Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,291 of 3,153
Less bass on the Miracles than with the dx100, but still great sounding.
Miracles vs 334 vs 1plus2 vs fi ba ss ( if i dont get lazy enough will add this)
Too early to assume for me sorry. I also have ToGo 334 with 000 cables and will borrow btg sunrise cable. Imo, i find the 1plus2 better than 334 for me, it sounds more complete from bottom to top and with obviously a very impressive huge soundstage that i like. It is better for an all rounder but when it comes to vocals, I think I would still prefer tg334 because it sounds realistic to me.

the 1plus2 maybe technically better. but the tg334 isn't soundly beaten.
But if u would ask me if the 1plus2 is my fav of all, no. After I acquire my Miracles hopefully this month only then will I tell which i think I prefer only not better of all nor superior to all.
I will try the Miracles on my Tera but I doubt it would sound as what I would expect.

the Tg334, W4R (multi BA) have a dramatic bass roll off on the tera player base on my experience. Tera has some problems with multi BAs. I also had the same problem with Colorfly C4 but this has lesser roll off. James444 was the first one to mention these.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,292 of 3,153
The UHA-6S.MKII is here!!! :D Time to Abuse it!!! (Optical connection not USB)

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #1,294 of 3,153
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Unique Melody. This is my personal review about the Miracles. My experience about IEM’s is moderate since I’m an IEM guy ever since. I currently have two CIEM as of the moment (UM Mage and UM Miracles).

Build Quality: I went with the new color which is dark blue from faceplate to the tips. The build quality of my Miracles is topnotch. The shell is smooth and free of bubbles. However, there is only slight flaw on the socket of the left earpiece where you can see the difference from the other earpiece (See picture below). Beyond that, everything is flawless.

Service: I can only take into consideration mostly for the part of UM Philippines, courtesy of Doc Rj and Sir John, since they are the ones who personally communicated with me all throughout the process. UM Philippines service is great and responsive. They’ll reply to your message or email as soon as they are available. The turnaround time for my Miracles was 5 weeks. It was relatively fast and worry-free.

Packaging: I’m a bit off with the way UM packs their products. The outside presentation is good, hands down and you’ll already know that this is your order and your custom model. However, my concern was the included goodies inside. I just don’t find the new case of the UM Miracles useful. It seemed that it geared towards for home use only rather than for portable use. Opening the case and you’ll be greeted with the monitors but the internal layering of the case is white. White is prone to dirt and dust, making it less aesthetically cool in the future. I wish that UM would really settle with a case that combines portability and a color that would not make the case look awful in the future.

Setting aside the case, will give you a look to the FR graph, poster, product catalogue, metal warranty card and cleaning tool. The warranty card will show you the warranty period and serial number. The next concern about the packaging is the paper weight which shows you the model of your monitor. This is a 50-50 fun for me. The paper weight that is included is cool, yes you can use it but at the same time you might want to preserve the scratch-free body of the paper weight itself or prevent from falling from your desk. My paper weight is kept primarily inside the box to preserve its quality.

Fit and Comfort: The fit of my Miracles is spot-on. It’s a matter of having good impressions and using the proper bite block. The fit on my Miracles is really snug and I can’t hear a thing when riding a train or car (when the music is playing). I have used these monitors for about five hours straight (sweet spot volume) and there were no fatigue on my ears. Ear impressions really matter.

Sound Quality:

The highs of the Miracles are full of sparkle and detail. The sparkle of these earpieces are neither piercing nor creeping down to other frequencies. It did not overdo its audio reproduction with its sparkle, something to note for. It is also engaging and energetic. Nuances and detail retrieval is superb, you can hear those details crystal clear. Listening to the binaural songs of Amber Rubarth, the presented instruments which would fall under the highs category is really good and sublime. Something I would expect from the Miracles. The instrument separation of these is precise; you can moderately point where the instruments are. The Miracles is also great in blending with the same instruments. Take for example the group of violinists in an orchestra, the audio reproduction of Miracles with that group is excellent. Going to the drawbacks of the highs, the instrument separation is what I would like to have an improvement. I have stated earlier that there is a precise placing of the instruments but not accurate. You can tell where the instruments are but it is hard to tell how far they are from you.

Going to the mids, here I can safely say that Miracles really locked me for music listening. The mids of these monitors are neither forward nor laid-back. It is presented wherein you could listen carefully to the lyrics at the same time enjoying the other frequencies. The strumming of guitar and taps on the guitar is palpable. Listening to Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross and Josh Turner, the mids does not have any bias on male and female vocals, it sounded natural and life-like. However, there are some songs that would make you feel that the mids are laid-back or recessed. Take into the case of hip-hop genre, where the producer would intend to accentuate the bass and dip the mids. At some point you would feel that the sound signature of the Miracles is a V-shaped sound signature rather than being neutral.

Moving to the lows, the lows of the miracles still lies on the quality rather than the quantity. The quantity of these has much content than my Mages. The bass extension of the Miracles is really deep; it also has a solid transient attack and decay, excellent for trance and fast-hitting bass songs. The bass quantity essentially has more power and impact but it is not relatively that much of a strength of the Miracles. Watching the concert of Rihanna: Live at O2 (720p, DTS 5.1), I can feel the deep bass extension. It is prominent and has a quick decay. The only thing that I would ask for is the extra quantity to the lows (about 10% more). Try adding that extra punch then it would be better in my opinion. Setting the score for the soundstage, the stage of these earpieces is true to its marketing claim which is wide and tall. I didn’t find any problem with the soundstage of the miracles, it is accurate. Giving you a picture of the soundstage would be a perfectly sketched square with dimensions of 20 x 20, not unlike other soundstage presentation where it is a widescreen (sacrificing the tall soundstage for wide soundstage). It presented the soundstage with justice.

Is the Miracles worth it? Of course yes! It is an all-rounder custom. The best genres are acoustic, classical, country, trance and rock. I felt that UM Miracles should be priced at $1100 rather than $950. For its value and sound, I think it should be more than that. To sum it all up, here are the keywords for the Miracles.

Highs: Full of sparkle, detail, energetic and non-fatiguing

Mids: Natural and life-like

Lows: Deep extension, quick attack, decay and impressive soundstage

This is my review of the Unique Melody Miracles.

Thanks for taking time to read my review.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,295 of 3,153
Disclaimer
: I am not affiliated with Unique Melody. This is my personal review about the Miracles. My experience about IEM’s is moderate since I’m an IEM guy ever since. I currently have two CIEM as of the moment (UM Mage and UM Miracles).

Build Quality: I went with the new color which is dark blue from faceplate to the tips. The build quality of my Miracles is topnotch. The shell is smooth and free of bubbles. However, there is only slight flaw on the socket of the left earpiece where you can see the difference from the other earpiece (See picture below). Beyond that, everything is flawless.

Service: I can only take into consideration mostly for the part of UM Philippines, courtesy of Doc Rj and Sir John, since they are the ones who personally communicated with me all throughout the process. UM Philippines service is great and responsive. They’ll reply to your message or email as soon as they are available. The turnaround time for my Miracles was 5 weeks. It was relatively fast and worry-free.

Packaging: I’m a bit off with the way UM packs their products. The outside presentation is good, hands down and you’ll already know that this is your order and your custom model. However, my concern was the included goodies inside. I just don’t find the new case of the UM Miracles useful. It seemed that it geared towards for home use only rather than for portable use. Opening the case and you’ll be greeted with the monitors but the internal layering of the case is white. White is prone to dirt and dust, making it less aesthetically cool in the future. I wish that UM would really settle with a case that combines portability and a color that would not make the case look awful in the future.

Setting aside the case, will give you a look to the FR graph, poster, product catalogue, metal warranty card and cleaning tool. The warranty card will show you the warranty period and serial number. The next concern about the packaging is the paper weight which shows you the model of your monitor. This is a 50-50 fun for me. The paper weight that is included is cool, yes you can use it but at the same time you might want to preserve the scratch-free body of the paper weight itself or prevent from falling from your desk. My paper weight is kept primarily inside the box to preserve its quality.

Fit and Comfort: The fit of my Miracles is spot-on. It’s a matter of having good impressions and using the proper bite block. The fit on my Miracles is really snug and I can’t hear a thing when riding a train or car (when the music is playing). I have used these monitors for about five hours straight (sweet spot volume) and there were no fatigue on my ears. Ear impressions really matter.

Sound Quality:

The highs of the Miracles are full of sparkle and detail. The sparkle of these earpieces are neither piercing nor creeping down to other frequencies. It did not overdo its audio reproduction with its sparkle, something to note for. It is also engaging and energetic. Nuances and detail retrieval is superb, you can hear those details crystal clear. Listening to the binaural songs of Amber Rubarth, the presented instruments which would fall under the highs category is really good and sublime. Something I would expect from the Miracles. The instrument separation of these is precise; you can moderately point where the instruments are. The Miracles is also great in blending with the same instruments. Take for example the group of violinists in an orchestra, the audio reproduction of Miracles with that group is excellent. Going to the drawbacks of the highs, the instrument separation is what I would like to have an improvement. I have stated earlier that there is a precise placing of the instruments but not accurate. You can tell where the instruments are but it is hard to tell how far they are from you.

Going to the mids, here I can safely say that Miracles really locked me for music listening. The mids of these monitors are neither forward nor laid-back. It is presented wherein you could listen carefully to the lyrics at the same time enjoying the other frequencies. The strumming of guitar and taps on the guitar is palpable. Listening to Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross and Josh Turner, the mids does not have any bias on male and female vocals, it sounded natural and life-like. However, there are some songs that would make you feel that the mids are laid-back or recessed. Take into the case of hip-hop genre, where the producer would intend to accentuate the bass and dip the mids. At some point you would feel that the sound signature of the Miracles is a V-shaped sound signature rather than being neutral.

Moving to the lows, the lows of the miracles still lies on the quality rather than the quantity. The quantity of these has much content than my Mages. The bass extension of the Miracles is really deep; it also has a solid transient attack and decay, excellent for trance and fast-hitting bass songs. The bass quantity essentially has more power and impact but it is not relatively that much of a strength of the Miracles. Watching the concert of Rihanna: Live at O2 (720p, DTS 5.1), I can feel the deep bass extension. It is prominent and has a quick decay. The only thing that I would ask for is the extra quantity to the lows (about 10% more). Try adding that extra punch then it would be better in my opinion. Setting the score for the soundstage, the stage of these earpieces is true to its marketing claim which is wide and tall. I didn’t find any problem with the soundstage of the miracles, it is accurate. Giving you a picture of the soundstage would be a perfectly sketched square with dimensions of 20 x 20, not unlike other soundstage presentation where it is a widescreen (sacrificing the tall soundstage for wide soundstage). It presented the soundstage with justice.

Is the Miracles worth it? Of course yes! It is an all-rounder custom. The best genres are acoustic, classical, country, trance and rock. I felt that UM Miracles should be priced at $1100 rather than $950. For its value and sound, I think it should be more than that. To sum it all up, here are the keywords for the Miracles.

Thanks for the review. I'm still waiting for mine to come. But it seems like the UM recommended Audiologist didn't take my impressions properly.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #1,296 of 3,153
Quote:
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Unique Melody. This is my personal review about the Miracles. My experience about IEM’s is moderate since I’m an IEM guy ever since. I currently have two CIEM as of the moment (UM Mage and UM Miracles).

Sound Quality:

OMG
One of the best Miracles review i have ever read!
Very objective points, and gives me every single details i want to know. 
You mention some Cons, which is what i want to read in this appreciation thread!
Well done, man!

A little suggestion is why not post more pictures so we can see the very details of UM craftsmenship .

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #1,297 of 3,153
Quote:
OMG
One of the best Miracles review i have ever read!
Very objective points, and gives me every single details i want to know. 
You mention some Cons, which is what i want to read in this appreciation thread!
Well done, man!

A little suggestion is why not post more pictures so we can see the very details of UM craftsmenship .

I'll post some pictures but I could not take some macro shots since I am using my iPhone to take pics.  Thank you that you liked my review. This is not a technical review but rather practical review. I was really specific on my words as this is crucial on a review. I'll be posting my UM Mage review on the other thread.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,298 of 3,153
Quote:
Thanks for the review. I'm still waiting for mine to come. But it seems like the UM recommended Audiologist didn't take my impressions properly.

Thank you for reading my review. When your Miracles arrive, tell us what you think about it. That's a bit off, but hey at least there is a free refit. Then again, good impressions really matter.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #1,299 of 3,153
Nice review man!!!  and i am still abusing the new amp with miracle!! and it is MAGIC!!! <3 the harshness of the ASUS sound card went away!! and i can enjoy miracle with out getting tired! <3

will update even more later ^^

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,300 of 3,153
Quote:
I will try the Miracles on my Tera but I doubt it would sound as what I would expect.

the Tg334, W4R (multi BA) have a dramatic bass roll off on the tera player base on my experience. Tera has some problems with multi BAs. I also had the same problem with Colorfly C4 but this has lesser roll off. James444 was the first one to mention these.

I've decided on the DX100 as my "end" DAP (for now). Was considering the Tera, but just couldn't believe that I wouldn't be missing out on something given that it will be used almost exclusively with low impedance (and multi-BA) IEMs. Also, versatility and capacity was a decider towards the DX100. I should have it in a couple of weeks, just in time for my right earpiece to return from UM Lab!

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #1,301 of 3,153
Quote:
Nice review man!!!  and i am still abusing the new amp with miracle!! and it is MAGIC!!! <3 the harshness of the ASUS sound card went away!! and i can enjoy miracle with out getting tired! <3

will update even more later ^^

That's good! Listen to other genres and let us know. hahaha. Thanks!

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #1,302 of 3,153
i am super lucky because i had to wait only 3 weeks for miracle to be here XD (once they got my impressions) 

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #1,303 of 3,153
Quote:

Sound Quality:

Very nice review 
The good think with miracle is with after market cable like Tralucent silver / gold cable 
can improve the sound quality significant .
And with AK 100 DIY mod + pico power sound so good , the best combo I have heard from my miracle .

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,304 of 3,153
Very nice review 
The good think with miracle is with after market cable like Tralucent silver / gold cable 
can improve the sound quality significant .
And with AK 100 DIY mod + pico power sound so good , the best combo I have heard from my miracle .

I agree, after the review I used my aftermarket cables (whiplash cables). I instantly noticed the improvement in sound.

I hope I could try that combo, seems to be monstrous. haha. Thanks Rudi for reading my review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back