Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #6,256 of 9,690
Apr 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #6,257 of 9,690

Quote:
I love my UE TripleFi 10s. My highend pair of earbuds/headphones. I gotnthem for $95 on black friday too ehich was a steal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, that is a nice price indeed, you did well there. I can't wait to get mine up and running (waiting on a cable)

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #6,260 of 9,690

Quote:
They were sold at that price for years at Amazon for BF deals.

That's a problem for me, because being in Australia, Amazon won't do international shipping here. So my options were but limited. My only alternative is to have a friend ship items over for me. But I never knew about the sales. >_<

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #6,261 of 9,690

Quote:
That's a problem for me, because being in Australia, Amazon won't do international shipping here. So my options were but limited. My only alternative is to have a friend ship items over for me. But I never knew about the sales. >_<

They have a hot deals section on another forum I have been a member of since 2001. I use to see them post about it over there, but never really thought much about it till I got into this hobby. It didnt take long to figure out people would buy them at the BF price just to resell them for profit. People could still get a great price, I paid $130 for mine from a member here.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #6,262 of 9,690

Quote:
They have a hot deals section on another forum I have been a member of since 2001. I use to see them post about it over there, but never really thought much about it till I got into this hobby. It didnt take long to figure out people would buy them at the BF price just to resell them for profit. People could still get a great price, I paid $130 for mine from a member here.

I've heard about people buying a few and selling them for double what they paid. On our Aus ebay site they're averaging $160 - $200 AUS new on most listings. I watched two pairs go last night for that price. So when I picked up a pair only needing a replacement cable with all accessories / carry case I jumped on them for $110 (free express shipping) in auction, I think I could of got a little cheaper if many of us didn't go into battle towards the end.

That same night I found a pair here with less then 20 hours on them for $140, again he's in USA were as my pair are in Australia.

Those the breaks I guess.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #6,263 of 9,690
Customs are headphones made to the shape of your ears. You can either buy fully custom made or have TF10's and others made into customs by using a remold service.
so the company could make the TF10s smaller?

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #6,265 of 9,690
By smaller do you mean not stick out of your ear as much? Then yes, they would sit flush like the picture below of mine.

woah! Where do i get that? That looks awesome.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #6,266 of 9,690

Quote:
woah! Where do i get that? That looks awesome.

These are from InEarZ, they have a group buy for Head-fi members going. $85 for the reshells free basic artwork $25 value. You have to get ear impressions made either doing them yourself, or going to an Audiologist, DIY kits are like $15, professionally done, try and find them for $50 or less. You can speak with Kaysen over at InEarZ for more information. They are the cheapest around, other places do them like 1964 Ears, Unique Melody, Heir Audio.

http://www.inearz.com/

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #6,267 of 9,690
These are from InEarZ, they have a group buy for Head-fi members going. $85 for the reshells free basic artwork $25 value. You have to get ear impressions made either doing them yourself, or going to an Audiologist, DIY kits are like $15, professionally done, try and find them for $50 or less. You can speak with Kaysen over at InEarZ for more information. They are the cheapest around, other places do them like 1964 Ears, Unique Melody, Heir Audio.

http://www.inearz.com/
so i have to buy the remolding thing snd then take it to a pro guy to have im change it into the new mold? Or does inearz do that?

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #6,269 of 9,690

Quote:
so the company could make the TF10s smaller?

A while back, I thought a bit out loud about reshelling the TF10 into another universal, pretty much shoving the drivers and crossover into a much more comfortable and smaller W3 or SE535 shell, and someone mentioned a little audio shop in Hong Kong that would do it. No clue on the fee but it might be a good idea for those who don't want to go the custom route but want a better fit.

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #6,270 of 9,690
I don't have an issue with the fit...I have huge ears and the Comply largest tip is nearly too small. my issue is that my UE's come in and out of my ears quite a lot and the Comply tips wear out in under a month...and they're about $4 a set so over time customs would pay for themselves. Also...correct me if I'm wrong but a custom is going to provide the best sound yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back