Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Nov 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,667 of 1,751
They're so stupid.
That’s not the adjective I’d use.

But I don’t understand why any company that markets a product with the potential for independents to improve, wouldn’t assist when problems arise. It would be like having unpaid, out-of-house developers. They must know that Vortex’s Rockbox port on the X3 increased their market share...

My adjective would be “shortsighted.”

Maybe we could write in to xDuoo and beg them nicely. Well, at the very least, don’t tell them they’re stupid. :beyersmile::beyersmile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,668 of 1,751
Well, I guess it's a matter of point of view. Some people want extra customization features that rockbox can bring, while others will say that rockbox can't output hi-res audio and can't play dsd and affects the sound quality in a negative way. As for xduoo, it seems that they will be using this software in their future products and improve on it themselves as apparent from the new xduoo nano d3, which adds eq presets and some other stuff. So it's likely that the guys at xduoo are not too keen to share their source files with someone outside of the company even if it is for rockbox implementation. Who knows?

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #1,669 of 1,751
Got my x10 last friday.

Most software issues are fixed. Pause resume where it left off. No pausing or 1 sec cut between songs.
The micro CF is amazing. Sounds great with KZ ZS5's.

The only issue is that is doesn't play when charging and there was no case in the $118.00 package.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,670 of 1,751
Thanks, wdoerr. FW ver 1.12?
Mine just cleared the ISC in NYC this morning, so it will be here by 12/2. I have a ZS5 and ZS6 waiting for it. I got mine via AliExpress 11/11 sale for $120 with a case.
Anybody that has Alfred E Newman as an avatar is probably an oracle.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,672 of 1,751
Got my x10 last friday.

Most software issues are fixed. Pause resume where it left off. No pausing or 1 sec cut between songs.

The only issue is that is doesn't play when charging and there was no case in the $118.00 package.

Hi, can you please write the firmware version which is installed into your XDuoo X10? Thanks

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #1,673 of 1,751
Got my x10 last friday.

I've got the same setup and it sounds great. However I'm thinking about getting proper headphones for this one.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #1,676 of 1,751
Gapless playback work now?

Nope... it sounds amazing though! I always listen to Sirius/ Eye in the Sky by Alan Parsons, to make sure I have new earphones on the correct sides, as I know what the imaging is supposed to sound like. The stop/start kinda destroys the continuity of the piece. I'm betting it will do the same on Elton's Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding...

It is a full-bodied, rich-sounding DAP. I'm wondering if this is due to the 1612 TI (Burr-Brown) op amps used as a low pass filter. First impressions: Warm, clean, detailed, likes KZ phones...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,677 of 1,751
Anyone else get the X10T transport yet? Can't find a single English review.

I bought the X10T for around $160, during the Ali Express 7 year anniversary. In all honesty I've not used it all that much, because of the lacking user interface (looks similar to the X10 pictures in the first post) and the lack of gap less playback.
It sounds all right, paired with an XD-05 (Burson V5i-D). I'm waiting on an optical cable that will fit the Chord Mojo, and will play around more after that.
Not sure what one should expect with these budged transports, but I think it's kind of poor that the player don't support DSD128.
On the other hand, no problem feeding it with SanDisk Ultra 200 Gb cards. So there is no 128 Gb limit to the SD cards.
My unit is on firmware V1.11, and I have not found any updates at www.xduoo.com

Some quick and dirty pics
x10t1.jpg x10t2.jpg x10t3.jpg x10t4.jpg

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,678 of 1,751
I bought the X10T for around $160, during the Ali Express 7 year anniversary. In all honesty I've not used it all that much, because of the lacking user interface (looks similar to the X10 pictures in the first post) and the lack of gap less playback.
It sounds all right, paired with an XD-05 (Burson V5i-D). I'm waiting on an optical cable that will fit the Chord Mojo, and will play around more after that.
Not sure what one should expect with these budged transports, but I think it's kind of poor that the player don't support DSD128.
On the other hand, no problem feeding it with SanDisk Ultra 200 Gb cards. So there is no 128 Gb limit to the SD cards.
My unit is on firmware V1.11, and I have not found any updates at www.xduoo.com

Some quick and dirty pics

Can you post a picture of the Box Content - Other than the player what interconnect cable comes inside the Box.
If possible please also share a detailed review, There is none ATM.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,679 of 1,751
Can you post a picture of the Box Content - Other than the player what interconnect cable comes inside the Box.
If possible please also share a detailed review, There is none ATM.

Hmm, this is kind of embarrassing. Like I previously wrote, I have not played around with it that much. Too much gear have arrived during a too short period of time.
Turns out there was a COAX cable included as well. I was not sure if it belonged to the XD-05 or the X10T, but looking into the included manuals, the COAX cable is called "3,5 mm recording line" (sic) in the X10T manual. No mention of a COAX cable in the XD-05 manual, but please correct me if I someone with the XD-05 know that the COAX was included in that box.

I took some more dirty pics of the unit, now paired with the Mojo, and a closer look at the COAX cable.
x10t7.jpg x10t5.jpg

So the content is
Manual (not in the pictures)
Warranty card (not in the pictures)
2 x rubber bands
5 x rubber feet
1 x USB cable
1 x optical cable
1 x COAX cable

Chord Mojo and q-jays IEMs not included!

Regarding review. I don't think I'm the right person to write one. For instance, I don't have any gear to test the AES port. Though, I'm happy to answer any kind of questions.
Besides, the transport don't get any better than what it is paired with. I'm listening with the Mojo right now (the set up in the pictures) and fully enjoy Charles Mingus - Ah Um in DSD64 on my q-jays

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #1,680 of 1,751

Users who are viewing this thread

Back