Ultrasone PRO900
Dec 6, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #903 of 924
Unlucky, hopefully buyauthorized have at least some decent customer service. 

Quote:
I tried man, I even did 10,000 push ups then tried but I failed. Plugging in a damn cable shouldn't be this hard, it must be faulty >.>

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #904 of 924

Quote:

Quote:
I tried man, I even did 10,000 push ups then tried but I failed. Plugging in a damn cable shouldn't be this hard, it must be faulty >.>

Lol just fixed it. Pushed real hard and it finally started to twist right >.> TBH I would have thought having to push as hard as I did would break it. Sounding good out of the Predator, can't wait to get it into the HA-160 on xmas.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #905 of 924

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Lol just fixed it. Pushed real hard and it finally started to twist right >.> TBH I would have thought having to push as hard as I did would break it. Sounding good out of the Predator, can't wait to get it into the HA-160 on xmas.

Glad to hear you got it working.  Hopefully you're enjoying it as much as I am
beyersmile.png

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #906 of 924
Can you please explain how they sound with just the D4???
Still deciding between P-51 and the iBasso line.

Quote:
beyersmile.png

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #907 of 924

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

beyersmile.png

Indeed I am :) May the burn in process begin! Can't wait to hear how these change over time, they already sound great.

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #909 of 924
The Pro 900s sound great out of the Ibasso D4.  Like I said previously, its DAC is very good, and the amp section outputs enough power to drive these headphones well.  The soundstage is not as expansive as it is when running the 900s from my Matrix M Stage, but bass remains tight, and the cans sound like they are getting enough power.  As far as the p-51 mustang vs Ibasso D4 decision, I personally would go with the Mustang if choosing purely based on the amps pairing with the Pro 900.  I personally have not heard the Mustang, but I only chose the D4 due to its great DAC section.  The amp from the Mustang (FROM WHAT I"VE READ) seems like it would be better with the Pro 900 than the D4 is.  Having said that, the D4 still drives the cans just fine, and you'd be happy if that was you're final decision.  

Quote:
Can you please explain how they sound with just the D4???
Still deciding between P-51 and the iBasso line.

Quote:
beyersmile.png

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #910 of 924
And you had attempted to tell me you had used brute force... hang your head in shame.  

Quote:

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #911 of 924

Quote:
It looks exactly like Pro750 except this one appears to be all in black. The translated words say that these will have new titanium drivers and it's slated to release in October, 2008. I wonder if it's actually the new drivers or the same drivers used in Pro750. I guess we'll find out in about two months.

its the same old Ultrasone driver but with a titanium layer that's about a micron thick. I didn't like it on the HFI 780, gives them a super sonic peak in the highs and I found it annoying.

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #912 of 924

Quote:
And you had attempted to tell me you had used brute force... hang your head in shame.  

Quote:

I know, I have let you, myself and my family down. Goodbye head-fi, I am not worthy.

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #913 of 924
This is what I'm worried about... http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/472214/are-most-headamps-overpriced-cmoy-s/90
But that's for a different topic.
Kinda looking at the Headstage Arrow 12HE as well now. Looks very fragile though.
Stepdance looks nice, from reviews, but idk about the 9v battery. that's extra money to spend on those.

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #914 of 924
Package is delivered, gotta wait for the parcel center to open. It's a long 24 minute wait...

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #915 of 924
Ok. OMG!!!!!, these are way better than my SR225! Excuse me for my noobness as I still am new to this. I may use terms in the wrong manner, just bare with me. Using integrated soundcard in my computer(custom). Also, paired with Bravo V2.

Out of the box(Unboxing video coming up for you guys), I love the bass quantity AND quality. It makes my SR225 sound anemic(right term to use? in terms of bass).
Mids a bit recessed compared to the SR225. Can't wait for it to open up after 100+hrs of burn in.
SUPER WIDE SOUNDSTAGE IT'S RIDICULOUS. Have you guys listened to the sample CD? The first track is crazy. It shows how wide the soundstage is. It's like I'm at a real concert, it's so crazy. The applause track is awesome too! S-Logic freakin works for me. This is awesome, I feel like crying, seriously.
Highs - I was expecting sibilance, but no, I guess I'm used to the Grado sound. The "s" sound isn't piercing from vocals and all.

Sorry if my first impressions are noobish and just full of rambling(I just finished taking a final before picking these up at the package center. That final took everything out of me). I am filled with awe. These are the headphones I want, no regrets. It can only get so much better with burn in.
I will upload the video unboxing in a bit. I am just enjoying my headphones for now.

Also, they came in like brand new, I got all of the accessories, I got 2 sets of pads, both black. Both coiled and straight cords. Buyauthorized is legit guys.

Next up a portable headphone amp.
-Another happy Ultrasone customer!

EDIT: Actually the "S" sound, sometimes it gets really irritating. Will try the kees mod later on to tame the highs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsDLhIurDA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back