Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #258 of 3,153
Quote:
Dear all,

This thread has been a wonderful source of information regarding the UM Miracles. I've been considering getting a pair for the past year (and saving up too!). Let me be straight - I've NEVER owned a pair of custom IEMs. In fact, I hate every IEM I've owned or tested. Granted, I've never owned or tested any IEM at the >300 price range. The UM Miracles would be my first pair of custom IEMs ever. I understand that it might be a risky purchase considering the price point of the Miracles and the lack of my experience with high-end audio gear.

I have a number of queries that I hope you guys - the experts - can respond to and assist me in deciding whether the UM Miracles are right for me.

Firstly, I'm mildly confused as to what the UM Miracles are good at. Most comments I've seen claim that the Miracles are: weaker on the bass, balanced in the mids and strong in the highs. I've owned and tested a number of headphones. My preference in general are the AKGs. They produce clear, balanced sounds, which I've grown to appreciate. The AKGs however fair terribly at bass and I sorely miss some clear, punching bass. Though, with 6 drivers, I am sure the Miracles will outperform any AKG within the 200-400 range with ease. 

I listen to a variety of music but there are specific genres I abstain from. I listen to mainly: vocal, trance, contemporary classical, jpop, blues. I do not listen to: rock, metal, dubstep. In honesty, I chow down on very specific artistes/musical styles. Some of my favorite artistes include Aretha, Whitney, Mariah, Chaka Khan (omg I LOVE her), Michael Jackson, Armin, Dash, Ayumi Hamasaki, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, 2 steps from Hell, etc. I wonder if the Miracles, given their status, allow such music.

Truth be told, I've been told to stay away from Head-fi but the comments here make sense to me. I believe an intentful listener does pick up nuances that computers and machinery can't. I hope you guys can help me out :)

Regards,
Leon

I have been siiting on the fence for a year and finally descided to go for the Miracles too. I have ordered, but not received mine yet.
The reviews by |joker| and project86 where the ones that convinced me to take the plunge.
My impression of the reviews by them and others is that the Miracles are good all rounders, which is why I ordered it.

BTW: Who told you to stay away from Head-Fi? I am a little surprised to learn that anybody would warn agains this site.

Good luck with your soon to be CIEMs.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #259 of 3,153
Quote:
@ maguire - Thanks!
Others who has heard Miracle with HiFiMan HM-801 are very welcome to chime in.

I have the HM-801 and Miracles. Really lovely. I've been a life-long music (and audio) fan and revel in the quality that this combo provides. I'm interested that some prospective purchasers seem to worry that the Miracles are bass-shy; I can assure you that they are anything but... The bass is rounded, and extends beautifully and yet is not at all bloated (all of this imho, of course). I've had a number of other daps and iems before (Sony X, Cowon J3, ER4s, Triple-Fis) but they can't compare to my current setup. Of course now I want a 901, and then there's the PP6 too!

I wouldn't hesitate on the Miracles. I can't imagine anyone who loves listening to music that is intimate, detailed and "uncompressed" being disappointed.

Good luck
Tony

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #260 of 3,153
Great to hear you also love this combo of 801- Miracle....
As I have mentioned many times.....These (Miracle) Scale up wonderfully, the better you feed them the better they sound...Also if the track has bass ....You will hear the bass. Anyone who opts for these IEM's will have some mighty fine customs......

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #261 of 3,153
How long were you guys turn around time?
Currently I'm on my 20th day since UM received my ear impression.
The wait was killing me.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #263 of 3,153
Quote:
I have the HM-801 and Miracles. Really lovely. I've been a life-long music (and audio) fan and revel in the quality that this combo provides. I'm interested that some prospective purchasers seem to worry that the Miracles are bass-shy; I can assure you that they are anything but... The bass is rounded, and extends beautifully and yet is not at all bloated (all of this imho, of course). I've had a number of other daps and iems before (Sony X, Cowon J3, ER4s, Triple-Fis) but they can't compare to my current setup. Of course now I want a 901, and then there's the PP6 too!

I wouldn't hesitate on the Miracles. I can't imagine anyone who loves listening to music that is intimate, detailed and "uncompressed" being disappointed.

Good luck
Tony

1000 thanks Tony for your feedback - including the bass level comment!

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #264 of 3,153
Nov 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #266 of 3,153
I'm wondering if the Merlin or the Miracle is more suitable for pop music, especially chinese pop. This december I'm going to buy 1 of these 2 CIEM from UM but I haven't decided which 1 yet.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #268 of 3,153
hi guys,

does any of you have a sony mdr-ex1000? that is the IEM that I am using right now I would like to know how is the miracle going to sound compared to the sony.

also I have read some scary stories about customer service with UM on the merlin thread, had you got any issue with UM?

I am thinking on buying a UM Miracle

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #269 of 3,153
Quote:
hi guys,

does any of you have a sony mdr-ex1000? that is the IEM that I am using right now I would like to know how is the miracle going to sound compared to the sony.

also I have read some scary stories about customer service with UM on the merlin thread, had you got any issue with UM?

I am thinking on buying a UM Miracle

I have no experience with the sony mdr-ex 1000.

I do have plenty with the UM staff. They have always answered my emails promptly and answered my questions thoroughly. My situation was not exactly ordinary and UM bent over backwards to please me.

When I send in my impressions, they under promised and over delivered as far as timing. I give them a 10 out of 10 for customer service and the Miracles are amazing to boot.

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #270 of 3,153
I have to agree re customer service - UM Australia were outstanding to deal with and very helpful with some slight abnormalities in my situation too. I don't know if all dealings go via the Melbourne office, but they certainly left an excellent impression (no pun intended).

I have wanted to hear the EX1000s for ages, but haven't yet so can't comment. The only thing I can say with 100% certainty is that isolation will be much much better with CIEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back