ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Feb 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #406 of 2,431

Quote:

Just as an aside, I did a search on Google, and I came to an audiophile blog where someone described his listening impressions of the Edition 9. He called it a Sennheiser Orpheus killer. LOL.

That must have been me coming back from the pub.
biggrin.gif

Joking aside, I think the Edition9 did get some very unfair extreme bashing in the past. I prefer them to Edition8.

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #411 of 2,431

Quote:
Very interesting thread.. I just order one today... I am surprise it was pretty back ordered.. Will pose impression when I get it.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I am ... congrats on a wise choice.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #412 of 2,431
Hi there!

I've just purchased Signature PRO from a local vendor. I've listened to it for like 20 hours. And I find that the highs are pretty loud (on par with Edition 8 or more). And it definitely lacks the bass - my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro has more bass then this headphone.

I don't know whether I'm used to Edition 8 (which I find a bit sibilant too, and the bass with ED8 is too loud for my ears) but the Signature Pro sound really cuts my ear. Have anyone experienced the same? Or just maybe my pair is defective?

Will appreciate any advice right now.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #413 of 2,431

Either something is wrong with yours or they need more burn-in time. I've never heard an Ultrasone has less bass than a Sennheiser, especially the HD 280 pro, which is significantly lacking in the bass.
Quote:
Hi there!

I've just purchased Signature PRO from a local vendor. I've listened to it for like 20 hours. And I find that the highs are pretty loud (on par with Edition 8 or more). And it definitely lacks the bass - my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro has more bass then this headphone.

I don't know whether I'm used to Edition 8 (which I find a bit sibilant too, and the bass with ED8 is too loud for my ears) but the Signature Pro sound really cuts my ear. Have anyone experienced the same? Or just maybe my pair is defective?

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #414 of 2,431

Quote:
 Sennheiser, especially the HD 280 pro, which is significantly lacking in the bass.

Significantly lacking in bass?? Whoa. no. The HD280 Pro has a fairly pronounced bass curve, especially in the sub-bass region. Makes electronic more fun. My 280Pro has more low sub-bass than any Ultrasone I've heard, including the Pro 900. But no, the Sennheisers do not have the mid-bass hump like Ultrasone does. It's flatter. But certainly not lacking. And the sub-bass boost makes up for it tremendously. 

Edit: and yes, most Ultrasone headphones need quite a bit of burn. Some people still see nice improvements after 1500 hours. 20 won't cut it. Put 400 on them before a decent evaluation. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #415 of 2,431

Quote:
Significantly lacking in bass?? Whoa. no. The HD280 Pro has a fairly pronounced bass curve, especially in the sub-bass region. Makes electronic more fun. My 280Pro has more low sub-bass than any Ultrasone I've heard, including the Pro 900. But no, the Sennheisers do not have the mid-bass hump like Ultrasone does. It's flatter. But certainly not lacking. And the sub-bass boost makes up for it tremendously. 

Perhaps I got a faulty pairs then, my HD 280 Pro has even less bass than my old Sony, one of the reasons why I sold it. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #417 of 2,431

Quote:

FWIW, I find the Signature Pro to be LESS bright / sibilant / cutting than the Edition 8. I believe Gwarmi felt the same way as well. Perhaps your source is very bright? Not sure what else could account for differences there, aside from subjectivity in perception and different ears. I wouldn't be too concerned about having a defective pair.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #418 of 2,431

Quote:
Hi there!

You might want to get a better quality files. I tried them with 192kbps music, it hurts your ears. Later I tried with the lossless, It's totally different

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #420 of 2,431
Having not heard the DX 100 cant comment on synergy, however, without being ignorant I must say that is one sweet looking DAP ... its just gotta sound good.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back