Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Feb 15, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #376 of 553
CanJam NYC will be the official debut of the Maven and Mirage as well as the first time the US community will get to try them out!

For those that won't be fortunate enough to make it, I wanted to share with everyone the introductory material to the technologies that go into the newest members of the UM Lineup. Here's a few of the highlights from the full presentation.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to provide you with a response as soon as I can!

Will stop by to check them out.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #377 of 553
Isit me or this is just stright from sony and 64 audio look alike driver?

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #378 of 553
Isit me or this is just stright from sony and 64 audio look alike driver?

Ultimate Ears, Campfire Audio, Sony, 64 Audio, Soranik, Custom Art and Unique Melody all use some form of open-faced/top-firing driver technology. They all apply different principles, are custom-made by Knowles and Sonion for each respective company, and are tuned differently as well. Looking or seeming similar is one thing, but performing similarly is on another plane of existence entirely.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #379 of 553
CanJam NYC will be the official debut of the Maven and Mirage as well as the first time the US community will get to try them out!

For those that won't be fortunate enough to make it, I wanted to share with everyone the introductory material to the technologies that go into the newest members of the UM Lineup. Here's a few of the highlights from the full presentation.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to provide you with a response as soon as I can!

Cool, seems very nice! How did you guys find or settle on such ideal frequency response?

Looking forward to trying them! :)

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #380 of 553
Loved UM Mirage when I heard it at the show, and it was nice seeing Lawrance again!!!

Maven had a little too much lower treble energy for my sensitive ears, but Mirage hit the sweet spot with its more balanced tuning and spacious detailed sound. And the shell design is something else. I looked at it, took pictures, but not until Lawrance pointed out to zoom in closer, I realized all the extra details. Plus, Mirage 2pin connector is a bonus for cable rolling :wink:

um_mirage-x01.jpg um_mirage-x02.jpg

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #381 of 553
Ultimate Ears, Campfire Audio, Sony, 64 Audio, Soranik, Custom Art and Unique Melody all use some form of open-faced/top-firing driver technology. They all apply different principles, are custom-made by Knowles and Sonion for each respective company, and are tuned differently as well. Looking or seeming similar is one thing, but performing similarly is on another plane of existence entirely.

To add to that, there have been quite a few people asking why we have a TIA high driver. While our semi-open BA is right at the nozzle, it isn't actually a driver used in sound production. I like to say the Maven is a 10+1 driver IEM. The semi-open driver is used to help us tame peaks in the high frequencies.

Cool, seems very nice! How did you guys find or settle on such ideal frequency response?

Looking forward to trying them! :)

The goal of the Mirage was really to make a more affordable IEM for the masses - And it's tuned as such. Personal preferences or gripes aside, I think most would agree that the Mirage's tuning is one that will vibe with lots of people.

The Maven's a bit of a different story. The general trend seems to have been producing IEMs with a more weighty and solid low end. With our new semi-open BA driver, we have the unique opportunity to make an IEM with a brighter tonality without the peakiness that has always seemed to plague those types of IEMs. Some people have found the brightness without the extra treble energy something that they're not used to, while others have really found their groove with it right away. It's definitely more of a niche product, but one that we think those that are looking for the type of sound will be very happy with.

Loved UM Mirage when I heard it at the show, and it was nice seeing Lawrance again!!!

Maven had a little too much lower treble energy for my sensitive ears, but Mirage hit the sweet spot with its more balanced tuning and spacious detailed sound. And the shell design is something else. I looked at it, took pictures, but not until Lawrance pointed out to zoom in closer, I realized all the extra details. Plus, Mirage 2pin connector is a bonus for cable rolling :wink:

You can actually also get the Maven in 2-pin - Although I'm not sure if there's a difference in cost there. I should find out haha.

Always good to find some time to chat man! It's been a while!

Mar 5, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #383 of 553
A quick peak for you all of our titanium 3D printer and how it works its magic!

More on what happens after the housing is printed soon =)
_DSC2692 拷贝.jpg CF022512 拷贝.jpg CF022530_1(废料处理) 拷贝.jpg CF022543_ok 拷贝.jpg CF022554_1CF022543_1(激光3D开仓) 拷贝.jpg

Attachments

• CF022524_1 拷贝.jpg
    CF022524_1 拷贝.jpg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CF022742(切割) 拷贝.jpg
    CF022742(切割) 拷贝.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #384 of 553
A quick peak for you all of our titanium 3D printer and how it works its magic!

More on what happens after the housing is printed soon =)
Fascinating! I wish there were arrows pointing to the different parts of the machine and explaining what they all did :D

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #385 of 553
Fascinating! I wish there were arrows pointing to the different parts of the machine and explaining what they all did :D

In a nutshell, a thin layer of titanium powder is added to to the base, and then the laser will heat and melt the titanium powder onto the previous layer. This is then done over the course of around 12 hours to complete the process!

That is a cool idea though. Maybe I can get the lab to do something like that =)

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #389 of 553
Finally, some shots of our lab techs putting on the final touches on the finishing, driver assembly, and final QC of the sound!

The design of this IEM reminds me of an upcoming Skyscraper coming up in London soon.

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #390 of 553
Looking good! I absolutely adore the design, but I'm really worried by the descriptions that they might be bright, "hi-fi" sounding, like so many other IEM's - was really hoping for these to break the mould, considering the experiments with dynamic drivers in the past, and be a more musical. Hope to hear them and be proven wrong! Because I really want to love these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back