Ultrasone Signature DJ
Feb 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #541 of 2,701
Quote:
Thank for response , do they have the best isolation on the market though???? For that kind of money I would expect . Love my v 100 however they suck in Isolation and wing tip cracked.

I also own the M-100 and am a big fan of them.  I actually think the M-100 isolate okay, but Sig DJ may isolate better.  I can tell you the Sig DJ has a more solid build with no detectable weak spots like the M-100 wing plates- all plastic is thick and high grade.  The Sig DJ blows away M-100 in comfort- cups are much larger, plusher and the most comfortable leather I have felt.  Also, the sound signature is similar to the M-100, but the DJ takes the refinement, highs, bass texture to another level.  The Sig DJ has replaced the M-100 as my primary headphone and I can't imagine another headphone taking the top spot over the Sig DJ.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #543 of 2,701
Quote:
I am not a pro, but can see how these would be a dream DJ headphone for a pro.  These are incredibly durable, they come with a coiled DJ cord in addition to a smartphone cord, the cups swivel and they are the most comfortable, best sounding DJ headphones I ever heard in my life by a mile.  Their sound is so good, they are almost selling them short calling them DJ headphones.  They are basically summit-fi audiophile closed headphones with enhanced bass.  Even the case they come with is top shelf.  They also go loud and isolate well with a snug fit, yet never too tight- great for loud environments.  I believe the Signature DJ is in a class by itself in the DJ headphone category.

Confirmed in this review by a DJ headphone reviewer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Ai6Vf6H4w

I can tell this is one of the greatest seal headpohne but in my opinion, it does not have enough Bass for DJ use cuz you will lose a lot of bass in club or any where that has lot of noise.

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #547 of 2,701
Quote:
AnakChan I know I followed you on m 100 and one of the first to receive them. The music is very loud in clubs I play. I use the aiaiai tma. 1 and senheiser 25 . But looking to increase isolation. Are these foresters about to be released better you think?

Unfortunately I don't have any information about the foresters and therefore can't comment on it. In fact I've not heard about them until you've mentioned it. Do you have any info about it?

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #548 of 2,701
Quote:
So in conclusion should I wait for foresters or are these the best on the market today for a DJ

I tried to Google Forester, but nothing came up that resembled a headphone.  Do you mean Foster as in Fostex?  If you are referring to the upcoming TH600, I doubt it would work well as a DJ headphone due to leakage and durability.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #550 of 2,701
Which Fostex model were you referring to? They have quite a few headphones. The high end ones as per Craigster, don't isolate. The lower end ones (T50RP, etc), I'm not certain if they're "DJ quality" in durability.

One thing though, the modded T50RP (MadDogs) do sound quite nice.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #551 of 2,701
Quote:
Yes sir I meant Fostex saw Sig DJt used on sale on eBay for $675 but instead ordered directly from ultrasone USA

I hope you enjoy the DJ as much as I do.  Based on your screen name, I'm assuming you will be using it for work as well as recreation and I believe they will serve you well, plus they come with a 5-year warranty if you register directly with Ultrasone.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #552 of 2,701
Came into a small windfall recently, and like any true Head-Fi nutjob, I'm blowing it  on a pair of cans 
size]

I was initially more interested in the SigPros, but snapped up the SigDJs that Felix referred to on Fleabay in a moment of weakness, so we'll see how it goes :wink:. I have a pair of T5p headphones that I absolutely LOVE (seriously, I have fallen asleep to them almost every night since I got them... absolutely otherworldly-good cans), but they don't really do what I originally intended for them to do-- namely, provide me with great sound and isolation while on the go. They don't fold up, they're pretty large, and they don't isolate exceedingly well. Don't think I'll be letting go of those for a looooooooong time, but I still need a nice pair of closed headphones for on-the-go, and these look to fit the bill nicely!! Can't wait to hear them-- and when I do, I'll post some comments here :wink:

Honestly, even over the presumably tectonic bass (which I'm not sure I'll like), my biggest concern is over the looks... I think they look really, really unpleasant. The white is just too blingy for my tastes anyway, and the logo on the glass looks very cheesy and slapped-together IMO. Naturally, there's no accounting for taste, and I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm really hoping I like their looks better in person 
size]

Kudos to all the posters in this thread for their impressions and sharing of links and information!! I wouldn't have purchased these without some of the feedback I read here, so thanks to all 
size]

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #553 of 2,701
Oh Gratz on winning eBay bid I had max $400 for the used pair. Let me know if the 5 hour play was a true statement. If it was you got a bargain. I am hoping to have mine shipped tomorrow. I returned my m100 sine a) bad isolation, b) cracked wing tip c) strangled me around the neck during sets. I work up to 5 days a week DJing so hoping that SIG DJs will be all that everyone's says it is. On the picture they do look cheesy, however Germans always made quality stuff and not fashionable like French and Italians. And yes I did pay $1054 for them. 5 year warranty and saved ears is more important for me than a fashion statement .

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #554 of 2,701
Quote:
Oh Gratz on winning eBay bid I had max $400 for the used pair. Let me know if the 5 hour play was a true statement. If it was you got a bargain. I am hoping to have mine shipped tomorrow. I returned my m100 sine a) bad isolation, b) cracked wing tip c) strangled me around the neck during sets. I work up to 5 days a week DJing so hoping that SIG DJs will be all that everyone's says it is. On the picture they do look cheesy, however Germans always made quality stuff and not fashionable like French and Italians. And yes I did pay $1054 for them. 5 year warranty and saved ears is more important for me than a fashion statement .

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "Ultrasones saved my ears" but hope you like them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back