Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jul 3, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #512 of 850

Switched to a silver cable from Taiwan, feel more surrounded, bass are more or less the same but more sturdy, music sounds even more faster, vocal are closer, but the treble seems less sparky.

I shall give some time for it to burn-in though
L3000.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #513 of 850
its a silver cable, the Treble should sparkle more and the bass should been slightly less punchy, give a time to burn to see the right sound of it, at least 100 hours, btw try to get the Toxic Silver Widow cable, it does worth each penny. 

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #514 of 850
Hi all, new to this forum.
Recently just received my UM Mentor and it didn't sound like what i expected it to sound like. The test unit i auditioned sounded much different. The most obvious distinction is the bass. Both were tested with an iPhone 5s but the test unit bass sounded much tighter and had more impact. Any tips? It's my 2nd day with this iem as my first customs.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #515 of 850
Break it in for a while

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #517 of 850
  Hi all, new to this forum.
Recently just received my UM Mentor and it didn't sound like what i expected it to sound like. The test unit i auditioned sounded much different. The most obvious distinction is the bass. Both were tested with an iPhone 5s but the test unit bass sounded much tighter and had more impact. Any tips? It's my 2nd day with this iem as my first customs.

the sound did change for me in 10 hours and kept changing later till it settled down, the bass will became tighter and cleaner, the treble will be less harsh and more enjoyable and the mid/vocals will became smoother and to die for.

bottom line give it a time. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #519 of 850
  Will the UM Mentor blow away SE846?
I am very interested in getting a pair, where can I buy it from?

I just got the mentor today, I guess I am gonna answer my own question, I think the Mentor is indeed one class above the se846, I don't want to use the word blow, but the Mentor is so freaking smooth, excellent layers and clarity on the mid and high, bass a bit on the lean side, but it is there when the recording calls for it, the Shure sound a bit harsh in the mid and high, but I like Shure's bass.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #520 of 850
  I just got the mentor today, I guess I am gonna answer my own question, I think the Mentor is indeed one class above the se846, I don't want to use the word blow, but the Mentor is so freaking smooth, excellent layers and clarity on the mid and high, bass a bit on the lean side, but it is there when the recording calls for it, the Shure sound a bit harsh in the mid and high, but I like Shure's bass.

[Mostly OT]
Don't mean to burst your bubble but it seems Unique Melody's going to announce the Maestro tomorrow in the Fujiya Portaken Summer Festival. It's a 4-way/12-driver in a 3xlow, 3xmid, 3xhigh, 3xsuper-high configuration. In the Mixwave Facebook page there's a lot of references on how it's not like the Roxannes but it makes me wonder if it's targeted to compete with the Roxannes or not.

In last month's e-earphone show, I spent a good amount of time in the Mixwave/UM table and talked to Stephen quite a bit. They had an IEM that was tuned based on Kenichi-san's specs (Mixwave rep). I wonder if the Maestro the result of that IEM and realised I never bothered to ask about its configuration. If so this may be a Japan-specific release.

P.S. There's also going to be a 5-driver Unique Melody Maverick announced together with the Maestro. I'll leave it up to someone else create a new thread about these new models.
[/Mostly OT]

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #521 of 850

[Mostly OT]
Don't mean to burst your bubble but it seems Unique Melody's going to announce the Maestro tomorrow in the Fujiya Portaken Summer Festival. It's a 4-way/12-driver in a 3xlow, 3xmid, 3xhigh, 3xsuper-high configuration. In the Mixwave Facebook page there's a lot of references on how it's not like the Roxannes but it makes me wonder if it's targeted to compete with the Roxannes or not.

In last month's e-earphone show, I spent a good amount of time in the Mixwave/UM table and talked to Stephen quite a bit. They had an IEM that was tuned based on Kenichi-san's specs (Mixwave rep). I wonder if the Maestro the result of that IEM and realised I never bothered to ask about its configuration. If so this may be a Japan-specific release.

P.S. There's also going to be a 5-driver Unique Melody Maverick announced together with the Maestro. I'll leave it up to someone else create a new thread about these new models.
[/Mostly OT]

The Mentor is good enough for me for now, I still have little room to get another pair IEM, how would you compare the JH Roxannes to the JE 334 ?
Thanks

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #522 of 850
[Mostly OT]

[/Mostly OT]

This info has picked my interest. Do you know more about the maestro: price, sound signature...?
Thanks

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #523 of 850

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #524 of 850
This info has picked my interest. Do you know more about the maestro: price, sound signature...?
Thanks
I'll try to find out more tomorrow at the show. Deciding if it warrants a new thread or keep to this but rename the thread title.

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #525 of 850

[Mostly OT]

[/Mostly OT]

from what i saw maestro is 4way/12driver in 4low, 4mid, 2high, 2superhigh.

maverick will be a hybrid 5 driver but tuned differently from merlin.

the sound of these iems are not fix yet. think they get re-tuning after getting some impressions during the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back