Ultrasone PRO900
Dec 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #916 of 924
Enjoy, and even cry if it suits you.  I would like to try the PRO900 and PRO2900.  Have had very good experiences with both the Proline 750 and the PRO2500.  Agreed.  By comparison, the Grado SR series has no "real" bass.  : )

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #917 of 924
I just got back from talking to my professor, and it sounds a little grainy. unamped. Could it be just one of the headphone's phases? Could it be the other cable is bad?

EDIT: Nvm, it's the source that is the problem. Tried it on my Droid X, flawless.
Sorry if I wasted a post.

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #919 of 924
Someone can recommend leather or pleather pads that don't change sound signature of the headphones? Also, a long time user of the pro 900i can confirm If headband peels overtime and if stock pads get squashed and need change?(because with squashed pads, sound signature changes..) Lastly, tell me how much they leak when listening loud, I know subjective question, but tell me your experience anyway...

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #920 of 924
All earpads squish with time and use just like pillows, there is no avoiding this except by simply never using your headphone. Pleather always disintegrates, it is simply a question of time. The previous generation Pro900 looks better suited to maintenance. You can order spare parts from Ultrasone in Germany. If you don't live in Germany, they'll charge international shipping.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #921 of 924
Looking to buy a pair for WFH use

1. How hard are these to drive?

2. How comfortable are these? The pads seems shallow.

3. Are there third party pads that are compatible?

4. Any other info you want to add?
Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #922 of 924
1. Not very, imo. I used to use a Fiio X5mk2 to drive them very well.
2. I think they're very comfortable. The pads are pretty wide, imo and i find them more comfortable than either my Signature Pro or Signature DJ.
3. Hiiiiighly doubted.
4. For electronic music, these things are great. Physical *kind of bass, too.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #923 of 924
1. Not very, imo. I used to use a Fiio X5mk2 to drive them very well.
2. I think they're very comfortable. The pads are pretty wide, imo and i find them more comfortable than either my Signature Pro or Signature DJ.
3. Hiiiiighly doubted.
4. For electronic music, these things are great. Physical sound of bass, too.
any ideas on how thick the pads are? thanks

Jun 18, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #924 of 924
No calipers but I can take some photos when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back