ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #1,846 of 2,431

Ah, thanks guys. So mine being in the 1600s is perfectly in line with the chronology I guess.
Wow... I feel like I'm in a very elite/small club of brothers. Haha
beerchug.gif

I've tried all sorts of portable approaches and these are my favourite throw in the rucsac and go headphones by a long margin. There was even rumour of a cable with a microphone on for mobile phone use, but I'm not sure if anything came of it...

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #1,848 of 2,431
When I want to carry my SP, I just throw it in my bag or suitcase  
biggrin.gif
 . Utilitarian we said !

I really appreciate that this headphone can be folded flat. Then it's very easy to put it in my Laptop case.... Laptop + HRT Microstreamer or Jdslabs C5D + Sig pro = Hi-end audio everywhere. 
L3000.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #1,850 of 2,431
dc-k : 
beerchug.gif
 .. U-ti-li-ta-rian ! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #1,851 of 2,431
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #1,853 of 2,431
This cable came with the Sig DJ that I purchased last year. Btw my Sig Pro is # 00377. I bought them used in 2012 from a guy that used and abused them a lot. Got me new earcushions two days ago. Now the comfort is like new again.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #1,855 of 2,431
  I've tried all sorts of portable approaches and these are my favourite throw in the rucsac and go headphones by a long margin. There was even rumour of a cable with a microphone on for mobile phone use, but I'm not sure if anything came of it...

This cable came with the Sig DJ that I purchased last year. Btw my Sig Pro is # 00377. I bought them used in 2012 from a guy that used and abused them a lot. Got me new earcushions two days ago. Now the comfort is like new again.

Yup. That cables comes with the Signature DJ along with their coiled cable. I don't think I have ever used it! LOL But it's there... Replacement pads seem to be on the expensive side of things but what the heck we are talking Ultrasone here! :wink:

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,858 of 2,431
  how much are we talking about?  mine probably going to need a new pair of pads.  not now but, i can see me wanting one, maybe in half a year?  9 months. 

Go to the Ultrasone site, as they have the pad replacements there.  Be seated when you look at the prices.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #1,859 of 2,431
I paid 130 Euro. They are hand made of leather. And pads are expendables, they degrade over time. You could use the Hfi plesther pads instead, I have tried it. They fit, but sound awful. I got the Sig Pro used from a guy who really used them heavily. Then I got the Sig DJ second hand but unused. The pads where much better as the Sig Pro pads, so I switched them back and force a lot. I also msde the mistake to maintain the Sig Pro pads with leathrr fat. That made the pads even worse. The trick seems to be, not to do anythong to them at all. Then they will serve much longer like new. Just use them, don't maintain them.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,860 of 2,431
  how much are we talking about?  mine probably going to need a new pair of pads.  not now but, i can see me wanting one, maybe in half a year?  9 months. 

Couldn't you get them replaced under warranty?  You wouldn't expect high quality leather pads to last for a short amount of time would you? And someone else mentioned before that they were quite durable? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back