Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #6,992 of 9,690
Quote:
I had it for more than a year already.

Don't worry, the TF10 is very durable. More durable than the average IEMs in my opinion. It only broke because I used too much force, this doesn't happen to TF10s normally.

So go ahead and get a TF10, it's a very good earphone that will last you plenty of years :)

Thanks. All roads closed on TF 10! Will get it ASAP!

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #6,993 of 9,690
Quote:
I had it for more than a year already.

Don't worry, the TF10 is very durable. More durable than the average IEMs in my opinion. It only broke because I used too much force, this doesn't happen to TF10s normally.

So go ahead and get a TF10, it's a very good earphone that will last you plenty of years :)

This.
It's a very good IEM indeed!
I'd use them even after getting a pair of UE11Pro's

Not sure about durability as I reshelled mine after 2 months.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #6,995 of 9,690
My young son broke one of my old ones when he hit it with a mug (he breaks things all the time :frowning2: )... but I wouldn't consider them to be particularly fragile, I've used mine nearly every day for the past 2 years and no problems at all... Im even still using the original cable, work that one out.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #6,996 of 9,690
I own the Earsonics SM3 V2's and previously the Westone UM3X's. I bought both these IEMs to replace the TF10s and was very happy, retiring the TF10's back in it's case. However, after a couple weeks, I said "what the heck" and put them back on and wow, I love them again. Call me crazy but I might actually prefer the TF10's to both IEMs. I am not sure what it is about the sound signature that makes me just want to get up and dance, is it the sparkly trebles or the level of detail in the vocals?

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #6,997 of 9,690
SM3 definitely has more detail in vocals and all around, but I am with you, my SM3 have gotten nearly no playtime since getting the TF10, the only time I've put them in is to compare! Other than that they've been stuck in my drawer. The TF10 is juts so lively, the SM3 can be a little "weird" to my ears sometimes, I think its the height of the soundstage. I preferred the SM3 at first but the TF10s have grown on me, I don't really listen to my other IEMs that much at all, even my trusty SE215s...the TF10 have everything I want: forward vocals, good bass without being too much, a nice wide soundstage with great imaging, and beautiful treble without being sibilant. Can't ask for much more.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #6,998 of 9,690
Quote:
SM3 definitely has more detail in vocals and all around, but I am with you, my SM3 have gotten nearly no playtime since getting the TF10, the only time I've put them in is to compare! Other than that they've been stuck in my drawer. The TF10 is juts so lively, the SM3 can be a little "weird" to my ears sometimes, I think its the height of the soundstage. I preferred the SM3 at first but the TF10s have grown on me, I don't really listen to my other IEMs that much at all, even my trusty SE215s...the TF10 have everything I want: forward vocals, good bass without being too much, a nice wide soundstage with great imaging, and beautiful treble without being sibilant. Can't ask for much more.

Glad to hear I am not the only one! I felt pretty bad knowing that I spent good money on the SM3's yet favoring a "mid-tier" IEM.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #6,999 of 9,690
Other than for electronic music and mainstream pop, I personally think TFP is kinda so-so compared to many good IEMs out there, especially against the SM3v1. The TFP is very fun and lively but often sounds less natural.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #7,000 of 9,690
Other than for electronic music and mainstream pop, I personally think TFP is kinda so-so compared to many good IEMs out there, especially against the SM3v1. The TFP is very fun and lively but often sounds less natural.

Definitely agree on the less natural part, it's actually as far from natural as I have heard. Though as you said it suits electronic music and pop, and I would say rock to a degree. Something like blues and Jazz isn't really suited as that metallic lacing takes away some natural acoustics.

Aug 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #7,001 of 9,690
Someone is selling the eph :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back