ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Dec 30, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #197 of 2,431
Thank you very much .yuo are good man^^ Thank for your information .I ever used Pro2900 and 2500 I very love sound signature of Ultrasone.I ever used LCD-2.2 but I sold in 2 week,it good Headphone but it not my lifestye.

In The TrueWorld somebody very love Ultrasone and Somebody don't like It.

But I love them everytime

My english isn't not good sorry^^

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #200 of 2,431

Overall, this headphone has tested my ability to keep my views on subjectivity versus objectivity separate.

Anyone who already owns 2 or more Ultrasones and has the means should certainly consider the
Signature Pro as mentioned in earlier posts ~ it's almost worth it just for the incredible passive
noise isolation ~ it still amazes me every time I put them on.

My initial misconception was during the first 10hrs of burn-in where I over-estimated their bassiness,
there's no doubt they're not lacking in the bass department but anyone looking for a Pro 900 upgrade for the lower
register of the sound spectrum may be disappointed.

They do separate extremely well for a closed model and the sound stage overall is quite pleasant, the other
bonus being that they're easy to drive for anyone already owning a decent portable amp eg, Pico Slim, any
ALO, Ray Samuels etc ~ excellent portable, noise isolated audio awaits.

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #201 of 2,431
I definitely agree that these are "moderate" as far as Ultrasone bass goes. If you're looking for LOTS of bass, then the PRO 900 or 2900 may be worth trying. I also recommend seeking out an Edition 9 if you can find one, as they have more bass than the Edition 8 / Signature Pro but still much better quality than the PRO line imho.

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #202 of 2,431

Quote:
Yes, the earpads and headband are top quality leather.

I suspect the Signature PRO was purposefully kept as utilitarian in design as possible, and that Ultrasone is directly responding to the criticism they've faced from their Edition series. That is, people are quick to target the Editions as being about luxury image and little else. Ultrasone is oft cited as being all sparkle and no substance.

The Signature PRO isn't a cheap feeling headphone. Holding it in your hands, you can feel that it has some heft and that it's built rock-solid. Even though it lacks the metal of the Editions, it feels stronger, and it's actually a headphone I wouldn't worry about taking out and about. It's not a headphone you have to baby, and personally I really like that.

It's not like Ultrasone doesn't make a distinctive looking, nice sounding headphone already. It's called the Edition 8. The Signature PRO has a somewhat different sound, but sounds just as good---if not better---and addresses different needs.

Head-fi will never be happy with the look of any headphone no matter how much the design is catered to them. A company could sit down with every member and make them a headphone specifically designed for each individual member and I still feel people would complain about the looks.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #206 of 2,431

Quote:
How does the plastic look and feels? The photos make it looks like cheap ABS rather than a nice polycarbonate.

If you're familiar with the material of the PRO 900 / 2900, then it's essentially the same sort of thing but thicker. The earcups have a slight texture to them and are matte. It feels quite solid and robust to me, and when handling them I personally get the feeling the plastic is used for durability and not cheapness. They have quite a nice heft to them (but not enough to be uncomfortable).

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #207 of 2,431
I do appreciate the new headband. The older HFI style headband used on the Edition 9 had been known to snap in two on occasion, and the newest headband seems more robust. Contrary to my previous post, you can in fact replace it if need be, as there are small screws that I assume loosen it. In terms of comfort I'm not seeing much difference however.

The only issue I still have with the headband is that weird vein of plastic that runs down the top of it. Why is it even there? All it seems to do is cause some bumps along the top side of the band.

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #209 of 2,431

Quote:
Can you tell me ,how many hours Signature Pro need to Burn in? . I'm Burn-in this time about 60 Hours.  Thanks ^^

I don't really believe in burn-in, so I don't do it with most of my headphones. The only time is when I don't like the sound initially and I figure I've got nothing to lose.

Sorry!

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #210 of 2,431
i do believe in burn-in but i don't use anything.  just music only.  got it yesterday, sn114.  i played 6 albums so 6 hours?  it's opening up a bit.  nice though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back