Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #6,271 of 9,690

Quote:
I don't have an issue with the fit...I have huge ears and the Comply largest tip is nearly too small. my issue is that my UE's come in and out of my ears quite a lot and the Comply tips wear out in under a month...and they're about $4 a set so over time customs would pay for themselves. Also...correct me if I'm wrong but a custom is going to provide the best sound yes?

You could try the Monster Super tips, they're the biggest tips I've ever seen and my ears are rather large I couldn't fit the large tips in my ears.

Check 'em out here

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #6,272 of 9,690

Quote:
so i have to buy the remolding thing snd then take it to a pro guy to have im change it into the new mold? Or does inearz do that?

You get the molds done either with a kit and do it yourself. Or get them done by an audiologist, then you send the impressions and your TF10's to InEarZ. They take apart the TF10's and make new molds and put the drivers and crossover into the new molds. You get to pick your colors design etc, of course the fancier you go, the price can go up. What you end up with is exactly like what my picture is, a headphone with the TF10 components inside. Visit the InEarZ site, they have a toll free number and can answer all your questions.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #6,273 of 9,690
You get the molds done either with a kit and do it yourself. Or get them done by an audiologist, then you send the impressions and your TF10's to InEarZ. They take apart the TF10's and make new molds and put the drivers and crossover into the new molds. You get to pick your colors design etc, of course the fancier you go, the price can go up. What you end up with is exactly like what my picture is, a headphone with the TF10 components inside. Visit the InEarZ site, they have a toll free number and can answer all your questions.
Is it hard to do it with a kit?

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #6,276 of 9,690

I have never done it, hit up youtube, they have videos. It doesnt look too hard. Just search for ear impressions.
im only a teen. Wouldnt it look weird going into a place like that?

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #6,281 of 9,690
Its easy to do!!!  HOWEVER, you need someone to look in your ear first to make sure it is clear of wax etc!!!  Otherwise your impressions will be off.  <y wife did both sets of mine, but she has the equipment to check and clean my ears.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #6,282 of 9,690
Of course not, people that get hearing aides go get impressions. I told my Audiologist what I was getting done. It was a very tiny office with 2 rooms and a sound proof booth. It does feel weird, but kinda cool also.
oh ok thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back