Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #8,011 of 9,690
Quote:

Thank you...

I will spend a week to mourn for the loss and start thinking what replacement I should get.
Should I get a new pair of TF10 or the new UE900, which I have yet to have a try.
Any comment is appreciated.

Depending on what you liked about the TF10 and your budget, another to consider is the Earsonic SM64.  After trying a severas other headphones I would end up reaching for the TF10s most often.  Now it's the SM64s.

Apr 24, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #8,012 of 9,690
Thank you...

I will spend a week to mourn for the loss and start thinking what replacement I should get.
Should I get a new pair of TF10 or the new UE900, which I have yet to have a try.
Any comment is appreciated.

good luck finding another pair of TF10s. Being discontinued may have jacked up prices if you're not buying from Amazon.
From what I read, the UE900 isn't very similar to the TF10, but I believe that it's worth trying.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #8,013 of 9,690
Quote:
Well. Did not expect to see Chris_Himself reply.

And I'm assuming that you do repair all your cables lol.

I guess I'll put in a order as a obligation now if you do.

Can someone also explain what the basic advantages are in the different terminations for the 3.5mm plug?

We take care of our people. Thats pretty much the bottom line. I am a head-fier as well and I know how much having non-functioning gear of any sort works. I wasn't implying other people don't take care of their customers by the way. I actually was trying to put the opposite out there saying most people take care of 'em haha.

Quote:
Chris do you have a website?  How would I purchase the cables from you?

Err my new store isn't really dialed in yet in terms of google search, but google "Chris Himself", youll get my blog which should have enough info to get you to the e-store. I think it's awesome that my friggin user name that I use on every forum comes up that easily :D

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #8,014 of 9,690
Quote:

We take care of our people. Thats pretty much the bottom line. I am a head-fier as well and I know how much having non-functioning gear of any sort works. I wasn't implying other people don't take care of their customers by the way. I actually was trying to put the opposite out there saying most people take care of 'em haha.

Err my new store isn't really dialed in yet in terms of google search, but google "Chris Himself", youll get my blog which should have enough info to get you to the e-store. I think it's awesome that my friggin user name that I use on every forum comes up that easily :D

Any Cupon codes.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #8,016 of 9,690
But does he have an "E" Ticket? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #8,018 of 9,690

Quote:
Depending on what you liked about the TF10 and your budget, another to consider is the Earsonic SM64.  After trying a severas other headphones I would end up reaching for the TF10s most often.  Now it's the SM64s.

good luck finding another pair of TF10s. Being discontinued may have jacked up prices if you're not buying from Amazon.
From what I read, the UE900 isn't very similar to the TF10, but I believe that it's worth trying.

Thank you for the recommendation. I gotta find out where I can try SM64 and UE900.

I can still see TF10 in some local stores at reasonable price a while ago, I guess they probably stock up on those a little bit when UE announced its discontinuation. Just hope they still have it, so that I can have more choice.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #8,019 of 9,690
For those of you that did not get the TF-10's re-shelled, but do not like the stock tips or the Sony Hybrids, the  Shure EASFX1-10(Small, Medium, and Large) Soft Flex Sleeves work great. They seem not to affect the sound negatively and provide a better seal than the Hybrids. I found the hybrids to be too pliable, but the Shures(at least for my ears) fit much better and are comfortable also. I got mine at here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024N8GAW/ref=pe_157280_29425810_email_1p_0_ti

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #8,020 of 9,690
Apr 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #8,022 of 9,690
May 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #8,024 of 9,690
I figured this was the place for this question - I have a pair of TF10's that I love, but never wear because of the fit. (They have under 100 hours, probably under 50) I was going to have them reshelled into customs when I got around to it. Now because of a great deal, I have 2 pair of Heir Audio customs (8A/4A) coming in a month or so. I have to figure that the TF10's are not going to get much ear time now and the rush to custom isn't as pressing. I am on the fence about selling them - but would like to know from those who may have demo'd all three - is there a good reason to keep the TF10's? Won't the Heirs cover all the bases, so to speak?

May 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #8,025 of 9,690
Thought of selling my Triple Fi 10s as I cant get a good fit for long periods, only when not moving on the train.
So I dragged them out to use/retry with my iphone4 (RMAA show a flat response with the iph4).
Great sound, better than with ipod touch 4G.

I dont want to part with them but I dont use them enough. Because of the fit. Cant be bothered reshelling and have tried many a tip.

Triple Fi 10s/Null audio cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back