Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #6,361 of 9,690
Quote:
DIY foam tips using earplugs.

Thanks, I just tried this but it didn't quite work for me with these headphones. Either the foam would be long and cut off some of the highs, or it would be too short and not seal into my ear well enough. Great idea though!

Quote:
No worries friend, happy to help, there's other options people have tried with TF10's such as wearing them over the ear and doing a flip flop method where you switch the earpieces around or something...I can't explain it properly unfortunately, I have tried the mod and it works really well, but my path has lead me down stream of Sony hybrids, they just "fit" how they're supposed too. The mod is exactly what you want to use those ear plugs you have. (they're perfect) A hole punch also helps alot to get a hole dead centre.

My TF10's are coming very soon, so I keep a close eye on this thread. :)

Goodluck! May the force me with you! 

So I ended up trying your mod too with adding earplugs onto the "shaft" of the silicone tips. Wow, it's perfect, not to mention super comfortable... like I said, those soft Hearos earplugs really can't be beat! They last forever too. Anyways, I'm happy with them now using a combination of the large black silicone tips with about 2/3 or so of an earplug shoved into each. I found what worked best was to cut them a bit longer than the length of the silicone tips, because that way they can fill up the area well and even extend back a little past the tips onto the earphones themselves. I'm in love now :)

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #6,362 of 9,690
Just got a pair of TF10s. I am coming from the Shure 535se (Red edition). I am really liking these TF10s. More to my preferred sound signature which is more a balanced type. The 535se are very good, but a little too analytical for everyday listening for me.

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #6,363 of 9,690

Quote:
Just got a pair of TF10s. I am coming from the Shure 535se (Red edition). I am really liking these TF10s. More to my preferred sound signature which is more a balanced type. The 535se are very good, but a little too analytical for everyday listening for me.

Welcome to the cool persons club.
beerchug.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #6,364 of 9,690

Quote:
Thanks, I just tried this but it didn't quite work for me with these headphones. Either the foam would be long and cut off some of the highs, or it would be too short and not seal into my ear well enough. Great idea though!

So I ended up trying your mod too with adding earplugs onto the "shaft" of the silicone tips. Wow, it's perfect, not to mention super comfortable... like I said, those soft Hearos earplugs really can't be beat! They last forever too. Anyways, I'm happy with them now using a combination of the large black silicone tips with about 2/3 or so of an earplug shoved into each. I found what worked best was to cut them a bit longer than the length of the silicone tips, because that way they can fill up the area well and even extend back a little past the tips onto the earphones themselves. I'm in love now :)

That's excellent news, glad I could help. I went ahead and purchased a 2.5mm hole punch which works great for getting a hole dead center also leaving just enough leeway to stretch the foam over each nozel, because what I found was the foam could sometimes be uneven when it reforms around the tip. But by far this is an inexpensive way getting the job done. also very effective. The earplugs work perfect because they get thicker from top to bottom so you cut them to make any size you need.

Happy listening.  

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #6,366 of 9,690
First time back for me in a while (took about 2 days of on and off reading to catch up) last I was here fiio cables were just released, surprised to see how much everyone likes them

I've been debating of getting my tf10's reshelled and with who (either um or 1964 ears)and tracking down local audiologists, and the fit is still driving me nuts, have issues gettin the right side to stay in, I normally wear a medium silicon tip in any iem, but dropped down to a small monster super tip whiched helped a little

But I came across people saying triple flange aka ear rape tips(which I don't mind also owning ety mc3's) from monster would work, so I ran to my junk drawer and grabbed the tips that came with my *cough*tour beats*cough* and "hey ma look no hands" I finally got a good seal and I dont have to keep playing with them to keep them in! But still want to reshell lol

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #6,367 of 9,690

Quote:
First time back for me in a while (took about 2 days of on and off reading to catch up) last I was here fiio cables were just released, surprised to see how much everyone likes them
I've been debating of getting my tf10's reshelled and with who (either um or 1964 ears)and tracking down local audiologists, and the fit is still driving me nuts, have issues gettin the right side to stay in, I normally wear a medium silicon tip in any iem, but dropped down to a small monster super tip whiched helped a little
But I came across people saying triple flange aka ear rape tips(which I don't mind also owning ety mc3's) from monster would work, so I ran to my junk drawer and grabbed the tips that came with my *cough*tour beats*cough* and "hey ma look no hands" I finally got a good seal and I dont have to keep playing with them to keep them in! But still want to reshell lol

If you do indeed go with reshells, I would stick with 1964 Ears. Just to keep shipping costs down.

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #6,368 of 9,690

Quote:

Once again, decore a pair of the Comply foam tips that came with the TF10 and then shove the foam into the medium silicone. If it's too hard (which was the case for me, it caused some pain after extended wear), soak the foam with warm water, squeeze it dry, and shove back into the silicone tip. It becomes a great deal softer. No loss in isolation and ends up being quite comfortable and seals well.

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #6,369 of 9,690
Watagump: I was actually leaning a little more towards them, I think the only way i would go UM is if I wanted to add more drivers, Shipping TO them doesn't bother me that much i'm a courier for a well known company so with my discount i pay next to nothing to overnight packages

Byakushiki: lol yea i saw that little mod pages back when you originally posted it, i can actually bare triple flange tips

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #6,370 of 9,690

After some looking around,I bought the same cable from the same dude on the bay for my TF10 ...then kept slapping my face when I couldn't find any reviews (as if I was supposed to buy then look for reviews 
redface.gif
 D'Oh!! ... now finally someone else with the same cable... Could you please give a quick review or first impressions? or may be a brief comparison between this and no-good stock cable?  Cheers 
ksc75smile.gif

EDITL Never mind... I saw the other post a couple of pages earlier 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I've used the sm3 almost exclusively for almost a year now. A month ago I went back to the TF10s and found them to be much more to my liking. To me the SM3 mids were too forward, tf10 sounds more open. I'm also using this cable though, which helps open up the sound and clean up the spectrum: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFC-Ultimate-Ears-upgrade-cable-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-/260947400156?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3cc1ad55dc#ht_2382wt_1026. I tried them with the sm3s but didn't match too well.

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #6,371 of 9,690
Hi, i've gotten a pair of TF10's not long ago and the sound is quite good for an IEM IMO. However I'm having a big problem with the fit, none of the silicone tips will fit my ear so I'm currently using the stock comply foam tips but they seem to muffle the sound quite a bit. Any suggestions on what tips I should get?

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #6,372 of 9,690

Quote:
Hi, i've gotten a pair of TF10's not long ago and the sound is quite good for an IEM IMO. However I'm having a big problem with the fit, none of the silicone tips will fit my ear so I'm currently using the stock comply foam tips but they seem to muffle the sound quite a bit. Any suggestions on what tips I should get?

Put the Complys on backwards, see if that opens up the sound.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #6,373 of 9,690

Quote:

Keep perservering, its well worth it in the end.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #6,374 of 9,690

Quote:

you could try out the sony hybrid eartips. it's 6-10 bucks on amazon and they're alot better than the stock silicone tips

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #6,375 of 9,690
Quote:

you could try out the sony hybrid eartips. it's 6-10 bucks on amazon and they're alot better than the stock silicone tips
[/quote Really? I think the hybrids a little better and not sure why they're marketing them as hybrids because they're similar to many stock silicone tips out there that ship with headphones. If they had part foam.. then maybe. So if you like the silicones now, then maybe you'll like these. If you prefer foam, then these will collect dust. silicone = silicone for this comparison. and since the package comes in like 4 different sizes, you're paying for $8+ for one fitting pair. doh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back