Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #7,036 of 9,690
Thanks for the description.... Yeh it would be good if it was easier to just try them out but most shops will tell you that you cannot return them due to hygeine once you have opened them... This makes it quite difficult

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #7,037 of 9,690
Quote:
Thanks for the description.... Yeh it would be good if it was easier to just try them out but most shops will tell you that you cannot return them due to hygeine once you have opened them... This makes it quite difficult

Yeah, I'd love to know of shops that actually allow you to do this in the uk.
Seeing as you are a regular... If you are happy to pay the postage I could lend you mine for a couple of weeks to see if you like them?  Pm me if interested.

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #7,038 of 9,690
Just got my new UETF10 from warranty replacement! And I forget how I put on my Westone Epic cable. Can anyone show/tell me how to put them on?

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #7,039 of 9,690
Quote:
Just got my new UETF10 from warranty replacement! And I forget how I put on my Westone Epic cable. Can anyone show/tell me how to put them on?

If you have a multi meter switch it to 'continuity'  and work out the connections from the pins/jack on the regular TF10 cable then cross reference them with the Epic cable. The L&R on the regular cable should both face towards the nozzle when connected to each IEM.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #7,040 of 9,690
If you have a multi meter switch it to 'continuity'  and work out the connections from the pins/jack on the regular TF10 cable then cross reference them with the Epic cable. The L&R on the regular cable should both face towards the nozzle when connected to each IEM.
what? I remember a guide I saw and it was very easy to follow. Anyone know of it?

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #7,042 of 9,690
Pretty sure a driver just went out on the left earphone of my TF10. 
mad.gif

confused_face.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #7,043 of 9,690
Quote:
This one? http://www.head-fi.org/t/540302/ue-tf10-westone-es-cables-cabling-setup

Yes thank you! But do I need to cut off a bit of the connector pins? They work as is but is it better if I do?

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #7,044 of 9,690
How do the UE11 sound compared to the TF10's? Is the same V-Shape signature present?

I also just bought a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's, super V-shaped. It should be here Monday, super excited!

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #7,045 of 9,690
Thinking of buying a Lune cable, I have westone atm. But they are breaking as we speak. The bendable metal part is broken in half and is atm tareing(spell?) on the soundcable. Anyone know if this easily happens on the Lune as well? Don't really wanna spend 130dollar on a cable that breaks within a few years?

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #7,046 of 9,690
I highly suggest people who have / had fit problems with TF10 to try another cable before counting them out, the stock cables memory wire is really terrible. It's not helping anyone get a fit with them due to it's stiffness and ability to curve or allow flexibility. The problem is once the stock memory wire is shaped it doesn't allow any play sideways really locking into the top of your ear curve, therefore minimizing the earpieces ability to move freely left right, up down.

If you do try with a stock cable straighten the memory wire before inserting only curling it around your ear after the insertion whilst holding the earpiece in position . If you're trying to match the wire contour by hand before insertion you're on a sure way to not succeeding and probably causing more problems for yourself.

With my new cable the ear hoops ear pre moulded allowing a lot of flexibility in all directions, they feel very rubbery a bit like soft licorice, this doesn't make them loose but gives the earpiece / tips freedom and ability to grab a better hold rather then stock which tends to guide the earpiece in from it's pre-moulded shape. So, by using another cable with such ear hoops I believe many more people would / could of gained a fit with TF10.

It's a shame that such a nice IEM has caused so many problems and returns to what might be a mere cable issue for some.

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #7,047 of 9,690
I do highly suggest people try the triple flange tips (i think they use 4mm ones) massive difference in fit and H20's point on cable is quite valid as well. After Logitech bought out UE the stock cable for TF10 is miserable

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #7,048 of 9,690
The only problem with triple flange tips on TF10 is they make the IEM stick out even farther than they already do where you sort of need to turn your head sideways to get through doorways.  It's pretty bad.

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #7,049 of 9,690
I traded my TF10 for GR07s.

I miss my TF10s so much.
triportsad.gif

I'm planning on buying another pair as soon as a good sale comes along.   I hope I don't have to wait until Black Friday.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #7,050 of 9,690
Quote:
I will leave that question for someone else to answer. It's been a year since I've heard the 5Pro's actually, and I didn't have the Predator then.

(The Predator + TF10P's produce sound that is just to die for.)

What is Predator ?
can you please explain it to me here ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back