Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #2,671 of 3,153
   My girlfriend is after some bassy customs. I am doing the research for her: her budget it $1000.

Does the Merlin fit the bill?

I have gone with Unique Melody before for my ES3X remould, they are absolutely amazing, but the wait time was 14 weeks (this is last year).

Has this been cleared up yet?

I think remoulds get less priority than the UM custom IEMs.

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #2,672 of 3,153
For those of you who use custom-iem.com to choose colors, be very careful. I chose translucent light orange/light smoke and the orange is in fact opaque. It looks hideous. It literally looks like the orange in candy corn, a particularly foul type of American halloween candy. I had my local distributor send them back since they do not state that it is opaque on the website and it is clearly (no pun intended) translucent when you use the iem builder. He agreed that they look awful and are not even close to the color advertised. I'm very disappointed, but at least the fit is perfect. I'll have to wait until after Tet holiday, about another 5-6 weeks. Only choose colors that you have seen in photographs or you may be disappointed. I changed to black faceplates/silver logo in small lettering and translucent royal blue shells/tips, both of which I have seen and approve of. Oh well, life sometimes says, "you have nothing to add to the pictures of your portable setup thread." 

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,674 of 3,153
  I like the the candy colors, just a personal preference though

Imagine if it were opaque. It could be mistaken for a chunk of vomit.
eek.gif
(It is all personal preference, but it looked NOTHING like the rendering on custom-iems.com)

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #2,675 of 3,153

Compare the two and give me a shoulder to cry on...lol

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #2,676 of 3,153

from my experience, clear is never a good way to go with CIEM that have more than 3 drivers. The 6 driver miracle looks like crap when you can see the wiring all tangle like a mess inside the shell.

Stay with THICK OPAQUE colors always~~~~ I have mine with solid black + some burning skull on it.  It comes out as exactly what I planned. The unified color scheme also made the body much nicer because there is no lines between the face plate and the shell. So everything  looks neat and clean.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #2,677 of 3,153
That does look like someone at um lab got the colors wrong. Orange should have been like mine. Opaque colours start from clear onwards in ciem designer.

You may have asked for the pics of ciem before it was shipped to avoid the trouble.

Good to know you are getting them remoulded.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #2,678 of 3,153

lol the 2nd pic, was my color picks,luckily i didnt do it, or not will vomit

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #2,679 of 3,153

from my experience, clear is never a good way to go with CIEM that have more than 3 drivers. The 6 driver miracle looks like crap when you can see the wiring all tangle like a mess inside the shell.

Stay with THICK OPAQUE colors always~~~~ I have mine with solid black + some burning skull on it.  It comes out as exactly what I planned. The unified color scheme also made the body much nicer because there is no lines between the face plate and the shell. So everything  looks neat and clean.

That's all a matter of preference, Alan. Case in point - I would never put a burning skull on anything I own, but you like the way it looks, so it's fine for you. There is nothing wrong with clear shells and face plates if you happen to like seeing the inner workings of the iem. I chose solid black face plates and royal blue clear shells/tips and I'm sure they will look great. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #2,680 of 3,153
  That's all a matter of preference, Alan. Case in point - I would never put a burning skull on anything I own, but you like the way it looks, so it's fine for you. There is nothing wrong with clear shells and face plates if you happen to like seeing the inner workings of the iem. I chose solid black face plates and royal blue clear shells/tips and I'm sure they will look great. 

That's true. I guess I just never like the messy look of an CIEM so far.
It they are as neat and well organized as the SE845, I would be happy to use clear shells~~~

Well, have fun with your CIEM~~~~~ Good thing is you get urs fit. Must be very good ear impressions ~~~
You use the bite block?

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2,682 of 3,153

That's true. I guess I just never like the messy look of an CIEM so far.
It they are as neat and well organized as the SE845, I would be happy to use clear shells~~~

Well, have fun with your CIEM~~~~~ Good thing is you get urs fit. Must be very good ear impressions ~~~
You use the bite block?

Yep, I used a bite block and made an effort to not have any tension in my jaw muscles - I consciously tried to just let the jaw hang and relax the muscles completely.

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #2,683 of 3,153
sounds like good tips.
I am gonna get some thing from JH audio soon, so I guess I will make sure I do that too.

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #2,684 of 3,153
  The bass on Miracle and Merlins is just different (pure armature bass vs dynamic bass as I hear it IMO), in terms of quantity I think that Miracles have more bass, but it's tough to judge... Miracle is definitely much more neutral on middle and high frequencies and also much more darker in this regions... so overall this two models sound totally different, especially if you pair them with cables that benefits their pros, to my ears it's TWcu3 for Miracles and TWag2 Gold for Merlins, but if I had only one of this CIEM's, then I probably choose different cables pairs (TWcu3 for Merlins.. for Miracles... hmmm... I don't know actually, probably would try TWag3 for Miracle, I think they will be a good much for one and only CIEM, but I don't know what will be in reality though... actually don't really like Miracles with TWag2 Gold at all, it kills all the neutrality in mid and high frequencies, and bass is still no much for Merlins, so this cable is bad choice for Miracles IMO, maybe TWag3 will be also bad with them...)...

Lets give the bass score for the merlin and the highs, mids, instrument separation and imaging to Miracles.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,685 of 3,153
not sure Miracle has the mid for me.
It sounds a bit recessive on mid and the highs are bit rolled off.
I like the highs in Miracle, but so much for the mid.
The bass is just at the right amount. I have no issue with that either.

Miracle is a well tuned CIEM, but it has "color" for sure. So, I cannot call it "Neutral". For me, not emphasized on bass is not the same as flat frequency response.
Never heard of the Merlin, so there will be no comment on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back