Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #557 of 3,153
Yeah, I am really liking it too. Plus with enough light, you can still see through and see the drivers :)

So in terms of amp, what are you guys enyoying with the Miracle ?  I have the ibasso DX100 and it sounds great without an amp, but still I amp trying with amps. So far nothing really satisfying and I have tried many: Glacier, RSA 71A, Continental V3, L3 (good but I thing better suited to full sized cans)...so right night I wanna try Portaphile 627 and Tralucent T1. Any thoughts ?

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #558 of 3,153
Quote:
Yeah, I am really liking it too. Plus with enough light, you can still see through and see the drivers :)

So in terms of amp, what are you guys enyoying with the Miracle ?  I have the ibasso DX100 and it sounds great without an amp, but still I amp trying with amps. So far nothing really satisfying and I have tried many: Glacier, RSA 71A, Continental V3, L3 (good but I thing better suited to full sized cans)...so right night I wanna try Portaphile 627 and Tralucent T1. Any thoughts ?

I hope Miracles will be very easy to drive, since i haven't got a nice DAP that can feed flagships with enough power.
And portability is quite important to me, maybe i am silly, but i won't sacrifice any portability for insignificant changes of SQ.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #559 of 3,153
Quote:
I hope Miracles will be very easy to drive, since i haven't got a nice DAP that can feed flagships with enough power.
And portability is quite important to me, maybe i am silly, but i won't sacrifice any portability for insignificant changes of SQ.

They are very easy to drive. The biggest diff will be the recordings. Are the Lossless or Lossy?
If Lossy, what format and at what size? After that a DAC is going to be the biggest boost to the SQ, IMO.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #560 of 3,153
Quote:

It is extremely easy to drive, but because it is only 16 Ohms and is a 6 driver, three-way design, your amp/source should have a low output impedance to get the target frequency response and tightest possible bass. This being said, my HM-801 with GAME card has a high ouput impedance of 32 Ohm, but it still sounds great. It just sounds a little brighter than it should or could. In my opinion it actually has a little too much bass when driven from the Burson Soloist, which has < 1 Ohm output impedance.

The Miracle is extremely transparent and has a very even frequency response. I am SO impressed. If I had no headphones today and should choose only one headphone, I would get the Miracle over both the LCD-2 and HE-6. That's an impressive thought!

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #561 of 3,153
Quote:
They are very easy to drive. The biggest diff will be the recordings. Are the Lossless or Lossy?
If Lossy, what format and at what size? After that a DAC is going to be the biggest boost to the SQ, IMO.

Thanks Saraguie
Recently, i tried to get all Lossless music files, but some of them are extremely hard to find. So it's still a problem to me.
But 3/4 or 1/2 of my whole files are either Lossless WAV or Lossless APE FLAC.
You might know i only have Ipod Classic, which has been retired, and AK100, which includes an average DAC, Wolfson 8740 DAC. It sounds clear and pretty. I don't know how Miracles will work with my AK100. That's another concern or expectation.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #562 of 3,153
Quote:
It is extremely easy to drive, but because it is only 16 Ohms and is a 6 driver, three-way design, your amp/source should have a low output impedance to get the target frequency response and tightest possible bass. This being said, my HM-801 with GAME card has a high ouput impedance of 32 Ohm, but it still sounds great. It just sounds a little brighter than it should or could. In my opinion it actually has a little too much bass when driven from the Burson Soloist, which has < 1 Ohm output impedance.

The Miracle is extremely transparent and has a very even frequency response. I am SO impressed. If I had no headphones today and should choose only one headphone, I would get the Miracle over both the LCD-2 and HE-6. That's an impressive thought!

Thanks LarsHP
Recently, i only use AK100, which might have a high output impedance. However, hardly any people did try the combination between AK100 and Miracles, so the result still remains unknown.
If AK100 can't work very well with AK100, i might get a RWAK100.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #563 of 3,153
Quote:

The Miracles sound wonderful out of the DX100, and already very good straight out of my office computer which is a ****ty laptop. So don't worry about it. I'm just looking for amps for fun...now that I found the perfect IEMs (to me), I'm bored :)

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #565 of 3,153
Quote:
Mimoulle, You said you did not like the Apex Glacier with your Miracles?  Ok in combo with DX100. But did you try it with anything else?
Interested to know.

I tried the Glacier before I had my Miracles. I tried it with my Shure SE530x6. I never said I didn't like it. It is a great product and a great sounding amp (didn't try the DAC part). It sounds very refined and sharp, with good dynamics. However, paired with the DX100, in my opinion, it did not bring a sufficient change over the DX100 amp to warrant 450$. It would certainly be totally different if I used it with a lesser DAP. I honestly think among the amps I have tested it is the best size / performance ratio.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #566 of 3,153
Quote:
The Miracles sound wonderful out of the DX100, and already very good straight out of my office computer which is a ****ty laptop. So don't worry about it. I'm just looking for amps for fun...now that I found the perfect IEMs (to me), I'm bored :)

Get a cable, that will take a good deal amount of energy not to mention $$ :)

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #568 of 3,153
Quote:
Mimoulle, You said you did not like the Apex Glacier with your Miracles?  Ok in combo with DX100. But did you try it with anything else?
Interested to know.

Maguire, is the Merlin too mid bass oriented ? Which one has bigger punch at sub-bass, Merlin or Miracle ?

How is the clarity and soundstage ?

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #569 of 3,153
Soundstage is bigger on the Merlin. Bass orientated but doesnt bleed into other parts of the sound frequencies.
Merlin is like having a subwoofer in your head.......lol    Great for live recordings. Miracle has a tad more sparkle & shimmer. But that does not make Merlin dark sounding at all. It has clarity also. I have improved on that aspect even more with a Silver Poison cable. Which to me just adds to the whole experience.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #570 of 3,153
Quote:
Soundstage is bigger on the Merlin. Bass orientated but doesnt bleed into other parts of the sound frequencies.
Merlin is like having a subwoofer in your head.......lol    Great for live recordings. Miracle has a tad more sparkle & shimmer. But that does not make Merlin dark sounding at all. It has clarity also. I have improved on that aspect even more with a Silver Poison cable. Which to me just adds to the whole experience.

Listening to you, it sounds like you prefer the Merlin ? Or does it depend on the music ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back