Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
Aug 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #436 of 771
neptius: For your, and other people's information, if anyone's posts are deleted, it is because they break the forum rules or are dragging a thread off-topic.  A forum, furthermore is not a democracy. That is all that needs to be said on the matter.  If you, or anyone has concerns about that, they are free to PM me or other moderators and discuss it. In a thread is not the appropriate place to do so.

As for your ED10 comments, I essentially agree with them.   I can just say it in fewer words and only need to use one post. 
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #439 of 771
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVhWwLVn3o&feature=player_embedded
like no other headphone......and if you compare it directly you hear huge difference......
very promising news from Ultrasone

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #444 of 771

Quote:
Freedom for opinion presentation is one of pillions of democracy.

This isn't a democracy. It's a privately owned site where anything the leadership says, goes. If you don't like it, don't come here.

edit: Sorry Currawong. Just saw your reply.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #445 of 771
Don't believe him, he might not even have a car.
ph34r.gif

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #447 of 771
I might be more interested in a pair if I hadn't already ponied up for the Edition 8 Limited Edition.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #448 of 771
These very high priced things are often a very good way for the manufacturer to get advertising.

They know that once they become available they will be photographed and put on front pages of magazines and with large pics in blogs.

Reviewers will feel privileged to have one and so they are generally quite kind to them.

We have seen this in so many areas of hi fi. Amplifiers being put on sale for astronomical prices, their actual manufacturing costs being a fraction of that. The reason, of course, is that a small company can get a huge amount of advertising out of these. Look at Audio Note who in the late 80s put the Audio Note Ongaku on sale in the UK for £30,000. This guaranteed front page coverage on every hi fi magazine in existence. I think it is a large part of the reason why Audio Note (UK) because a well known name in Hi Fi. In fact I don't believe that amplifier was worth that, not by a very very long margin. I remember listening to it at great length at a Hi Fi show in Ireland, playing my own records which I'd brought along. It didn't strike me as being substantially better than any other single ended triode valve amplifier.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #449 of 771
The Edition 9 was a natural evolution, combining the best of the closed PRO & HFI series' models, with real sonic improvements. The Ed8 is a radical departure in design from the lower series'.

The Edition 10 appears to be a luxury version of the open PRO series technologies, with a little Ed8 cosmetics thrown in. The extent to which these materials & whatever tweaks they've incorporated result in sonic improvements, I can't say. Although I'd be willing to bet they are real (just not necessarily on how much improvement). If I could afford them, I'd buy 'em. Regardless, I still want to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back