ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 11, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,177 of 2,431
It is just the headband pad right? So i know what to ask for. 

Yessir. I'll try to find the part number for you.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #2,178 of 2,431
So found the pictures.  They are on this thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900 - in the pictures on the side you'll see them.  Mine are in there but here they are - you can see by loosening the two screws per side above the serial number the headband pad tucks in, trapping it in place. 

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2,181 of 2,431
thats a cool headband mod! headband comfort is fine for now but the earpads are not so accomodating. pads does pinch the upper rear tip of the ears but the slight discomfort does lessen over time making it acceptable. could be better for sure.

on the hand, the sound keeps blowing me away! i hear micro details that i swore werent there even with the best IEMs i have. had the sig pro's for a month now so im pretty sure it's not new toy syndrome. it does improves off my desktop rig (violectric v800 - dynahi) with a bigger bass slam & a bigger soundstage but its definitely not shabby off the porty rig (hidizs ap100 - cayin c5). its the best portable setup ive ever had!

just bright & detailed enough to give me goosebumps without crossing the threshold of sibilance. bass is deep & textured without bleeding into the mids. only faults i can find (to my ears) are the mids do tend to be a smidgen too forward & i would like slighty more bass slam. both "deficiencies" are alleviated somewhat with the main rig.

if the right deal comes along, i'll pickup the sig dj's for sure to do a comparo. for now, i couldnt be more happy!

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #2,182 of 2,431
  Has anybody alse noticed serious comfort issues with SigPros? The headband is simply too large and thus the earcups make pressure on upper part of ears. Listening for more than one hour becomes uncomfortable. Is there a remedy for it?

In addition to the other suggestions, you can stretch the headband to loosen the pressure.

Also, people with big head are not immune to that complaint. :wink:

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #2,183 of 2,431
Hi!

Got my Pros yesterday and I'm finding it really bright and accented on upper midrange and treble. A lot of recordingd im my library got sibilance only on Pros. I like bright cans, but this is bit too much for me. Paired them with HDP-R10, HM-802 and Xiaomi Mi Note. Are they gonna to settle down a bit during the burn in?

Thanks!

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #2,184 of 2,431
For me i left them the first few nights playing all night and they settled in beautifully after 3 days. its a few weeks now and they sound wonderful so they will adjust

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #2,185 of 2,431
  Hi!

Got my Pros yesterday and I'm finding it really bright and accented on upper midrange and treble. A lot of recordingd im my library got sibilance only on Pros. I like bright cans, but this is bit too much for me. Paired them with HDP-R10, HM-802 and Xiaomi Mi Note. Are they gonna to settle down a bit during the burn in?

Thanks!

I bought my SigPros second hand and they are not bright or sibilant at all (at least with AK 100Mk2). The brightness should disappear after burning them in.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,187 of 2,431
I think you should just listen to them for a while and only with them. I have made the experience that there is some sibilance with certain recordings, e.g. Michael Stipe live is to sharp is anthing close to an "s" - but I hear this alos with other headphones. Then there are recordings where the Sig Pro really shines. Yesterday evening I listened to the new album of John Spencer Blues Explosion and this was very nice...

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,189 of 2,431
Can you buy from UK ?  then Try amazon.uk :wink: 

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #2,190 of 2,431
For those who are having comfort issues, check out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00862522A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't fit the ultrasone signaure's exactly, but the ends of the flap fit the ends of the headband resulting in a secure, but not that great looking fit. It has increased my listening comfort by over a 100 times and I can't recommend it enough. Especially for the people who are vary of even a little bit of DIY (the Sennheiser 650 mod). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back