ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #212 of 2,431

Quote:
Would you consider this a portable headphones?

Now the best portable headphones competition can extend to T5p Vs edition 8 vs signature pro..

Most definitely, yes. It isolates very well and includes both 1/4 and 1/8 cables for a variety of portable sources and amps. Personally, I think it's a much more sensible choice for a portable over the Edition 8 because it's more durable. I'd worry about the Edition 8 too much on the go.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #213 of 2,431

And it can be folded for on the go use ~ I'd have no hesitation in folding these and just throwing them 
 into a backpack free of hard objects inside. They'd give a pair of AT M50's a good run for durability
 and hardiness.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #214 of 2,431

Quote:

And it can be folded for on the go use ~ I'd have no hesitation in folding these and just throwing them 
 into a backpack free of hard objects inside. They'd give a pair of AT M50's a good run for durability
 and hardiness.

Are you considering getting the Signature Pro, Gwarmi?

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #215 of 2,431

Quote:
Are you considering getting the Signature Pro, Gwarmi?

I could certainly obtain one at a very good price through a few avenues of mine 
smile.gif

However, I have already committed myself to the top of the Johnny G heap,
 I have a PS1000 on the way so I'll be taking a rest after that.

Still, desktop audio has always been my suite over portable audio, I see the
 Signature Pro's strongest appeal with the latter, it's a versatile can in many
 ways and I feel that Ultrasone wanted it to be equally at home plugged into
 an full sized amp or running off an Apple Classic iPod. 

Bit shocked though that you seem to be the sole owner for the time being
 around Head-Fi.

Having said that HeadRoom are yet to review them properly after putting
 them up on the site.

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #216 of 2,431

Quote:
 I could certainly obtain one at a very good price through a few avenues of mine 
smile.gif

However, I have already committed myself to the top of the Johnny G heap,
 I have a PS1000 on the way so I'll be taking a rest after that.

Still, desktop audio has always been my suite over portable audio, I see the
 Signature Pro's strongest appeal with the latter, it's a versatile can in many
 ways and I feel that Ultrasone wanted it to be equally at home plugged into
 an full sized amp or running off an Apple Classic iPod. 

Bit shocked though that you seem to be the sole owner for the time being
 around Head-Fi.

Having said that HeadRoom are yet to review them properly after putting
 them up on the site.

Ah, gotcha.

I've seen a few posts from people saying they're new owners of the Signature Pro. I think maybe two thus far? As far as I know though, we've been the only two voices in giving any impressions up to this point. Hopefully we'll see some more reviews soon for these great headphones.

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #217 of 2,431

Quote:
Ah, gotcha.

I've seen a few posts from people saying they're new owners of the Signature Pro. I think maybe two thus far? As far as I know though, we've been the only two voices in giving any impressions up to this point. Hopefully we'll see some more reviews soon for these great headphones.

I think perhaps like so many things in audio ~ price is such a determinant for many, there's a parallel in that
 between the Signature Pro and the Grado PS1000.

Many have said that the PS1000 may have sold in greater numbers if it were not for the $1695USD price tag,
 I feel after discussing it with a few people that the Signature Pro's price tag may have also fallen prey to this
 dilemma ~ $700USD for example would see a lot more of them getting around.

That perhaps though does not make sense with the bean counters back at Ultrasone, regardless of the
 added benefits that higher turnover of sales would bring.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #218 of 2,431

Quote:
 I think perhaps like so many things in audio ~ price is such a determinant for many, there's a parallel in that

Many have said that the PS1000 may have sold in greater numbers if it were not for the $1695USD price tag,
 I feel after discussing it with a few people that the Signature Pro's price tag may have also fallen prey to this

That perhaps though does not make sense with the bean counters back at Ultrasone, regardless of the

Agreed. I think the appearance of the Signature Pro also adds to a bit of the reluctance. I think people feel a bit more justified in paying the same price for the Edition 8, which looks more like a stereotypical "high end" headphone.

Ironic, given the general amount of flak Ultrasone gets for their flashy designs.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #219 of 2,431

Quote:
Agreed. I think the appearance of the Signature Pro also adds to a bit of the reluctance. I think people feel a bit more justified in paying the same price for the Edition 8, which looks more like a stereotypical "high end" headphone.

Ironic, given the general amount of flak Ultrasone gets for their flashy designs.

Yes, and we've both seen what a neglected Edition 8 looks like once the cup rubber grommets begin to wear and if the fancy sheen has come into
 contact with other rough objects. They look pretty average to say the least, I've seen some shockers.

I'm very much against celebrity endorsement on so many levels but reluctantly in the case of the Signature Pro ~ I feel they need a muso'
 producer or DJ as the face of this model, they really do, it's just the way product sells these days.

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #221 of 2,431

You can get the Signature Pro for $850 in the USA.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #222 of 2,431

Quote:
How would you compare these to T5p?

I'm considering to get either t5p or the edition 8.

Now it changed to signature pro or T5p..

The problem of all closed Ultrasones is that you have only a decent soundstage, if S-Logic works for you. If not, then you have none. (If you want to know if it works for you, you have to try it out)

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #223 of 2,431

Quote:
How would you compare these to T5p?

I'm considering to get either t5p or the edition 8.

Now it changed to signature pro or T5p..

I have the same problem ...
I need one portable headphone on the go but I don't know which one I have to choose? T5p or Signature Pro? Is Signature easy to carry out? Can anyone have idea?
I love Pop, Pop-Dance, Classic, Hip-hop (sometimes), Rap (sometimes)

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #224 of 2,431
As far as portability goes, I think the Signature Pro wins by virtue of its foldability. It's also a bit more rugged than the T5p. Not sure how the T5p sounds in comparison though. I imagine it's trying to go for a more neutral presentation, which is also what the Signature Pro strives for.

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #225 of 2,431
Is there a reason you can't use custom or universal iems?

Quote:
I have the same problem ...
I need one portable headphone on the go but I don't know which one I have to choose? T5p or Signature Pro? Is Signature easy to carry out? Can anyone have idea?
I love Pop, Pop-Dance, Classic, Hip-hop (sometimes), Rap (sometimes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back