Ultrasone Edition 8
Oct 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #1,246 of 2,099

Quote:
I owned the ed.8 and sold them, IMO fun at the beginning distorted in the long run. The customs you mention and I would add the Earsonics EM3pro's, will give you much better sound for the buck. With the ed8's you are buying an object of desire, with the customs a professional musical instrument.... 

How long did you have the Ed8s for before you sold them??

Hmm.. fun but can get distorted???? damn..  maybe I should just invest in Beats By Dre studio...

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #1,247 of 2,099
I can't disclose the price. The local distributor made me a great offer. One that I've got countless of sleepless nights thinking about.
But at that range is also the JH16 I guess??  more or less.

Coming from the venerable GR07 and TF10 and ShureSe530...  and the B&W p5..  to the Ed8s ..  hmmmmm

or a Customs..  I've heard the JH16 and I'm rather impressed with them....  as I am with the UM Miracles..

Ed8 didn't exactly impress me when I auditioned them for like 10mins...  but I've been lusting for them since forever!

Are you seriously comparing full-size headphones to customs? IMO if you like both, get both. My IEM journey has ended the moment I got the Ed. 8.

If you really want the Ed. 8 and you got a really good price, then what are you waiting for?

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #1,248 of 2,099
I used to love Ed.8 soo much since it was my first hifi headphone. However by now I think the price for Ed.8 is a little bit unreasonable and the it's difficult to resell them. You can nearly buy a LCD 3 with that money.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #1,249 of 2,099

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing full-size headphones to customs? IMO if you like both, get both. My IEM journey has ended the moment I got the Ed. 8.
If you really want the Ed. 8 and you got a really good price, then what are you waiting for?

Waiting for the shop to open I guess :S

its 1:30am..  made an appointment later today at 4pm :)

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #1,250 of 2,099

Quote:

Waiting for the shop to open I guess :S

its 1:30am..  made an appointment later today at 4pm :) 

for customs or IEM?

As ppl said, IEMS are great for small size, isolation, etc (I guess, never had customs)

I chose Ed8 because I can't handle IEMs, and at work is a pain to remove IEMs and then put them again. Is just faster with headphones.

I think is more about what you want to wear, instead of the sound IMHO

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #1,251 of 2,099
I used to love Ed.8 soo much since it was my first hifi headphone. However by now I think the price for Ed.8 is a little bit unreasonable and the it's difficult to resell them. You can nearly buy a LCD 3 with that money.

Apples and oranges... Yes, the price is high SQ-wise, but it's the best portable closed full-size. IMO it would be unwise to get an Ed. 8 for home use when you don't need the isolation, there are much better options out there.

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #1,252 of 2,099

Quote:
for customs or IEM?

As ppl said, IEMS are great for small size, isolation, etc (I guess, never had customs)

I chose Ed8 because I can't handle IEMs, and at work is a pain to remove IEMs and then put them again. Is just faster with headphones.

I think is more about what you want to wear, instead of the sound IMHO

No..  the local distributor of Ultrasone :)

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #1,253 of 2,099

Quote:
 is a pain to remove IEMs and then put them again. Is just faster with headphones.

I have Earsonics SM3 and Ortofon eQ7 and just ordered the Ultrasone ed 8 exactly for this reason.

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #1,254 of 2,099
I wonder why some people complain about the bass lacking here....

I'm no in any way allergic to bass, in fact I've got the Sony XB700s. And The Triple.fi 10s are rather bassy as well. But...  I never really understood 'bass slam' until the Edition 8s...  my god...  it feels like I got hit by a rhino..

BRB..  gonna regurgitate from too much bass..

Back!!  but the quality of the bass..  and the fact that it does its own thing in its own area without ever straying into the mids..  is amazing really..  both quality and quantity of the bass..  to say its not even in the same league as the XB700s are an understatement...  its not even in the same solar system...

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #1,255 of 2,099
My Ed8 LE are waiting at the hotel to be opened, to be cared and tested by me...

I will use them with Fiio E10 and iPhone->Fiio E6 for now, no cash left after getting LCD-2 and Ed8 LE the same week...

LCD-2 arrives until tuesday.

For now, I hope my sources are enough... someday I will be able to pay for a CLAS or Bifrost...

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #1,256 of 2,099

Quote:
My Ed8 LE are waiting at the hotel to be opened, to be cared and tested by me...

I will use them with Fiio E10 and iPhone->Fiio E6 for now, no cash left after getting LCD-2 and Ed8 LE the same week...

LCD-2 arrives until tuesday.

For now, I hope my sources are enough... someday I will be able to pay for a CLAS or Bifrost...

Tested my Ed 8's with the Fostex HP-P1..  MY GOD!!!!

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #1,257 of 2,099
Really? Are you using the HP-P1 for both DAC/Amp? Personally although I find the HP-P1 nice, I prefer using only the DAC function with a separate amp (ico Slim or Predator).

But the best combo with my Ed8s is the CLAS+PSlim. I'd like to try the SR-71B one day.

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #1,259 of 2,099
i have been listening Ed8 from Fiio E10, with FLAC.

OMG... the bass in Phoenix from Daft Punk is insane.

Who said those are not for bassheads?

Now.. if only i could find a small hard case...

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #1,260 of 2,099
I use this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000167SVM

works very well,fits inside nice n snug
Quote:
i have been listening Ed8 from Fiio E10, with FLAC.

OMG... the bass in Phoenix from Daft Punk is insane.

Who said those are not for bassheads?

Now.. if only i could find a small hard case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back