Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #271 of 3,153
I have to agree re customer service - UM Australia were outstanding to deal with and very helpful with some slight abnormalities in my situation too. I don't know if all dealings go via the Melbourne office, but they certainly left an excellent impression (no pun intended).

I have wanted to hear the EX1000s for ages, but haven't yet so can't comment. The only thing I can say with 100% certainty is that isolation will be much much better with CIEMs

"Positive impression" snare drum rim shot ! :)

100% agree about isolation. I have about 98 out of 100%. I'm afraid to wear them out in public because I will not hear a thing! Great for airplanes and serious listening at home.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #272 of 3,153
Hey Guys,

After reading through this thread I am so tempted to get a pair!

However I cant go past 1964 either, has anyone seen a comparison of the Miracles vs the 1964 V6s?

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #273 of 3,153
Quote:
Hey Guys,

However I cant go past 1964 either, has anyone seen a comparison of the Miracles vs the 1964 V6s?

Thanks!

Don't forget the Frogbeats C4, they say it's really good...

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #276 of 3,153
I've been enjoying mine for almost a year now.

Have yet to regret swtching to them from Westone ES5.

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #277 of 3,153
hi joe,

I am thinking on buying a UM Miracle, how would you describe the sound compared with the Sony EX-1000?

thanks loquah, it was a random finding on the Internet
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #278 of 3,153
@ engelhaft
I know that there one who had a long and terrible case with his Merlin order, but he didn't order from UM directly or custom-iem.com, but AmpCity, which was run down and now closed. Except from AmpCity orders, I haven't heard of anybody with bad UM customer service.

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #279 of 3,153
Hey Guys,

Thanks!

Yes, I have.
joker (user here on Head-Fi) has made an incredibly long list of iem's that he has reviewed - including the Miracle and a 1964 ciem, and the Miracle is top of the top. The 1964 was rated very well, but doesn't reach the level of the Miracle.

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #280 of 3,153
Hi Lars, 

Yes I did read Joker's thread, it was long but very enjoyable lol

However he only tested the newer 1964 V3s which he mentioned was really good, but it's only around half the price of the Miracles, with half as many drivers. 1964 also just recently released the V6s which would probably be more fair to compare with the Miracles so I was hoping for  a comparison before deciding on it.

Initially I was thinking of the V6 @ $650 but by the time I add custom + shipping to America it would be like $800 so if it's just going to be 1-200 more for the UM then I might as well go for the best one! (subjective)

I know drivers may be irrelevant to SQ etc etc but it's probably more fair to compare the Miracles with V6, so hopefully Joker gets a pair soon!

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #281 of 3,153
Quote:
Hi Lars, 

Yes I did read Joker's thread, it was long but very enjoyable lol

However he only tested the newer 1964 V3s which he mentioned was really good, but it's only around half the price of the Miracles, with half as many drivers. 1964 also just recently released the V6s which would probably be more fair to compare with the Miracles so I was hoping for  a comparison before deciding on it.

Initially I was thinking of the V6 @ $650 but by the time I add custom + shipping to America it would be like $800 so if it's just going to be 1-200 more for the UM then I might as well go for the best one! (subjective)

I know drivers may be irrelevant to SQ etc etc but it's probably more fair to compare the Miracles with V6, so hopefully Joker gets a pair soon!

I think you need to wait a little bit longer due to the fact that the V6 has just released and only few people could have both of those customs at the moment.

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #282 of 3,153
I decided on Miracles also because of the review by project86, who compared it to JH13, and thought Miracle was better. The JH Audio model is even more expensive ($1099) than the Miracle and it also has six drivers.

Of course it's not the six driver ciem from 1964, but that's just the bottom line for me when deciding on Miracle. The 1964 might be even better, but until some people with both ciem's does a double review on them, nobody will know.

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #284 of 3,153
Quote:
Yes, I have.
joker (user here on Head-Fi) has made an incredibly long list of iem's that he has reviewed - including the Miracle and a 1964 ciem, and the Miracle is top of the top. The 1964 was rated very well, but doesn't reach the level of the Miracle.

Quote:
I decided on Miracles also because of the review by project86, who compared it to JH13, and thought Miracle was better. The JH Audio model is even more expensive ($1099) than the Miracle and it also has six drivers.
Of course it's not the six driver ciem from 1964, but that's just the bottom line for me when deciding on Miracle. The 1964 might be even better, but until some people with both ciem's does a double review on them, nobody will know.

I think you will be pleased. I spoke with the Joker 2 months ago right before I ordered which is well after he wrote the Miracle review. He still rates them 10/10 for sound.

Soon I will be getting a custom cable my bud from down under is making for me. Can't wait to try it out to see of it can possibly make it sound better.  I'm skeptical though that it can be any better! 
etysmile.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #285 of 3,153
Yeah, I hope so too! This will my the first CIEMs for me.

Just another (noob) question - I've noticed that U-IEMs uses silicon buds but are CIEMs just the plastic? Doesn't look as comfy as silicon buds tho!

Or are we able to put buds on? =S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back