Ultrasone Edition 8
Oct 23, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,276 of 2,099
Me neither.  Maybe just a batch or they hit moisture on the shipping or something.  That really sucks!
frown.gif

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,277 of 2,099
Yup... here neither, and I just got my LE.

I think should be a batch thing, because they should not make any noise at all....

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #1,279 of 2,099
Just got my Ultrasone ed. 8 Ruthenium purchased online.

I was surprised by the look as in most of the photos it looks black when in fact they are like a mirror... not sure I like them.

Comments as to how they sound will follow later... now they are worming up.

Pedro

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #1,280 of 2,099
Does yours squeak at the hinges?? :p

Quote:
Just got my Ultrasone ed. 8 Ruthenium purchased online.

I was surprised by the look as in most of the photos it looks black when in fact they are like a mirror... not sure I like them.

Comments as to how they sound will follow later... now they are worming up.

Pedro

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #1,281 of 2,099
Yep. They squeak if I manipulate them as in the YouTube video posted above. However, while on my head they (still) don't.

Mine are numbered 1773. Is this a batch defect or is it a design flaw common to all ed.8?

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #1,282 of 2,099

Quote:
Yep. They squeak if I manipulate them as in the YouTube video posted above. However, while on my head they (still) don't.

Mine are numbered 1773. Is this a batch defect or is it a design flaw common to all ed.8?

I don't necessarily consider it a flaw. Don't recall my number as I'm at work (mine are new as well), but mine squeak too. It's the little piece of rubber material that protects where the headband connects to the earcup. I wouldn't want a lesser material there. It's big (and squeaky) protection, but I want it to be protected for a long time. I wonder if the squeak calms down after a few years. It never bothers me. 

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #1,285 of 2,099
I don't necessarily consider it a flaw. Don't recall my number as I'm at work (mine are new as well), but mine squeak too. It's the little piece of rubber material that protects where the headband connects to the earcup. I wouldn't want a lesser material there. It's big (and squeaky) protection, but I want it to be protected for a long time. I wonder if the squeak calms down after a few years. It never bothers me. 

Mine squeak too, but not when they're not my head. #1790 here.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #1,286 of 2,099
If I send mine back I may consider changing the Ruthenium for Palladium or Limited. Does the squeak manifest on this versions? If not, wich one would you choose if money is not a constraint?

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #1,289 of 2,099

Quote:
If I send mine back I may consider changing the Ruthenium for Palladium or Limited. Does the squeak manifest on this versions? If not, wich one would you choose if money is not a constraint?

Probably depends on the looks.

My LE don't make weird sounds, the wood is sweet, and the hardcase looks very nice.

Acually.... I just did the test, and heard the clamping sounds if I force the cups. But never noticed it on my daily basis use (1 week with them)

Probably you will hear the same sounds?

Let's hope someone else can elaborate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back