Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread
Mar 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #437 of 484
Quote:
I love larger soundstage of Miracles, even though i didn't listen to it yet.
But I just little worry about the less dense sound will torture me, like EX1000 which is quite weak at midrange.

Well that is an interesting take...
The Miracles are slightly U shapes, not perfectly flat. The PP6 must not be much more U shaped I think.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #438 of 484
Quote:
UM Miracle fan here, but the PP6 fills me with utter indifference! LOL

Well, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, I suppose.

I'm more interested in Fitear 335 or similar, rather than PP6. Just seems over-engineered for not much improvement.

Joe, I'll add my voice to the hundreds who've already said this - purleez get some custom UM Miracles to compare all the other CIEMs with. That'd be a Rosetta Stone, comparison-wise, for a great many head-fiers.

In the meantime, thanks for the PP6 review
beerchug.gif

I can't comment on the amount of improvement, but I do think the PP6 and Miracle share a similar sound, at least from everything I know about the Miracle.

Quote:
Great review Joe~ :)

Thank you!

Quote:
I love larger soundstage of Miracles, even though i didn't listen to it yet.
But I just little worry about the less dense sound will torture me, like EX1000 which is quite weak at midrange.

The PP6 has a nice richness to it.  Not as dense as the SE5, but not as thin as EX1000; nice middle ground!

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #439 of 484
PP6 cable is really annoying! After 4 months of use, it becomes really loose.
I mean they delayed the delivery to change the cable design to something that is more secure, obviously didn't work.
Am seriously considering just using a glue.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #440 of 484
Quote:
PP6 cable is really annoying! After 4 months of use, it becomes really loose.
I mean they delayed the delivery to change the cable design to something that is more secure, obviously didn't work.
Am seriously considering just using a glue.

Or, you can build up the connector area with nail polish, which will create more friction and keep the connector on.  Or glue, but super glue could discolor the shell.

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #441 of 484
If you use a cyanoacrylate based glue (superglue) you could damage it, there are other options like sugru (sugru.com) which is very effective IMO, you could use hot-melt adhesive too both are very effective and will made the cable more secure 

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #442 of 484
I would second the nail polish solution. Any kind of  glue has a higher chance of creating the problems mentioned above, and is irreversible. I had the same issue with the demo PP6. By the time I got the unit the cord would keep popping off the ear pieces. I took the liberty of adding a thin but substantial coat of clear nail polish around the connector, let it dry slightly, and then reattached the cord. Works like a charm. 

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #443 of 484
Anybody else's thoughts on these headphones?

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #444 of 484
I've had them for a few days and A/Bd them to the Miracles and UERM. Only tried via USB and AUX-IN though. Very brief conclusions here.

Bottom line, I don't think they're worth the premium over the Miracles, unless you're keen on the box.

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #445 of 484
Hello

I have them and other IEMS,S. as well to AB test and I have . Although right now I am waiting on a refit from UM .

Others I own are

HEIR 8a / 4AI
jh 16 rechelled by Um all new drivers from JH FIRST.
JH16/JH3a combo freq phase
TG334 fitear
AND the PP6

Here is my findings

The pp6 is I beleave is the most accurate and neutral IEM of them all. The sound is consistent
Never bloated or overdone . This is with the bass boost off of course.

It's some what vailed to a point due to its neutrallity. But more musical overall the others I have.

So in the end I love them for what they are very detailed in all aspects and non fatiguing because of there neutrality.

Now why do I own all the others well I tend to like analytical brighter headphones, IEM,S

AND speakers to as I own a infinity reference 1b,s . Bright and very detailed . Need good sources
Or it all sounds horrible.

Not that all the other IEM,S are not hat level of revealing they are not only the TG334is are that revealing .
I am ordering the hidition Nt6pro next , it's what I like. Also I own the senn HD800
Yet another bright revealing headphone . So i hope this helps pls you in your purchase.

Ps UM is a first rate company as heir andnJH ARE they all respond to emails and resolve what issues you may have . Also as of now there is no cross connect cable for the pp6 . They say it is coming SOON so if you buy them it is onlynwithnthe amp ...

Good luck
Look up avg joe reviews as well the guy is a wealth of well detailed info and makes what I say seem some what dumb even when we say the same thing , he has that knack for saying SO well.

AL D.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #446 of 484
Quote:
I've had them for a few days and A/Bd them to the Miracles and UERM. Only tried via USB and AUX-IN though. Very brief conclusions here.

Bottom line, I don't think they're worth the premium over the Miracles, unless you're keen on the box.

I really can't say much about the value over the Miracle without also having a customized version, but I do have to say the performance is quite a bit better than the IERM.

Quote:
Hello

I have them and other IEMS,S. as well to AB test and I have . Although right now I am waiting on a refit from UM .

Others I own are

HEIR 8a / 4AI
jh 16 rechelled by Um all new drivers from JH FIRST.
JH16/JH3a combo freq phase
TG334 fitear
AND the PP6

Here is my findings

The pp6 is I beleave is the most accurate and neutral IEM of them all. The sound is consistent
Never bloated or overdone . This is with the bass boost off of course.

It's some what vailed to a point due to its neutrallity. But more musical overall the others I have.

So in the end I love them for what they are very detailed in all aspects and non fatiguing because of there neutrality.

Now why do I own all the others well I tend to like analytical brighter headphones, IEM,S

AND speakers to as I own a infinity reference 1b,s . Bright and very detailed . Need good sources
Or it all sounds horrible.

Not that all the other IEM,S are not hat level of revealing they are not only the TG334is are that revealing .
I am ordering the hidition Nt6pro next , it's what I like. Also I own the senn HD800
Yet another bright revealing headphone . So i hope this helps pls you in your purchase.

Ps UM is a first rate company as heir andnJH ARE they all respond to emails and resolve what issues you may have . Also as of now there is no cross connect cable for the pp6 . They say it is coming SOON so if you buy them it is onlynwithnthe amp ...

Good luck
Look up avg joe reviews as well the guy is a wealth of well detailed info and makes what I say seem some what dumb even when we say the same thing , he has that knack for saying SO well.

AL D.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Al, and glad you like them and hear them similarly to how I described them in my review.  

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #447 of 484
Do you think the active phase alightment over a passive phase alignment makes a difference in sound?

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #448 of 484
Quote:
Do you think the active phase alightment over a passive phase alignment makes a difference in sound?

Sure does. However unlike speakers, balanced armatures behave in a very different way so it's not clear how effective active xo is in IEM's case. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #449 of 484
What kind of difference do they make? I know that they create a more coherent sound but I am not sure whether humans can detect the millisecond difference of timing. There must be something else that active phase-alignment creates

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #450 of 484
Ok here is what I hear .
First off the jh3a jh16 combo not the same but in some ways it's is.

With the amp and useing spidif coax or a external USB to coax like halide . The sound has more ambience , more space between instramints and in some ways more clear and precise.

If I use them without the amp I can get really close but useing about 5 k in electronics.

As for the pp6. The cross connect is not availible as of yet . So only the DAC/ amp box may be used . So as I do beleave there is something to be gained I cannot say without the cable.

Foot note the jh in ref is the freq phase
I also own a pair of jh16 all new drivers from JH. And rescelled at UM . I can say they sound great but not the same as the combo freq phase . But I can only here the difference when A/B testing its hard for me to tell from my memory . I'm just not that good at it. But there is a difference . The same as I said above. So in the end I think the pp6 is a good value based on not needing an amp or DAC. The same for JH . But this is just my opinion

AL D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back