Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Review (Well, A Mini-Review Anyway)--The Poor Man's UE10 Pro
May 19, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #16 of 108
I wonder how these sound compared to the 3 driver livewires?

May 19, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #17 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$500 cheaper than UE10 Pro? I'm listenin', tell me more....if they prove to be a significant step on from Trips, I'm buyin'.

Trips? Fidelity Triples, you mean? I've been looking out for a review, in vain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*nod nod*

May 19, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #18 of 108
most of us will consider how it compete with univerisal flagship IEM, like IE8, UM3X, W3, tri fi 10 pro ad SE 530

Please dont tell me its soundstage like IE 8, mid range like UM3X..............

May 19, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa, 3-driver Livewires? When did those come out?

May 19, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #23 of 108
This is great news for any custom IEM fence sitters! But not only people who have been presently considering taking the plunge - also those who have long since resigned themselves to the fact that you can't put custom and affordable in the same sentence when talking about IEMs!

I'm glad they didn't do this 2 weeks after I bought my UE10 Pro (several years ago), because that's now money that I hardly remember, like a long lost friend, and I sure have put some miles on my UEs in the meantime.

So what are we talking about here? 100% of the fit and comfort and 90% (just a guess) of the sonic performance for half the price of the UE10 Pro? All in, you would still be under $500 even counting the cost of impressions. Not bad at all, IMO.

May 19, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #24 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must have missed them because of the change of name.

No, not the new Fidelity Custom (which do has a triple drive of their own), but the original LiveWire by EarPeace. They do offer a triple drive called 'LiveWire 3' now, but haven't update their website to include the new product.

May 19, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #25 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, not the new Fidelity Custom (which do has a triple drive of their own), but the original LiveWire by EarPeace. They do offer a triple drive called 'LiveWire 3' now, but haven't update their website to include the new product.

Call me paranoid, but with everything I've read on the CA office, they wouldn't be my first choice.
redface.gif

And since the original engineer behind the LiveWires is now selling them under the name Fidelity Customs, if I'm not mistaken, it could be said that the Fidelity Customs are the true original LiveWires. A rose under any other name...

May 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #28 of 108
i still find it funny that there is so little mention of the sleek audio custom on this message board. perhaps it is that most people are taken in by the multiple drivers marketing bit. i love multiple drivers but when i hear a single driver that does as good a job, i don't rush out to get the multiple driver iems.

that said, i would love to try the new ue

May 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #29 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still find it funny that there is so little mention of the sleek audio custom on this message board.

I once sent an inquiry to Sleek, and they never bothered answering. That kind of killed my interest in their products.

May 19, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #30 of 108
This is interesting news for sure. It looks like UE is trying to put a stop to Westone undercutting their prices, and get one back at them. Which is great. More competition = better for everyone involved. Prices will come down and product quality will go up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back