Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #241 of 3,153
Miracle is more monitor like, will give you as good as you feed it also applies to the music side. Nothing is lacking as long as its in the recording. Can be used with all types of Music.

Joker best describes them in his review.

Merlin is more fat fun. Genres that benefit sounding Live recordings electronic dance hip hop.Has Bass Slam that rumbles in your head.

Shotgunshane and also project86 .....reviews worth reading. I also have a review on the Merlin but these guys nail it.

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #242 of 3,153
I just had my impressions taken and I plan ordering the Miracle. Anyone who has heard it with the HM-801? If so: What is like in terms of synergy and how about bass quality? (The HiFiMan DAPs allegedly have high impedance output which could make the sound less than stellar considering the 16 Ohm impedance of the Miracle.)

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #243 of 3,153
Try Silver Dragon Cable or if you can pay more get the Whiplash v2 Om.

how much do they cost? I know silver dragon, but whiplash?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #245 of 3,153
Psygeist: You have the Stepdance, have you tried this amp with the Miracle? I was thinking that it would mate well.
 I also was looking at getting one in the future...
LarsHP, The Hifiman 801 has a great reputation as a source, The Miracle shines with great sources, also I have a friend who has tried this combo with great success. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #246 of 3,153
browsed around and found the BTG  sunrise cable, any comments on the brand / cable for miracle? price seems to ease my wallet and the looks aint half bad

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #247 of 3,153
@ maguire - Thanks!
Others who has heard Miracle with HiFiMan HM-801 are very welcome to chime in.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #249 of 3,153
anyone heard of Jaben's Hippo CM cables?

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #250 of 3,153
Quote:
anyone heard of Jaben's Hippo CM cables?

As a cautious buyer, i would advise against jaben cables. There is little or no demand for it on the second hand market so it's going to be hard to sell it if you ever decide too.

Also, a bit overpriced IMHO.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #251 of 3,153
I am considering getting an amp to use the Miracle for a mini setup for in-home use.
Anyone here who uses the Miracle with a desktop amp and can recommend it?
If not - maybe I might as well go for a HQ portable amp ... any recommendations?

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #252 of 3,153
Needed to dig up this thread. Been listening to these for weeks. Not getting the time to write about these but one thing is for sure that I have stopped listening to any other IEM in my collection. Initial impressions still hold true. Not intimate in presentation. But that means these are pretty versatile at the genres you throw at it. Technically these are the best I have heard so far. Bass is one of the cleanest one and just enough for me. Mid range is thicker than RE272, these are more balanced than neutral or thin sounding IEMs like RE272. High end treads on the fine line between fatiguing bright or dull dark sounding. It's like the perfect balance that I was looking for. Can keep listening to these without any fatigue for longer times. And, yeah, sibilance is a thing of past now. Now I only need to compare it to other CIEMs if I ever got to try those. Most preferably Hidition or UERM.

I think next time I will go with these color combo and artwork :p

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #253 of 3,153
Psygeist, thats why I said you could not compare the 272 to the Custom Miracle......Now you get my point :)
Please tell me what the synergy is like between the Miracle and Stepdance.........

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #254 of 3,153
Hi all,

I've just ordered my Miracles this week and now have a 5 week wait before enjoying them, but wanted to start reading up on here. I wanted to add that for those in Australia, dealing with UM Australia has been an absolute joy - they are helpful, accommodating and responsive - all around brilliant customer service so far.

I've also just received a Tralucent Audio T1 portable amplifier that I'm reviewing today/over the weekend. Of course I can't test it with the Miracles yet, but will put it through it's paces with the Re272s, Shure SE535 LEs, and Sennheiser HD650s so I should have a good idea of it's pedigree before long and will have a sense of how it might suit Miracle owners. I've heard very good things about this amp from a trusted source who owns multiple top-end IEMs and CIEMs, and various portable amps.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #255 of 3,153
Dear all,

This thread has been a wonderful source of information regarding the UM Miracles. I've been considering getting a pair for the past year (and saving up too!). Let me be straight - I've NEVER owned a pair of custom IEMs. In fact, I hate every IEM I've owned or tested. Granted, I've never owned or tested any IEM at the >300 price range. The UM Miracles would be my first pair of custom IEMs ever. I understand that it might be a risky purchase considering the price point of the Miracles and the lack of my experience with high-end audio gear.

I have a number of queries that I hope you guys - the experts - can respond to and assist me in deciding whether the UM Miracles are right for me.

Firstly, I'm mildly confused as to what the UM Miracles are good at. Most comments I've seen claim that the Miracles are: weaker on the bass, balanced in the mids and strong in the highs. I've owned and tested a number of headphones. My preference in general are the AKGs. They produce clear, balanced sounds, which I've grown to appreciate. The AKGs however fair terribly at bass and I sorely miss some clear, punching bass. Though, with 6 drivers, I am sure the Miracles will outperform any AKG within the 200-400 range with ease. 

I listen to a variety of music but there are specific genres I abstain from. I listen to mainly: vocal, trance, contemporary classical, jpop, blues. I do not listen to: rock, metal, dubstep. In honesty, I chow down on very specific artistes/musical styles. Some of my favorite artistes include Aretha, Whitney, Mariah, Chaka Khan (omg I LOVE her), Michael Jackson, Armin, Dash, Ayumi Hamasaki, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, 2 steps from Hell, etc. I wonder if the Miracles, given their status, allow such music.

Truth be told, I've been told to stay away from Head-fi but the comments here make sense to me. I believe an intentful listener does pick up nuances that computers and machinery can't. I hope you guys can help me out :)

Regards,
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back