ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 12, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2,349 of 2,431

Yes it is technically possible, but its a much bigger deal than just changing a cable.

It is need to drill a hole in another cup I supose?

You'd either need to drill into both cups and run a new wire into both cups 

OR

Drill out the existing connector and route all the wiring through the left side. 

If you haven't done this many times I'd strongly discourage you trying this yourself. Unfortunately getting someone to do the work for you will be pretty expensive as well. 

Does you DAP not have a 3.5mm output?

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #2,350 of 2,431

OR

Drill out the existing connector and route all the wiring through the left side. 

If you haven't done this many times I'd strongly discourage you trying this yourself. Unfortunately getting someone to do the work for you will be pretty expensive as well. 

I'm thinking of buying an upcoming Opus 3. And all that hype about balanced out, which sounds better than SE...

Ok, thanks. Think, it's better not try to kill my cans. Will use them as is.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #2,352 of 2,431

OR

I'm thinking of buying an upcoming Opus 3. And all that hype about balanced out, which sounds better than SE...

Ok, thanks. Think, it's better not try to kill my cans. Will use them as is.

It's probably for the best. I would also say the Signature Pro are growing to be less relevant as a headphone as other headphone manufacturers have entered the closed headphone domain. 

I would get a balanced cable for any earphones you have and then compare to see how much of a difference you hear between the outputs.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #2,353 of 2,431
I had my Signature Pro's modified for a balanced cable by Moon Audio.

With the Ayre Codex, there is a significant increase in sound quality when operating in balanced mode.

Before having them modified I took my Sig Pros to a dealer in San Francisco and compared them against all the newer (and in many cases more expensive) closed and balanced cans--since I figured I could just buy new balanced cans and sell the Sig Pros.

I preferrred the Sig Pros to anything I auditioned them against (although some of this may have come down to familiarity with the Sig Pro's sonic signature).

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,355 of 2,431
Guys, is it possible to make balanced cable with 2,5 mm connection for Sig Pro?

It sure is, see this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/570388/ultrasone-new-announced-headphone-signature-pro/2295#post_12418762 

I have produced several cables which I can change, including a couple of different balanced cables.

PM with questions (Or post) if you wish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back