Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #7,786 of 9,690
Hmm.yea I thought bout it.but the paint job is ruined.it would take so much time and effort to paint it again.:frowning2: I was just taking out the tips to clean it when this happened.heart sank.lol.ive not had customs b4.maybe this could be my pilot project.see how it feels to have a pair of customs.heard inearz is a good place to start.any comments on that?

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #7,787 of 9,690
Oh man you haven't even had them that long, have you? Ah well, there's oodles of people who have reshelled the TF10s and they seem to take to it very well, not losing much if any of the original sound, and even improving on it according to some...

I've done some research and have decided that I will probably use Fischer Audio for a reshell when mine give out. Shouldn't be too much over $100 for the whole process.

Quote:
Yep, exactly my thoughts. argh, my wallet..
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #7,790 of 9,690
Quote:
Oh man you haven't even had them that long, have you? Ah well, there's oodles of people who have reshelled the TF10s and they seem to take to it very well, not losing much if any of the original sound, and even improving on it according to some...

I've done some research and have decided that I will probably use Fischer Audio for a reshell when mine give out. Shouldn't be too much over $100 for the whole process.

Yea loved those fi10s and then crap happened. well, i guess a reshell aint that bad after all. reshell improving the sound? now that's interesting.  i guess i shall take the plunge.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Oh wait, looks like they are the same company...
redface.gif

Yep, its the same company.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #7,792 of 9,690
*waves hands around*

Waaaait!

http://www.custom-iem.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=127

Sorry about your wallet. But that just looks awesome.

You can go all the way up to 6 drivers...food for thought...

If you really like the sound of your TF10s, this would be a good way to keep that sound, and improve on it over time. I am not as invested in the TF10 sound personally, but I was, this is the route I would go. UM will beat InEarz/Fisher by miles in build quality, as well.

Quote:

Yea loved those fi10s and then crap happened. well, i guess a reshell aint that bad after all. reshell improving the sound? now that's interesting.  i guess i shall take the plunge.
bigsmile_face.gif

Yep, its the same company.

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #7,793 of 9,690
Quote:
*waves hands around*

Waaaait!

If you really like the sound of your TF10s, this would be a good way to keep that sound, and improve on it over time. I am not as invested in the TF10 sound personally, but I was, this is the route I would go. UM will beat InEarz/Fisher by miles in build quality, as well.

Really? I saw some disassembled UM reshells and I thought some of them have really low build quality. I really hope the only change in sonics in a reshell is due to insertion depth and not driver retuning as the TF10 sound is ridiculously good with EQ.

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #7,794 of 9,690
Weird, everything I've read about their CIEMs here on Head-Fi seems positive re: their build.
Quote:
Really? I saw some disassembled UM reshells and I thought some of them have really low build quality. I really hope the only change in sonics in a reshell is due to insertion depth and not driver retuning as the TF10 sound is ridiculously good with EQ.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #7,795 of 9,690
[size=medium]http://www.head-fi.org/t/476669/comparing-the-custom-tf10-and-universal-tf10-youre-not-gonna-like-this[/size]

[size=medium]Did anyone check this thread, they have different [size=11pt]opinion on[/size] custom tf10 [/size]

[size=medium]universal tf10 sig is my perfect from me…I do not want to mess up with my tf10, I did try many other mid-level IEM’s like 535, X10, H-100, GR07, XBA3 ended up returning every time…  U shape EQ from tf10 is perfect all-rounder for me.[/size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #7,796 of 9,690
Quote:
*waves hands around*

Waaaait!

Lolz. it would cost a bomb to upgrade to 6 drivers.haha. moreover i wont know what kind of signature it would bring after the upgrade. sounds like a great idea though and i've heard UM does a great job in terms of its reshelling. i guess i will just go for plain reshell with inears as it is the cheapest. i've read some of the thread and reviews seems quite positive overall. i just recently upgraded my gear so i will use the fi10s mainly for daily commute and gym only.:) thanks for the heads up bro. u have been helpful.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #7,797 of 9,690
Quote:

i do agree that the TF10 is great with EQ and is also amp/source sensitive. i've paired it with the DX100 and gosh i was amazed that the fi10s had so much potential left.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #7,798 of 9,690
No problem 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Lolz. it would cost a bomb to upgrade to 6 drivers.haha. moreover i wont know what kind of signature it would bring after the upgrade. sounds like a great idea though and i've heard UM does a great job in terms of its reshelling. i guess i will just go for plain reshell with inears as it is the cheapest. i've read some of the thread and reviews seems quite positive overall. i just recently upgraded my gear so i will use the fi10s mainly for daily commute and gym only.:) thanks for the heads up bro. u have been helpful.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #7,800 of 9,690
Quote:
Ah well, there's oodles of people who have reshelled the TF10s and they seem to take to it very well, not losing much if any of the original sound, and even improving on it according to some...

Needless to say, reshelled TF10's improve fit, isolation and comfort considerably. Whether re-shelling improves the sound, is debatable. What it does do, is accentuate the TF10's 'V' shaped sound signature, even further. If that is what you like then that may be an improvement, but for some, it will be making the signature just too pronounced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back