Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 19, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #7,411 of 9,690
Quote:
When you remove the cable, don't pull straight up on the connector with any force because you're weakening the socket and it will most likely came away from the earpiece.. Instead hold the earpiece on a table or flat surface with one hand then with the other slowly (with as little pressure possible) pull up on the socket while wiggling very lightly left and right so the pins can wiggle their way out. If it doesn't work straight away, try again after having a rest.

It doesn't matter how long this takes though the amount of force used is crucial. You should see the connector start to raise away from the socket. again.....still do not pull straight up. Keep wiggling with little upward pressure until it comes away from the socket. It's a more a slow delicate process than a quick yank and snap away from each other.

[size=10pt]This really helps...Thanks… I want to change the cable but fearing socket damage never attempted. Will attempt now with your suggestion[/size]

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #7,412 of 9,690
Quote:
hi guys, I am new here, few days ago I tried to pull out the cable from the left heaphone and the socket connecting cable with headphone went off, even worse I have lost the socket, now I have one headphone as this one from my photo below,

Any idea if I can buy somewhere this socket/plug? any links? and how should I solder it? any assistance will be gratful, Logitech said it is out of warranty and cannot be covered:frowning2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a49ipv81tys27mn/2012-09-18%2008.10.04.jpg?m

thanks guys for all your advices I am going to sell it on ebay as a faulty one, they are perfectly fine but I just got  a spare one for 80£ (in UK) Used - Like New from very trusted seller on marketplace, got may items from him before and Used - Like New means just damaged box or open and return, never used,
make it custom it too expensive for me around 150$ for it, I wonder how much would I get on ebay for my earphones

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #7,413 of 9,690
Bit of an odd situation occurred when I tried to get another replacement cable from Logitech a few days ago.
Their warranty system apparently wouldn't reprocess any claims from the same person twice, even if the warranty is in place. Granted, the guy who I was talking with made a workaround with his supervisor, so I did end up getting my replacement cable. Very dedicated and friendly bunch of folks as always. They also mentioned that they might be out of the normal L plug cables so a few days later, I ended up with the mic cable instead.

Granted, I DO like the cable over the old one actually. Little to no memory, and very soft to the touch. Memory wire's also softer and more pliable.

At this point, I'm going to just write this off as a coincidence that they were out of the L plug cables at that time.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #7,415 of 9,690
If the superfi3's are ba's and still working (despite the cable separation) you could always get them reshelled.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #7,416 of 9,690
I just received my replacement Triple Fi 10's from Logitech (Great Service), and I am wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives to comply foam tips. The comply foam makes the earphones sound the best, but I will have paid double the price of my Triple Fi's in two years because of how expensive they are. I am looking at buying Sony Hybrids, but I dont want to lose quality, can anyone help me evaluate.

By the way, the silicone tips that came with the Triple Fi's do not fit me at all. Also, I probably prefer silicone to foam because foam really does not last for me. 

Anything would be appreciated
Cheers

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #7,417 of 9,690
How long do they last you?

Thanks, Jim

By the way, the silicone tips that came with the Triple Fi's do not fit me at all. Also, I probably prefer silicone to foam because foam really does not last for me. 

Cheers

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #7,418 of 9,690
I just received my replacement Triple Fi 10's from Logitech (Great Service), and I am wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives to comply foam tips. The comply foam makes the earphones sound the best, but I will have paid double the price of my Triple Fi's in two years because of how expensive they are. I am looking at buying Sony Hybrids, but I dont want to lose quality, can anyone help me evaluate.

Cheers

Within this sellers items he sells a cheaper version of memory foam tips, you get several pairs in one purchase. (8) I think. People have been using these with good results. There's different sizes and a listing which gives you S/M/L as well.

These ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-noise-cancellation-memory-foam-tips-Z-/150763932212?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item231a3b0a34

Goodluck.

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #7,420 of 9,690
His cables actually do what they say from my experience. My Dark Lord cables still soldering on quite nicely from sunricky. When I bought mine I was talking a risk also being quite sceptical about the changes. After arrival and the differences I only wish I went for a higher end cable from him.

I have this one in my sights.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260949451499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #7,423 of 9,690
Yeh, the amount of solid core strands in the cable. I think your is x4 cores same as Dark Lord, though your cable appears to be pure copper cores where as Dark Lord is silver plated copper. I prefer silver plated as it gives you little of both. Copper / silver.

Edit: I've been thinking of upgrading to Athena 8 cores. I'm just looking for an excuse. :p

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #7,424 of 9,690
Quote:
His cables actually do what they say from my experience. My Dark Lord cables still soldering on quite nicely from sunricky. When I bought mine I was talking a risk also being quite sceptical about the changes. After arrival and the differences I only wish I went for a higher end cable from him.
I have this one in my sights.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260949451499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

You should also take a look at the cables from Jaben, my brother got a cable from them and the quality is quite nice!

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #7,425 of 9,690
Quote:
How long do they last you?
Thanks, Jim

Quote:
Within this sellers items he sells a cheaper version of memory foam tips, you get several pairs in one purchase. (8) I think. People have been using these with good results. There's different sizes and a listing which gives you S/M/L as well.
These ones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/earbud-replacement-noise-cancellation-memory-foam-tips-Z-/150763932212?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item231a3b0a34

They last me about two weeks because I am constantly using them, but they get all dirty and ripped, so I throw them away. H20, those are interesting and i am probably going to order them, but do you have any other silicone suggestions?

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back