Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #2,807 of 3,153
  So insurance came through, now the decision between the Mentor and Roxanne begins... 

Save yourself the trouble and go with the Mentor- you'll have it in about 6 weeks. People have been waiting 6 months for the Roxanne and they have no idea when it'll arrive - that is the definition of suck.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #2,808 of 3,153

Save yourself the trouble and go with the Mentor- you'll have it in about 6 weeks. People have been waiting 6 months for the Roxanne and they have no idea when it'll arrive - that is the definition of suck.

totally agreed :) no matter how good is sound...to wait for 4 months....it's really a turn off. but what i heard...the order delay only happen to CF model...

Apr 17, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #2,809 of 3,153

Wow, I definitely don't want to wait that long! Think I'll go with the Mentor although ideally I'ld like to read more reviews as I've seen very little commentary on how it performs, particularly compared to Roxanne.

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #2,810 of 3,153
Wow, I definitely don't want to wait that long! Think I'll go with the Mentor although ideally I'ld like to read more reviews as I've seen very little commentary on how it performs, particularly compared to Roxanne.

As somebody mentioned, acrylic-shelled Roxannes don't take nearly as long as carbon fiber, but the roll-out of this product has been such a debacle, you really have to want them to jump on board that train imo - I wouldn't buy them unless I had auditioned the universal version and decided THIS IS THE ONE. I don't know of any comparisons between the two, but you could ask in both the Roxanne and Noble thread and maybe somebody will be able to give you an idea about how they match up. Beware the Noble thread, though: the pictures of their builds (especially Wizard builds) are mesmerizing and you may not be able to resist. They are ******* glorious.

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #2,811 of 3,153

Fwiw I asked the other day about times to the uk for universal mentor and it's about 3-4 weeks atm.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #2,812 of 3,153
I just used double flanges and am very happy with the isolation. I would say 95% of the airplane noises were blocked out. Only time I heard anything was when there was talking over the intercom.

I wonder though am I giving up any sound? Is any part of the sound spectrum being muffled?

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #2,815 of 3,153

I believe so - the only difference should be cosmetic, if any.

Just noticed you're using Miracles with X5. Have you found the soundstage improves over time? I'm a little disappointed with the stage from the HPO, but using the line-out with E12DIY it's the best sound I've heard so far from a portable rig.

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #2,816 of 3,153
  will check the Mentor thread for more info, yet in case you dont wana here is the difference: Miracle with new mid drivers that are way smoother + more upper mids, quite a lot tbh, and rumbling bass, bigger sound stage, make the Mircale sounds flat, for the treble i can't compare because i had a bad setup that made the treble warm, yet no worries its now sparkling and extended without getting harsh

So i guess if i love the miracle demo then i should save up and buy the mentor then
frown.gif

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,818 of 3,153

Just noticed you're using Miracles with X5. Have you found the soundstage improves over time? I'm a little disappointed with the stage from the HPO, but using the line-out with E12DIY it's the best sound I've heard so far from a portable rig.

I didn't notice any changes in the sound stage, but I only had the X5 for about a week as part of the SE Asian tour. For some reason, sound stage never seems to be at the top of my list of concerns with gear.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #2,819 of 3,153
how is the Treble on X5? Neutral?

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #2,820 of 3,153
how is the Treble on X5? Neutral?

I don't know exactly what neutral sounds like, but I feel that it is extremely detailed, so much so that anything with poor mastering sounded a bit harsh. However, with a warmish set of cans, it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back