Ultrasone PRO900
Aug 12, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #766 of 924

Quote:
Whoa they updated the accessories included? Kernmac, where did you buy your 2nd pair?

Can't stop tinkering with these, I'm afraid the screws are starting to strip.

Purchased from Ebay powerseller.  Cheapest and most reliable on Ebay.  Simply look for Pro 900 and it will come up.  Plenty of Headfiers have purchased from this seller, and not just Pro900s.  As to the screws. The phillip head screws are soft and it doesn't take much to strip the head, as to stripping the thread, you must be careful as you are screwing into plastic.  Purchase new screws (2 mm Diameter and 6-8mm length) ensure that they have decent heads on them and screw them in nice and straight.  I am very happy with my latest Kees Mod job, not too much cotton or you kill off that magical bass;  depth, volume and slam.  Just the right amount of cotton/felt dampening and the Pro 900 is as good as it gets.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #768 of 924
Messed up the left driver on my 780s yesterday when I re-soldered the cable, so now I have some Pro 900s on the way. Got them for $320 shipped to my US address from buyauthorized 
beyersmile.png

Anyone know if an Alo RX can power them? I'm thinking of selling it to get the new iBasso and run the 900s balanced.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #770 of 924

Quote:
Messed up the left driver on my 780s yesterday when I re-soldered the cable, so now I have some Pro 900s on the way. Got them for $320 shipped to my US address from buyauthorized 
beyersmile.png

Anyone know if an Alo RX can power them? I'm thinking of selling it to get the new iBasso and run the 900s balanced.

The Rx should power them with both arms tied behind its back.  Will they sound as good as they are capable of?  Probably not.  The Rx is one of the best sounding portable amps I've ever heard, but there are undoubtedly some better home amps that will allow the Pro900s to sound even better.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #771 of 924

Quote:
I still don't understand how some sellers have access to Pro900 so cheap. Official suppliers sell it for twice that price????? Anyway at that price it is a fantastic bargain.

IF it's the real thing and not some knock off.

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #772 of 924

Quote:
The Rx should power them with both arms tied behind its back.  Will they sound as good as they are capable of?  Probably not.  The Rx is one of the best sounding portable amps I've ever heard, but there are undoubtedly some better home amps that will allow the Pro900s to sound even better.

I guess I'll just save myself the hassle of selling and rebuying a portable then...and look forward to when I can scrounge up the extra cash for a home dac and amp setup. 

The reason buyauthorized sells headphones cheaper is because they are in open box condition...I'm kicking myself for not picking up the Pro 750s from him when he had them for $160 shipped.

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #773 of 924
That's the lowest I've seen. I doubt they are counterfeit since Ultrasone is not as popular as other brands. If you suspect they are counterfeit send me pics or pm me for pics of all the boxing and accessories and internals.

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #774 of 924
 buyauthorized is a legit seller.  Not fake Ultrasones from there. You forgo warranty, but the product they have is genuine, I can vouch for that. Sent me my Pro900 to Australia in record time, well packed and perfect in every detail including the updated accessories:-Both switch pads are now black and cables include one long 3m coiled 1/4 Neutrik plug, and one short 1.5m terminated with 3.5 or 1/8 plug.

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #775 of 924

Quote:
I guess I'll just save myself the hassle of selling and rebuying a portable then...and look forward to when I can scrounge up the extra cash for a home dac and amp setup. 

The reason buyauthorized sells headphones cheaper is because they are in open box condition...I'm kicking myself for not picking up the Pro 750s from him when he had them for $160 shipped.

Oh, so they sell "B" stock...  That's cool, as long as they check the stuff out before they ship it.  Good way to save some buckage!

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #776 of 924
I just got my Ulrasone 900's from BuyAuthorized shipped to me yesterday for $320
I was skeptical at first but they are brand spanking new. :)
Just open box that's it
On the other hand I'm not to enthused about the sound
I have them plugged in to my iPhone 3GS via headphone out
Will an amp and a LOD make a significant difference???

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #777 of 924

Quote:
I just got my Ulrasone 900's from BuyAuthorized shipped to me yesterday for $320
I was skeptical at first but they are brand spanking new. :)
Just open box that's it
On the other hand I'm not to enthused about the sound
I have them plugged in to my iPhone 3GS via headphone out
Will an amp and a LOD make a significant difference???

Yes...and burn-in.....They do take a while to come into their own.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #779 of 924
Burn in is big on the high level Ultrasones from my experience.  Tough nuts to crack they are.  Those Titanium drivers are quite resilient.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #780 of 924
Crikey, i'm up to page 30 and there's been barely a proper listen or feedback of the pro900!

the navel gazing, verbose sycophantic weener stroking and vitriolic hissy fits are better than the reviews will be LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back