ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #226 of 2,431

Quote:
Is there a reason you can't use custom or universal iems?

I used them but I feel headphones are better than
I love music with the headphone feeling...for custom or iems, I'm not satisfy...they make me ear-hurt, litte bit tired if I hear for along time and I don't feel "soundstage", "my own music space" when I'm listening to the music just like headphone...so that's why I wanna lookig for portable headphone on the go

First, I think that T5p is okie but now, Signature has released and I don't know which one I have to buy...I really care about the quality of sound like details, sharp, bass, trebel and soundstage

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #227 of 2,431

Quote:
As far as portability goes, I think the Signature Pro wins by virtue of its foldability. It's also a bit more rugged than the T5p. Not sure how the T5p sounds in comparison though. I imagine it's trying to go for a more neutral presentation, which is also what the Signature Pro strives for.

you guessed it right. 

i have t5p and i got signature pro recently with an intention of getting another closed/portable headphones that can do things differently.  or in another words something to complement my favorite closed/portable headphones.  t5p, has a natural sound.  great soundstage and imaging(i don't want to talk too much on t5p, go search on that big t5p thread, drew explained in every detail and i agreed with him).  signature pro, a fun headphones.  has a very rich sound.  powerful bass.  i only have it for about 10 hours so i come back later for more impression. 

by the way, i'm thinking, they sounded a little like jh16.  smoother and headphone like.  maybe i'm wrong because i have not heard my jh16 for like a month

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #228 of 2,431
forgot one thing, one thing for sure, signature pro sound a lot better from a portable setup than t5p, i believe both are at 32 ohm.  not very picky on amps.  a pico slim sound good.  i like sr71a better though. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #229 of 2,431

Quote:
you guessed it right. 

i have t5p and i got signature pro recently with an intention of getting another closed/portable headphones that can do things differently.  or in another words something to complement my favorite closed/portable headphones.  t5p, has a natural sound.  great soundstage and imaging(i don't want to talk too much on t5p, go search on that big t5p thread, drew explained in every detail and i agreed with him).  signature pro, a fun headphones.  has a very rich sound.  powerful bass.  i only have it for about 10 hours so i come back later for more impression. 

by the way, i'm thinking, they sounded a little like jh16.  smoother and headphone like.  maybe i'm wrong because i have not heard my jh16 for like a month

Quote:
forgot one thing, one thing for sure, signature pro sound a lot better from a portable setup than t5p, i believe both are at 32 ohm.  not very picky on amps.  a pico slim sound good.  i like sr71a better though. 

Hi! So you think that Signature Pro sound better than T5p? I have interesting with your idea! Please tell me soon...
Is Signature Pro easy to carry out? I wanna one headphone on the go with me! Thanks for your idea...I didn't own Ultrasone before so I really I don't know much about Ultrasone

I'm waiting for your idea...

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #230 of 2,431

Hi! So you think that Signature Pro sound better than T5p? I have interesting with your idea! Please tell me soon...
Is Signature Pro easy to carry out? I wanna one headphone on the go with me! Thanks for your idea...I didn't own Ultrasone before so I really I don't know much about Ultrasone

IMO get the Signature Pro. Order it from rmcaudiodirect.com, you won't be disappointed.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #232 of 2,431

Quote:
So did you own Sig Pro? Is it easy to carry out on the go?

If you can carry an AT-M50 around, you can carry the Ultrasone Signature Pro

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #234 of 2,431
Just got back from RMCaudio and their price is very good. I will go ahead and order one this weekend.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #235 of 2,431

Quote:

signature pro has a build just like hfi-780.  sound sort of like hfi780 too.  a smooth, mellow 780.  of course leagues better.  the head band is nicer, the earpads too.  i usually don't like to use the word "better" because they completely different but from a portable setup, yes better.  from a stationary amp.  no, just different.  of course differently good. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #237 of 2,431

Quote:
forgot a picture.  i promise to do another shot(s)(better) later.  with t5p perhaps? 

woa! thanks for your idea and your experience...Maybe I have to choose Sig Pro...Luckily that I didn't buy T5p yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #238 of 2,431

Quote:
you guessed it right. 

would you say signature pro neutral?
I got one signature pro recently, and I don't have T5p in my hand
IMO I don't believe ultrasone produced such a un- Ultrasone-like HP, it sound quite different from pro line and ED8(I've heard ED8 only once, and that was just opened from the box)

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #239 of 2,431

Quote:
would you say signature pro neutral?
I got one signature pro recently, and I don't have T5p in my hand
IMO I don't believe ultrasone produced such a un- Ultrasone-like HP, it sound quite different from pro line and ED8(I've heard ED8 only once, and that was just opened from the box)

The problem is there's a range of what can be considered a "neutral headphone," and depending on one's frame of reference, something on the fringes of neutral for one person could be easily construed as not by another. For me, it's a lot easier and more beneficial to say that the Signature Pro is, by Ultrasone's standards (based on their other headphones), one of their most neutral sounding headphones.

People like to summarize the output of a particular headphone manufacturer as being a "house sound" often times, and while I think it validly applies in some cases (Audez'e, Denon), I think it's an over simplification in others (Audio-Technica, Sony). With Ultrasone, the stereotype tends to be a massive bottom-end, detailed mids, often sharp, painful highs. The Edition 8 fits this stereotype better than the Signature PRO, but both are more refined overall compared to the PRO models.

In other words, the Signature PRO is not so stereotypically 'Ultrasone' to my mind, especially compared to their recent directions with the Edition 8 and Edition 10. The Edition 9 to my mind epitomizes the pinnacle of the 'old' Ultrasone, their other sound that is smoother and not as strident. The Signature PRO then occupies a mid point of sorts between the Edition 9 and Edition 8, their old ways and new ways.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #240 of 2,431
So did you own Sig Pro? Is it easy to carry out on the go?

No, as a matter of fact I haven't heard either the T5p or the Signature Pro. I just know that if I were you, I'd get the Signature Pro without thinking twice about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back