Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #7,069 of 9,690
I'm using the comply, I used to use them with my klipsch S4's so I'm kind of used to them, but they kind of have a very loose fit and turning my head to the side can sometimes make them fall out. The Large stock silicone tips are the only ones that actually fit me among the stock tips, but they're not very comfortable the pressure makes my ears hurt after not very long.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #7,072 of 9,690
I'm using the large stock silicon tips, however I'm finding it difficult to track down replacements.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #7,073 of 9,690
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #7,074 of 9,690
Quote:
Which tips are you using currently? 
I'm using comply, but I'm really curious about Sony Hybrids and Monster Gel tips.

Medium hybrid for my right ear, small hybrid for my left ear (weird, I know). Perfect seal and fit. Does anyone else use different sizes for each ear?

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #7,075 of 9,690
Quote:

Medium hybrid for my right ear, small hybrid for my left ear (weird, I know). Perfect seal and fit. Does anyone else use different sizes for each ear?

I might be a candidate for that... as my right ear doesn't seal as well as my left one.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #7,076 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:
Which tips are you using currently? 
I'm using comply, but I'm really curious about Sony Hybrids and Monster Gel tips.

I use medium on both ears, hybrid give decent isolation but nothing like X10...I use TF10 at 30% vol from iPhone4...do not want to blow my ears with high vol lol...Monster Gel are junk for me...nothing works....comply foam tips gives good fit but not good at isolate...need some suggestion please

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #7,077 of 9,690
Hi guys,

Firstly, I listen to music on a MacBook Air un-amped. This is solely for portability purposes as I do not want to be lugging around an amp every time I feel like listening to a song. Secondly, most of the music I listen to is encoded at 256kbps AAC and 320kbps MP3. Again, this is only for portability purposes as my laptop has fairly small hard drive capacity.

My main question is whether it'd be worth it to purchase the UE Super Fi 10 with my current setup? Will I be losing out by not having my music encoded as lossless? If so, do you think it will be by a noticeable margin? Also, I guess I'm wondering if my current setup will be a sort-of bottleneck for the earphones.

I currently own a pair of Shure SE215s and UE 700s.

I'll appreciate any responses. In the meantime I'll be looking at more lossless vs lossy threads.

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #7,079 of 9,690
From my understanding yes, it is worth it because the TF 10's run at 32 ohm's which is kind of the limit before you start needing an amp. Also there's really not THAT much difference between lossless and 320 kbs, you'll definitely see an improvement with the TF 10's.

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #7,080 of 9,690
Quote:
Hi guys,

Firstly, I listen to music on a MacBook Air un-amped. This is solely for portability purposes as I do not want to be lugging around an amp every time I feel like listening to a song. Secondly, most of the music I listen to is encoded at 256kbps AAC and 320kbps MP3. Again, this is only for portability purposes as my laptop has fairly small hard drive capacity.

My main question is whether it'd be worth it to purchase the UE Super Fi 10 with my current setup? Will I be losing out by not having my music encoded as lossless? If so, do you think it will be by a noticeable margin? Also, I guess I'm wondering if my current setup will be a sort-of bottleneck for the earphones.

I currently own a pair of Shure SE215s and UE 700s.

I'll appreciate any responses. In the meantime I'll be looking at more lossless vs lossy threads.

Hiya,

I haven;t heard the UE700 but I have the SE215 and the TF10 is a MAJOR step up :) You are going to have some fun for sure. I use my TF10s straight out of a smartphone, LG G2x with Voodoo and they have plenty of juice for the TF10s. I think your Air will be just fine to drive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back