ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Oct 19, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #1,726 of 2,431
I have a couple of questions.

Ed8 is just not large enough for my head. (however I bought it for my wife). The Pro900/2900 are just about right on my head, but I can't say they are comfortable either.
How is Sig Pro comparing to these cans, comfort wise?

Is it good to use Sig Pro for making beats (just for producing, not for mixing)?
Thanks!

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #1,727 of 2,431

Ed8 is just not large enough for my head. (however I bought it for my wife). The Pro900/2900 are just about right on my head, but I can't say they are comfortable either.

Is it good to use Sig Pro for making beats (just for producing, not for mixing)?
Thanks!

The Sig Pro/Sig DJ cups are definitely larger (more circular than oval). For making beats, I highly recommend the Sig DJ, although I am not a DJ, just love their bass presentation along with the rest of their range + big soundstage.

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #1,728 of 2,431

Thanks!

Have the Edition 8, had the Sig Pro. Main reason I traded my Sig Pro for my D7000 was lack of comfort, both pads and headband. Solved the headband issue with a HD650 pad mod (worked great) but no options for the pads.

If the Pro2900 is the same chassis as the Pro900, the comfort again will be better than the Sig Pro, as I have the Pro900 as well. Did the same headband mod, put Alpha pads on it and it is really comfy. Both mods help a lot.

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #1,729 of 2,431
The Sig Pro/Sig DJ cups are definitely larger (more circular than oval). For making beats, I highly recommend the Sig DJ, although I am not a DJ, just love their bass presentation along with the rest of their range + big soundstage.

Thanks.
Do Sig Pro and Sig DJ has the same transparency / detail? Or how do they compare to Ed 8 in terms of those aspects ?

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,730 of 2,431
Have the Edition 8, had the Sig Pro. Main reason I traded my Sig Pro for my D7000 was lack of comfort, both pads and headband. Solved the headband issue with a HD650 pad mod (worked great) but no options for the pads.

If the Pro2900 is the same chassis as the Pro900, the comfort again will be better than the Sig Pro, as I have the Pro900 as well. Did the same headband mod, put Alpha pads on it and it is really comfy. Both mods help a lot.

Thanks. I do find the headband padding of Pro900/2900 to be too "centered", which creates some pressure on top of my head.
Ed8 however, I don't find them to be too tight, but they are just a little bit small on my head.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #1,731 of 2,431
Thanks. I do find the headband padding of Pro900/2900 to be too "centered", which creates some pressure on top of my head

The solution........here on the Pro900

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,733 of 2,431
Hahaha they look do different with the Alpha pads!!! Does the sound change a bit?

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #1,734 of 2,431
Compared to the stock velours, it now isolates better and has tighter bass. Might even say it has more bass, which is hard to believe. Comfort is better as well, even tho I feel stock they are fine. Alpha pads are just the best........have them now on 4 different phones (D2000, D5000, Q40 and Pro900).

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,735 of 2,431
Compared to the stock velours, it now isolates better and has tighter bass. Might even say it has more bass, which is hard to believe. Comfort is better as well, even tho I feel stock they are fine. Alpha pads are just the best........have them now on 4 different phones (D2000, D5000, Q40 and Pro900).

Even tighter bass?! Wow...
Should've tried' em on my D7000, which was my first pair of high end headphones.

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #1,736 of 2,431
Thanks.
Do Sig Pro and Sig DJ has the same transparency / detail? Or how do they compare to Ed 8 in terms of those aspects ?

I consider all three on par regarding sound quality with variation in sound signature.  The Sig DJ has more prominent and powerful, yet still controlled bass.  Since bass in the Sig Pro is more neutral, mids may sound more forward compared to the DJ.  Highs are identical from memory.  Soundstage seems bigger with the DJ.  Detail and resolution are comparable to me.  Ed 8 strikes me as brighter than both, too much for my taste, but some say that as a result they offer a bit more detail in the upper frequencies.

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #1,737 of 2,431
I would add  I found ed8 a bit more refined than Sig pro but more colored (V-shaped) with more Mid bass hump. Funny but I personnally prefer Sig pro. i heard Ed9 last week too. Very close to Sig pro but maybe a bit more dark and  and a bit more bassy. That said,  ed9 IMO sounds "stronger" and more powerful. Sig pro sounds a bit polite in front of ED9.  

I own now a HD800 and I'm in love with itbBut Im' still in love with my sig pro too.  The two makes a wonderful combo IMO. 

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,738 of 2,431
  I would add  I found ed8 a bit more refined than Sig pro but more colored (V-shaped) with more Mid bass hump. Funny but I personnally prefer Sig pro. i heard Ed9 last week too. Very close to Sig pro but maybe a bit more dark and  and a bit more bassy. That said,  ed9 IMO sounds "stronger" and more powerful. Sig pro sounds a bit polite in front of ED9. 

I own now a HD800 and I'm in love with itbBut Im' still in love with my sig pro too.  The two makes a wonderful combo IMO.

So you start cheating on your lovely SIG PRO. This is HeadFi.... But now you must read this thread as a proper HD 800 user:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/685261/hd800-story-telling-time-warning-prepare-thyself-not-for-the-faint-of-heart-feedback-appreciated-part1-so-far

Have fun

beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,739 of 2,431
  So you start cheating on your lovely SIG PRO. This is HeadFi.... 

I'm afraid I unfortunately don't understand well what you said. 
redface.gif
 .  What do you mean ?  . 

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,740 of 2,431

I'm afraid I unfortunately don't understand well what you said. 
redface.gif
 .  What do you mean ?  .

Perhaps he is referring to the idea that your love affair with the Sig Pro may be waning. As I said .... just a "perhaps".lol.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back