Ultrasone PRO900
Dec 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #888 of 924
push the 3.5mm jack into the earcup until the threads are covered, and then, while maintaining upward pressure, screw in clockwise until it can't be turned anymore.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #889 of 924

Quote:
push the 3.5mm jack into the earcup until the threads are covered, and then, while maintaining upward pressure, screw in clockwise until it can't be turned anymore.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing and it just doesn't do anything at all. I've tried many different ways, many times, and there just is no sign of resistance, it just slips straight out. Is there a possibility that the connection inside could be faulty?

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #890 of 924
what cable are you using, straight or coiled?

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #892 of 924

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing and it just doesn't do anything at all. I've tried many different ways, many times, and there just is no sign of resistance, it just slips straight out. Is there a possibility that the connection inside could be faulty?

maybe you broke it by pushing it straight in?

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #893 of 924
okay, on the straight cable, both ends are 3.5mm jacks.  Make sure the end that you are trying to screw into the earcup is the end with the threads around the base of the jack.  Just compare each end and you'll see that one has threads at the base and one doesn't, and that is the end that needs to be screwed into the earcup.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #894 of 924

Quote:
okay, on the straight cable, both ends are 3.5mm jacks.  Make sure the end that you are trying to screw into the earcup is the end with the threads around the base of the jack.  Just compare each end and you'll see that one has threads at the base and one doesn't, and that is the end that needs to be screwed into the earcup.

Yeah I know that much :p Definitely using the right end.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

maybe you broke it by pushing it straight in?

But don't you have to push it straight in before twisting anyway?

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #895 of 924
Bloody annoying, but I think the connection may be broken as I am still unable to screw these cables in. I did find the second cable, and pads, so I did receive them and it's the same for both cables. When looking up to the connection inside the headphone, does the black rim inside only wrap halfway around the green entrace to where the jack inserts?

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #896 of 924
Can you take a photo?

Quote:
Bloody annoying, but I think the connection may be broken as I am still unable to screw these cables in. I did find the second cable, and pads, so I did receive them and it's the same for both cables. When looking up to the connection inside the headphone, does the black rim inside only wrap halfway around the green entrace to where the jack inserts?

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #897 of 924

Quote:
Can you take a photo?

Quote:

I'll try now, though it may be hard to get a picture of as it's such a small space.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #898 of 924

Quote:
Can you take a photo?

This is the best I could get on my brothers camera. See JUST below the green bit, how the left side is grey and the right is black? The grey bit is the same colour as the casing of the cups and headband of the headphone. It's like a shell on the left side, but the right side of the green part goes inward and you can see something on the right (the driver?). Sorry it's hard to explain, and I think it probably is normal, but it's worth checking out. I've shot off an email to Ultrasone asking what could cause it to not screw in. If it is defective I will have to send it back and have it replaced, which would be a shame as it would mean another month until I got another back.

http://yfrog.com/m9dscn19230j

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #899 of 924
The hole looks fine to me.  Put the jack into the small hole until the gold ring surrounding it is touching the gold threads on the jack, and then start twisting while pushing inwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back