ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2,191 of 2,431
Any thoughts on where to buy a pair of Sig Pros for less than the $1300 msrp? Not a lot of places seem to carry, sell or take special orders for it. I recall reading a comment on innerfidelity stating that they can be had for around $800.

Request a quote from RMC Audio. It won't be 800, but it will be better than MSRP.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #2,192 of 2,431
Apr 27, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #2,193 of 2,431
  For those who are having comfort issues, check out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00862522A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't fit the ultrasone signaure's exactly, but the ends of the flap fit the ends of the headband resulting in a secure, but not that great looking fit. It has increased my listening comfort by over a 100 times and I can't recommend it enough. Especially for the people who are vary of even a little bit of DIY (the Sennheiser 650 mod). 

Hi lethe27!

I'm pretty interested in this solution. I even found it on German Amazon. Do yoy have by accident some pictures with your improved Signature Pros?

May 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #2,197 of 2,431
Has anyone here made comparisons between the Signature Pros and the Performance series, in particular the 880s? For that matter also Edition 5 and Edition 10. I had the opportunity to try the latter plus the 880s over a weekend. In fact I disliked the Edition 10s because of the unnatural reproduction of violins etc. I preferred the Edition 5s, but there was still something not quite right about the treble. Unexpectedly, I found the 880s the most pleasant to listen to, despite the slightly flimsy construction and mild microphonics from the cables. Where do the Signature Pros stand sonically compared with the Performance 880's and the Edition 5? I believe that the 880's I heard were demo models, so presumably properly burned in, but the Edition models were new out of the boxes. 

May 2, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #2,199 of 2,431
Love my Ed8. Sound higher end to me than the Sigpro but sound signature is not as well balanced. Also the Ed8 is more comfortable by a mile. I must say though i grab my sig pros more often due to that balance and the isolation seems better on them to me. Have no idea about the 880s.

May 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #2,201 of 2,431
From the very first. I actually heard a demo before release but didn't buy them till over a year later. Originally they were the direct competitor of the hd800 and many preferred them.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #2,203 of 2,431
Soundwise I'm very satisfied with my SigPros, but unfortunately they are barely usable without mods. I alreadyy attached a Sennheiser HD650 headband and it's still very uncomfortable. I would say, it's very challenging to wear them more nab one hour. Has anybody changed the earpads? Probaly with a third party manufaturer product? The original earpads are very thin and cause unnecessary pressure. I'm sorry if this issue is already discussed (the thread is too long to get though it).

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #2,204 of 2,431
I am looking for a pair of great closed-back headphones to use in office. Currently my list has been narrowed down to: sig pro, alpha prime, and possibly th900.
My major concern over th900 is its isolation/leakage. What I read is that they don't do much better in this area then open ones, although they're closed-back.
For signature pro and alpha prime, I believe they do great job in isolation/leakage, but I am not sure how sound wise they compete with each other. Has anyone heard those cans, and give some impressions/suggestions. I listen to many genres, female vocals may be my favourite atm. Thank you in advance.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #2,205 of 2,431
I am looking for a pair of great closed-back headphones to use in office. Currently my list has been narrowed down to: sig pro, alpha prime, and possibly th900.
My major concern over th900 is its isolation/leakage. What I read is that they don't do much better in this area then open ones, although they're closed-back.
For signature pro and alpha prime, I believe they do great job in isolation/leakage, but I am not sure how sound wise they compete with each other. Has anyone heard those cans, and give some impressions/suggestions. I listen to many genres, female vocals may be my favourite atm. Thank you in advance.

Sig Pros would fit the bill here, and they have the benefit of being very easy to drive. If you're okay with something a little bigger, I'd highly recommend the ZMF Blackwood. The former is a bit more detailed and has extremely extended but flat highs, and the latter has a more natural, richer tonality. I do have to say if you're okay with the size and having a small amp, the Blackwood is really an excellent option. I did end up deciding on the Sig Pros between the two, but the decision might have been different if I didn't already own them.

I haven't heard the AP yet, but from what I understand the treble is a bit more forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back