ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Mar 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,146 of 2,431
I started to use the Oyaide cable because to my ears they were not bright enough with the stock cable. But then again I have had (and still have) the HD800, the Stax SR 404 LE, and the Beyer T1, so I have a sense of what else is available - and all of those are brighter than the SP, even when fed with mellow sources, probably because they have comparatively less bass than the SP. I do also have (as my favourite non-portable headphone) the Stax Omega II, and that, when fed a really clean sound, is in some ways comparable to the SP with the Oyaide cable. So, I say that the SP is not bright at all. I have, however, been listening to music (including at loud rock concerts when I was young) for well over 40 years, so my hearing is probably a bit less sharp than that of many. And I have slight tinnitus. But even so, when listening to live piano playing (a true test of what live music sounds like) - when my daughter plays the piano at home - I hear sharp highs. So, maybe my hearing is reasonably accurate.

I think the fatiguing quality is less about the treble and more about general impact. Sig Pros (and Ultrasone in general) are very punchy, which is super fun to listen to, but they're not really a headphone for just chilling out. They involve you.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #2,147 of 2,431
Can this headphone be used outside while it's raining? or should I be wary of short circuit?
Can I put the volume on my Fiio X5 on 120 with headphone gain and use them as portable speakers lol?
Or is this not recommended and could damage the headphone overtime?

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #2,148 of 2,431
Did you smoke something special tonight?

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #2,153 of 2,431
I listened these days to Mark Lannegan's "Blues funeral" with the Sig pro and this was another album that sounded amazing. Everything sounded right in place. Nothing with too much highs or recessed mids. This is something that is puzzeling me about these headphones: some albums sound really great on them and other albums less. Most of the times on those it is the highs that I find to dominant or sibilants too strong... Maybe it is the recording. Live recordings of REM are not listenable to my ears with the sig pros. Most of the studi recordings are fine. The older the better... I have been wondering if it was worth to spend so much money on a headphone. Especially when it is picky. But when I listen to Mark Lannegan, I enjoy it... was it worth the money? When I lsten to "Blues funeral" I don't won't to think about money...

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #2,154 of 2,431
  Can this headphone be used outside while it's raining? or should I be wary of short circuit?
Can I put the volume on my Fiio X5 on 120 with headphone gain and use them as portable speakers lol?
Or is this not recommended and could damage the headphone overtime?

You mind sharing the results of your experiments?

But portable waterproof 2in1 headphone/speaker would be good. I'd buy one.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #2,155 of 2,431
Just bought a pair of Sig Pros, cant wait for them to arrive!

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #2,157 of 2,431
Mar 29, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #2,159 of 2,431
joined the ultrasone train late & only picked up a pair of sig pro's offa fellow headfier here 2 weeks back. gotta say at 1st, i found the sound slightly dark & not as detailed (compared to the hd800 & T1) while soundstage is not up to par with the th900. also found the fit ever so uncomfortable after 1hr or so as it seems to slightly on ear instead of over ear for me.

on the good, i thought it sounded quite good just off the HO of my Hidizs AP100 chiDAP & the sound did improve plugged into my desktop rig which shifted the emphasis from the bottom to the mids & highs.

picked up a cayin c5 porty amp locally lastnight & LO off the Hidizs to the c5 > sig pros sounds amazing! bass tightened up, highs opened up with micro details more present & i found the sig pros soundstage to be able to compete with the th900s. bulkyness & goofy looks  aside, i think ive found my ultimate portable rig! even fit & comfort has improved!

my sig pros also came with an aftermarket oyaide cable & it does improve clarity ever so slightly. all in all, im super happy with the sig pros & the cayin c5 amp just brings up another notch! glad to be part of the ultrasone club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back