751
I'm not lucky with the xduoo at the moment, my x3 earphone port is not working, might have to open it up and rewire it.

xduoo x10 scroll wheel came off and the clips are broken, do you think xduoo could send me a replacement since they seem to be added during the assembly.

thanks
Mine has come off multiple times before but i never seem to have a problem putting them back. You just have to get it in the right position.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,699 of 1,751
Do you have to turn the wheel while putting it back, or just push it in, I'm trying to make it fit but the clips won't fit, seems like some small plastic bit came off but it should be easy to fix with some plastic bit

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,700 of 1,751
Last year I received an X10 and XD-05 amplifier. This week I hooked them up together using the short optical cable. I thought the combination, given the XD-05 natively decodes DSD, would sound really good… I was very disappointed !

The sound is very flat , with no dynamic range at all. I did notice that the XD-05 was receiving a PCM signal from the X10. I thought these two products would work better together, passing a native DSD stream from the X10 to the XD-05.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Dec 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #1,701 of 1,751
Last year I received an X10 and XD-05 amplifier. This week I hooked them up together using the short optical cable. I thought the combination, given the XD-05 natively decodes DSD, would sound really good… I was very disappointed !

The sound is very flat , with no dynamic range at all. I did notice that the XD-05 was receiving a PCM signal from the X10. I thought these two products would work better together, passing a native DSD stream from the X10 to the XD-05.

The flat dynamic range could be due to the mid forward signature of the X10.

Have you tried listening to the X10 without the amp?

Dec 23, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #1,702 of 1,751

I believe the specs on the X10 are that it can only pass 24/192 pcm and no dsd. So unless you have a way to pack dsd into a DoP package, it is a no go. I tried the optical with dsd and it put out a 24/96 pcm signal to the dac.

Dec 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #1,703 of 1,751
And I should add that mine sounded flat with the dsd going to an external dac (which the dac said it was 24/96 pcm).

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #1,704 of 1,751
The flat dynamic range could be due to the mid forward signature of the X10.

Have you tried listening to the X10 without the amp?

Yes I did.. Tge sound is slightly better, but not as good as comes from my X5iii and my Riuzu A50. I am very surprised how much better these 1 year newer devices sound.

This also adds to my disappointment with both the X10 and XD-05. I sure hope the newer XDuoo devices, the Nano and the X20 are improved devices…

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,705 of 1,751
well, I haven't tried the xd-05 althou I am considering the new xd-10 poke. But on its own I still consider x10 a killer. I tried the x5 iii today and didn't find it better sound-wise

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #1,706 of 1,751
Ok, so after doing a very extensive comparison of my X10 and the Cayin N3. I have come to the conclusion that at this point of time, the N3 is better.

However, this was not the case when i first got the X10. This may sound stupid, but i think that the sound of the X10 has been degrading over time. Personally i couldnt believe my ears.

I have a very specific set of songs that i use to test IEMS and DAPs to determine their capability. On a specific track that I use to test the micro-detail, i found out that i struggled to hear the micro-detail on my X10 now when it was on this very player that i first heard this micro-detail clearly. To me, the sound of the player itself has clearly degraded. What was significantly better than the Xduoo X3 and N3 while being on par with the Opus #1 metal edition has become only slightly better than a FiiO X1.

I suspect this may be caused by Xduoo using lower binned components which have less lifespan. Maybe they skimped on the quality of the capacitors? Im not quite sure.

No, i have not had the luxury of comparing my X10 with a new X10 so this can not be confirmed 100% but im quite confident about my findings.

Any other X10 owners experience something similar?

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #1,707 of 1,751
Ok, so after doing a very extensive comparison of my X10 and the Cayin N3. I have come to the conclusion that at this point of time, the N3 is better.

However, this was not the case when i first got the X10. This may sound stupid, but i think that the sound of the X10 has been degrading over time. Personally i couldnt believe my ears.

I have a very specific set of songs that i use to test IEMS and DAPs to determine their capability. On a specific track that I use to test the micro-detail, i found out that i struggled to hear the micro-detail on my X10 now when it was on this very player that i first heard this micro-detail clearly. To me, the sound of the player itself has clearly degraded. What was significantly better than the Xduoo X3 and N3 while being on par with the Opus #1 metal edition has become only slightly better than a FiiO X1.

I suspect this may be caused by Xduoo using lower binned components which have less lifespan. Maybe they skimped on the quality of the capacitors? Im not quite sure.

No, i have not had the luxury of comparing my X10 with a new X10 so this can not be confirmed 100% but im quite confident about my findings.

I have been comparing my X10 with my N3 for several weeks with multiple IEMs and full-size headphones. About two weeks into the comparison, I bought a Fiio E17 to take advantage of each DAP’s higher def output. Each DAP has strengths and weaknesses, but I agree that the N3 is currently a better option. This is mainly due to the N3’s 2.2 fw that was issued in December. While the X10 makes beautifully clean sound, it still can’t do gapless and xDuoo hasn’t issued a new fw version since January of last year. Sad that xDuoo has apparently orphaned a decent hardware platform for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #1,708 of 1,751

Some X10 owners from Russian mp3 forum mention the same problem with degrading sound, and state that the main problem for this is the battery. If you have a possibility, then try replacing it or just check if it is in a good shape visually.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #1,709 of 1,751
Some X10 owners from Russian mp3 forum mention the same problem with degrading sound, and state that the main problem for this is the battery. If you have a possibility, then try replacing it or just check if it is in a good shape visually.
Most odd indeed.... Thanks for letting me know!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back