Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Review (Well, A Mini-Review Anyway)--The Poor Man's UE10 Pro
May 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #31 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I once sent an inquiry to Sleek, and they never bothered answering. That kind of killed my interest in their products.

well, i certainly cannot speak for all customers but i have had good service there. i do hear that ue are great with customers and i have also had good contact with their customer service department.

May 19, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #32 of 108
At this price range, these are very tempting...Now...can I get ListenHear to ship my impressions to UE!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #33 of 108
This is so cheap!

May 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #35 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm such a fool. Just had to put an order in for these. Off to get an additional set of impressions done this morning to send to UE. At $20 a pop, it's actually affordable.

If only the earphones didn't cost... slightly more.

We'll be waiting for your review.
popcorn.gif

May 19, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #36 of 108
this looks very interesting and tempting indeed. i don't know much about IEMs though. i bought my first pair of R02-Pro's just a while ago and have been pretty content with them, but always wanted a custom fitted one like these. can IEM's compete with full-sized headphones though? will the best IEMs still give you the "in your head" feeling instead of the "in a room" feeling?

May 19, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #37 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but how much better are they than the triple.fi 10?

Yea, this is really the main thing I want to know. I don't wear IEM's for hours and hours every day so it is much more about the SQ than the custom fit. Besides, I get a great and comfy fit using complys with my TF10 Pros.

May 20, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #39 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by robjrock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, what what I read from the website, these are essentially Super.Fi 5s with custom ear moulds? Or are they are genuine upgrade from their previous dual armature model?

Well that's what I thought UE5Pro's were so now I am also wondering difference between UE4Pro and UE5Pro?

May 20, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #40 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's what I thought UE5Pro's were so now I am also wondering difference between UE4Pro and UE5Pro?

Maybe it really is the lack of options as Jude says. If you are able to only have one type of product with no options, you should be able to cut costs.

May 20, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #41 of 108
It appears from the Ultimate Ears website that there exist other differences between the the UE4 Pro and UE5 Pro other than the lack of options.

Specifications:

UE5 Pro
Input Sensitivity: 119db @ 1mw
Frequency Response: 20 to 16,000 Hz
Impedance: 21 ohms

UE4 Pro
Input Sensitivity: 108db @ 1mw
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 15,000 Hz
Impedance: 17.5 ohms at 1 kHz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back