Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Nov 14, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #1,652 of 1,751
For the last couple of years or so, I have used my rockboxed X3 almost daily. Loved it. Past tense. Our Lab-Husky mix named Charlie got in our BR last Friday and destroyed it. He also ate several pairs of my IEMs, including my IE80s with a custom cable. After I was mad/crazy/sick for several hours, I went 11/11 shopping and got an X10 and a leather case for $120 from AliExpress. I also bought another cable and a pair of KZ zs6 to replace the zs5's he ate. Christmas is coming for the other IEMs.

Now, we need to convince the Vortex folks or any other Rockbox jocks to code the X10...

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,653 of 1,751
Sorry to hear about the Charlie-indiced carnage! That would make me pretty despondent...

Let us know what you think of it. I have been considering an X10 or a Caiyin N3.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #1,654 of 1,751
My sister also got a Cayin N3 cuz her Fiio X1 died.

The Cayin and X10 are about the same price but the X10 is definitely a few steps above it in terms of sound quality. Even the X3 is better than the N3 in this aspect.

The N3 sounds muddy and dark coming from the X10. Details are lacking , instrument separation is indistinct, bass is loose , mids are ok but the highs sound rolled off.

However the N3 comes with a bit more features like USB DAC functionality, EQ and Bluetooth with APT-X .

Personally i would consider this a clear win for the X10 as my main priority when choosing a dap is the sound quality.

Take your pick

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,656 of 1,751
guys just wondering I stuck my sd card inside the device, really inside, the sd card slots still works, Do I need to use a regular precision screw driver to open it up?
I’d first try to get it to pop out by using a knitting needle, blunt tip scissors or the like. I had to always do this on my X3. I never could get it to eject with my finger. Good luck.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,658 of 1,751
Thanks for your reply what I meant it went inside the devise, not stuck in the slot
Wow! How did you do that? I hope you don't short something in the meantime. It sounds like you don't have any options other than cracking the case. Your warranty will be voided, I imagine...

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #1,659 of 1,751
Can someone with a good soundcard make a RMAA test of the xduoo X10? RMAA is free, and besides the good soundcard (like a asus xonar ST or STX) you need a jack to jack cable.

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #1,661 of 1,751
Wow! How did you do that? I hope you don't short something in the meantime. It sounds like you don't have any options other than cracking the case. Your warranty will be voided, I imagine...
It just went in at a wrong angle, got stuck, I tried grabbing it with a tweezer and it went inside. I am wondering if cracking the case requires any special tools or just a precision screwdriver and then the case should come off on it's on. I dont mind if I don't have my warranty anymore

Thanks

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #1,662 of 1,751
Hello, I'm new on this forum. I decided to make an account because I ran into a problem after a firmware update, which for some reason bricked my xDuoo X10. I am able to put it in recovery mode and I proceed according to instructions posted by @Xaero252 with tools posted by @Holypal, however I get an error during flashing that I can't seem to deal with by myself.

After setting up everything according to instructions and starting the process, I am greeted with error: "Check ID=0XADB1,ExtID=0xAD5580.in NandInfo.cfg", followed by "Please check nand_cfg.h file!", resulting in whole process failing.

Is there any other way to recover my bricked device?

EDIT: I managed to fix it. I accidentally flashed a lower firmware on my xDuoo, which turns out was already shipped with 1.12 and every attempt to "downgrade" resulted in brick. Right now it's fully working.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #1,665 of 1,751
Such a shame. I was hoping a Rockbox port was coming, particularly for the X10T. Will the Xduoo folks not help with the project? It would certainly help them sell more X10 players!

Yes, I has a semi-worked X10 Rockbox port, but progress has been stopped due to color LED screen programing difficulties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back