Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #7,321 of 9,690
Logitech is pretty good about this stuff. I got two cable breaks (one of which where the cable tore out the internal wiring of the iem when I was replacing it) repaired during my one year of warranty. Give their support a call and see what happens. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #7,323 of 9,690
Just a quick question, what are your personal opinions about this IEM for Jpop, for mainly female vocals.
Hearing that these are not too base heavy and pretty good/realistic for vocals...

If anyone listens to artists similar to Rie Fu/Yui/FictionJunction, and can provide some insights?

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #7,324 of 9,690
Just a quick question, what are your personal opinions about this IEM for Jpop, for mainly female vocals.

Hearing that these are not too base heavy and pretty good/realistic for vocals...

If anyone listens to artists similar to Rie Fu/Yui/FictionJunction, and can provide some insights?

Thanks!

I listen to pop! (not Jpop) Back in the day there was no Apop Bpop Cpop we just called it pop music and, TF10 work well with that genre. Not sure if it's completely compatible with all 'pops' though it certainly performs well with pop.

There's decent clarity in female vocals possibly a little cloudy, smeared (this would only compare to what you've heard), slightly recessed as the signature holds a 'V'. bringing bass and treble a little forward from the mid range.

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #7,325 of 9,690
Cool, thanks! Might give these a try if I can find them Jaben.

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #7,329 of 9,690
Quote:
If anyone is looking for a cable or wondering if a new cable will really make a difference, believe me when I say that it DOES. I am a skeptic when it comes to things like this and to be honest, when I talked to Chris at Headphonelounge about if a cable could improve performance and he said that it would, I thought in my head, "yeah, there's no way something like this could do anything." Upon receiving the cable and listening to them for the first time, I was BLOWN away. My TF10's sounded so different, in a good way. Vocals were crisper, the bass was tighter and more accurate. It really felt like I had a new set of IEMs. Completely satisfied with my purchase.

I went with a cable from Headphonelounge. Talk to Chris_Himself here on Head-fi, he'll point you in the right direction.

is that a silver cable with sheathing?

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #7,333 of 9,690
Quote:
The Fi10 isn't so good at bringing out the subtle details of a track. It actually disappointed me in that department.

I have to disagree with you on that one, i find the the TF10 are excellent all-rounder earphones, except that they lack mids, however amplification always fixes that problem :p

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #7,335 of 9,690
With my Macbook Pro playing high quality tracks. I played the same tracks with the B&O A8 and I thought it was much better at bringing out the finer details.

Maybe look into a DAC/Amp for your Macbook. That should help increase all areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back