Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jul 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #526 of 850
  from what i saw maestro is 4way/12driver in 4low, 4mid, 2high, 2superhigh.

maverick will be a hybrid 5 driver but tuned differently from merlin.

the sound of these iems are not fix yet. think they get re-tuning after getting some impressions during the show.

Yes you're right. They made a mistake and corrected the post with an apology :-

"失礼いたしました。ドライバー構成の記載にミスがございました。正しくは、「Low, Mid, High, SuperHighに3機ずつ」ではなく、「Low x 4, Mid x 4, High x 2, SuperHigh x 2」となります"

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #528 of 850
It may or may not be intended to be a direct competitor to the Roxanne but that does not matter. People will still compare them as well as against other totl offerings. What's with the name though, we will read all manner of Top Gun references now...

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #529 of 850
It may or may not be intended to be a direct competitor to the Roxanne but that does not matter. People will still compare them as well as against other totl offerings. What's with the name though, we will read all manner of Top Gun references now...

haha the Roxxane lost againts Mentor expect in the bass area, the rest Mentor with hands down, the Roxxane is a joke for me, 12 drivers with dull mids and rolled off Treble , why bother making it 12 drivers god knows..... oh MARKETING!! i see , but hey its my opinion... i don't know about the others ^^ 

anyway!!

Maestro! lol am i going to get another UM Flagship and review it soon? ouch i hope it was announced at least next month XD getting the Hugo Chord soon :/ 

but i might work something out >=D  hehehehe

MAESTRO!!! 

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #530 of 850
Highly recommend the Chord Hugo. Had it and AK240 on loan for a week. It takes a lot to get my attention (first gen AK's getting rave reviews back in the day were thick sounding for my tastes) but both are excellent, with Hugo being the better source though they address different needs. Am saving up for Hugo myself now

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #531 of 850
  haha the Roxxane lost againts Mentor expect in the bass area, the rest Mentor with hands down, the Roxxane is a joke for me, 12 drivers with dull mids and rolled off Treble , why bother making it 12 drivers god knows..... oh MARKETING!! i see , but hey its my opinion... i don't know about the others ^^ 

anyway!!

Maestro! lol am i going to get another UM Flagship and review it soon? ouch i hope it was announced at least next month XD getting the Hugo Chord soon :/ 

but i might work something out >=D  hehehehe

MAESTRO!!! 

Excuse my question, but have you actually heard the Roxanne to make such a statement? I actually find the fact that UM keeps churning out flagship IEMs with ever-increasing driver count in short time windows speak volume about the sales performance of Mentor and that's even more on the marketing side than the Roxanne is, like "Oh, so our 10-driver design did not work out that well, so we're going to slap a few extra drivers and a grand-sounding name into it and call it a day". Now that's obviously not the case in reality, but that has been the vibes I was getting with the Mentor. 

Hey it's also my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of folks out there do agree with what I've said. Remember that the good old Miracle was performing extremely well for a good couple of years as their flagship before UM decided to take it out of the monitors with the not-so-well-received PP6. To be honest, I still hold the Miracle as UM's flagship even until now, and everything they've done after the Miracle seems to me more of experiments rather than serious attempts to gain more market share from their competitors.

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #532 of 850
Remember that the good old Miracle was performing extremely well for a good couple of years as their flagship before UM decided to take it out of the monitors with the not-so-well-received PP6. 

One can order Miracle today, they did not take it out of production. Or is that not what you meant?

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #533 of 850
  Excuse my question, but have you actually heard the Roxanne to make such a statement? I actually find the fact that UM keeps churning out flagship IEMs with ever-increasing driver count in short time windows speak volume about the sales performance of Mentor and that's even more on the marketing side than the Roxanne is, like "Oh, so our 10-driver design did not work out that well, so we're going to slap a few extra drivers and a grand-sounding name into it and call it a day". Now that's obviously not the case in reality, but that has been the vibes I was getting with the Mentor. 

Hey it's also my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of folks out there do agree with what I've said. Remember that the good old Miracle was performing extremely well for a good couple of years as their flagship before UM decided to take it out of the monitors with the not-so-well-received PP6. To be honest, I still hold the Miracle as UM's flagship even until now, and everything they've done after the Miracle seems to me more of experiments rather than serious attempts to gain more market share from their competitors.

i heard the Universal Roxxanne for a week , was enough to break the sound in, also i am not a fan boy or someone with bias opinion, i still find the mentor Treble not good for me, still the bass and the mids did super, also i got to agree with you on the 10 drivers part, the mentor is really enough for the market as a flagship, and no one know why are they going 12 drivers, yes maybe marketing else how will they gain $$$, or they could be going for another song sig this time, and they are TOO desperate to compete with JH but they do provide a nice quality which matters in the end, still way too over priced..

in the end the point is to get a higher quality for a good price, yet both UM and JH failed with their prices, i paid 650 Euro and did mange to get a better CIEM than the mentor, i wonder how much the Maestro will be but i am 100% sure its not good for the value when compared to my current CIEM,  more drivers doesn't mean better thats for sure. 

also again all of this is my opinion , i am not hear to offend people, i am here to help and make things clear for people who don't wana wast their money in the wrong place. 

trust me if the Mentor was bad i would been the 1st to report that, specially thats its worth 1500$ and IMO its only worth 900-1000$ and the rest (500$) goes for the "Brand Name" 

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #535 of 850
The word marketing is so abused in this thread...

This what happen when JH announce 12 drivers then suddenly UM goes for the same :p  

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #536 of 850
There's quite a bit of misunderstanding going on here. I don't believe anyone has claimed that the new Maestro will be the new flagship. Readers misunderstand that "more drivers" means "the top". The same goes on in the FitEar thread where the assumption that the MH335DW is the TotL 'cos it's the most expensive but it's not the case and Suyama-san had mentioned that to a member who then corrected readers' misunderstanding on the thread.

I'll find out today what the Maestros sound like and where it stands with the rest of the UM offerings incl the Mentors.

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #537 of 850
looking forward for your impression about the sound ^^

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #538 of 850
  There's quite a bit of misunderstanding going on here. I don't believe anyone has claimed that the new Maestro will be the new flagship. Readers misunderstand that "more drivers" means "the top". The same goes on in the FitEar thread where the assumption that the MH335DW is the TotL 'cos it's the most expensive but it's not the case and Suyama-san had mentioned that to a member who then corrected readers' misunderstanding on the thread.

I'll find out today what the Maestros sound like and where it stands with the rest of the UM offerings incl the Mentors.

I'm not sure it is going to be something like 335DW vs. the rest of the Fitear lineup , AnakChan, but the very first piece of information about the Maestro does unveil that it is going to be UM's new flagship: http://iconosquare.com/p/767124834246385067_979027230.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #539 of 850
Flagship, to me, means most expensive; certainly not best sounding.

Edit: In fact I've NEVER seen someone call their lessor expensive model of anything a flagship over a more expensive model. Just doesn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back