Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #7,651 of 9,690
Logitech's support absolutely sucks. Unless you're still under warranty, they have not replacement parts. The outer part of my mold separated and was lost. They have no provision for replacement  part and they will not replace a set that's out of warranty. For IEMs that are this expensive, that's inexcusable. Hopefully you're under warranty.

That has nothing to do with Logitech specifically. It is an industry wise practise (except for less than a handful of companies) not to actually repair, but to replace within warranty. Price generally has nothing to do with it as well. IEM of other brand that is twice as expensive as TF10 get the same treatment, unfortunately.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #7,652 of 9,690
Quote:
Logitech's support absolutely sucks. Unless you're still under warranty, they have not replacement parts. The outer part of my mold separated and was lost. They have no provision for replacement  part and they will not replace a set that's out of warranty. For IEMs that are this expensive, that's inexcusable. Hopefully you're under warranty.

Did you clean the sound canals? If theres some wax buildup on one side or the other, it'll impact output.

Sucks.. I threw away my shell pieces earlier this year, IIRC (got my TF10 custom shelled). If I still had them I'd send them your way!

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #7,654 of 9,690
Quote:
That has nothing to do with Logitech specifically. It is an industry wise practise (except for less than a handful of companies) not to actually repair, but to replace within warranty. Price generally has nothing to do with it as well. IEM of other brand that is twice as expensive as TF10 get the same treatment, unfortunately.

How do you know that?

That's an absolutely rediculous position for anyone selling high end, expensive equipment.

Who are the "handful of companies" that provide after warranty support? I want to take my business to them.

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #7,655 of 9,690
How do you know that?

That's an absolutely rediculous position for anyone selling high end, expensive equipment.

Who are the "handful of companies" that provide after warranty support? I want to take my business to them.

Thanks.

From experience. I own most brands of IEM and have to deal with CS from time to time.

Etymotic will do repair, but only on ER4 since other models they have are no repairable as well. Shure will sell individual parts on their SE line as well, but limited to those with removable cable. Can't say for sure, but Westone might sell parts for their RC (removable cable) models. Sennheiser is possible, since EU law requires manufacturer to stock parts for repair, but then again you should get 2 years warranty in many parts of EU. You are more likely to get after warrenty repair / replacement with removable cable models as they are modular in design and easy to stock parts. Most companies just don't want to keep a department of technician to repair IEM since replacement tend to be cheaper than hiring professional.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #7,656 of 9,690
Gilly, did you ever get round to ABX testing your two TF10 cables?... apologies if I missed it. Below is that article I was going to dig out for you, I came across it again today and it reminded me of this thread.

I need to replace my TF10 cable as it has gone from reduced volume in one ear to almost zero. Because copper is on the borderline of desired cable resistivity, I'll be looking for a well made silver coated cable to take cable resistivity to well bellow the 5% figure of the TF10's average driver impedance 1.6 ohms ( if my calcs are correct ). It should be really interesting to ABX the two and if I hear a difference it will point to UE not doing their homework correctly or cost cutting when specifying the TF10's cable requirements more than anything else.

An excellent and interesting article on speaker cables by sound engineer Roger Russell to ensure aftermarket cable buyers can make an informed decision before parting with their cash. http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#silverwire

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #7,657 of 9,690
Gilly, did you ever get round to ABX testing your two TF10 cables?... apologies if I missed it. Below is that article I was going to dig out for you, I came across it again today and it reminded me of this thread.

I need to replace my TF10 cable as it has gone from reduced volume in one ear to almost zero. Because copper is on the borderline of desired cable resistivity, I'll be looking for a well made silver coated cable to take cable resistivity to well bellow the 5% figure of the TF10's average driver impedance 1.6 ohms ( if my calcs are correct ). It should be really interesting to ABX the two and if I hear a difference it will point to UE not doing their homework correctly or cost cutting when specifying the TF10's cable requirements more than anything else.

An excellent and interesting article on speaker cables by sound engineer Roger Russell to ensure aftermarket cable buyers can make an informed decision before parting with their cash. http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#silverwire

I never did...I moved and the guy I which was going to help me is now on the other side of the continent :frowning2:

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #7,659 of 9,690
He guys,

at the moment I'm upgrading my TF10 with new cables (chris_himself) and thinking about a reshell. There are several possibilities as far as I know

the most common ones:

Unique Melody (+169USD)
1964ears (+200USD)
Fischer Hearing
Kozee (+119USD including impression kit)

and I found a new (to me) one with http://www.inearcustom.com for 119USD (icluding impression kit).

But what is from your experience the best bang for the buck? 

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #7,660 of 9,690
Here's some interesting tips you guy's might want to try for your TF10. Dirt cheap $1.50 for one pair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pair-Middle-Size-IN-EAR-EARBUDS-EAR-BUD-TIPS-For-Ultimate-TF10-TF15-ie8-etc-/261121592566?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3ccc0f4cf6

(Check sellers other items for S/M/L)

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #7,661 of 9,690
Quote:
He guys,

at the moment I'm upgrading my TF10 with new cables (chris_himself) and thinking about a reshell. There are several possibilities as far as I know

the most common ones:

Unique Melody (+169USD)
1964ears (+200USD)
Fischer Hearing
Kozee (+119USD including impression kit)

and I found a new (to me) one with http://www.inearcustom.com for 119USD (icluding impression kit).

But what is from your experience the best bang for the buck? 

Hmm I thinking of getting mine shelled as well, first time ever. Trying find the best place as well but nothing too expensive.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #7,662 of 9,690
Quote:
Here's some interesting tips you guy's might want to try for your TF10. Dirt cheap $1.50 for one pair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pair-Middle-Size-IN-EAR-EARBUDS-EAR-BUD-TIPS-For-Ultimate-TF10-TF15-ie8-etc-/261121592566?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3ccc0f4cf6
(Check sellers other items for S/M/L)

Its 2.50 for a pair when you include the shipping charge, did you buy these and if so how much?

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #7,663 of 9,690
Its 2.50 for a pair when you include the shipping charge, did you buy these and if so how much?

I thought it was $1.49 US Free shipping? I bought a pair yes still coming, I was only charged $1.49 to my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back