Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #5,401 of 9,690
Yeah, that was exactly the style I had to replace... it got really stiff and after not too long a time, either.  Plus, it looks kinda like it got corroded along the length.. a greenish tinge between the braids all along the length.  The black cables stayed more supple longer, but even those aren't as flexible as the Westone's, which are a braided type cable.  I assumed the cable problems I had were secondary to the Texas heat and humidity, but I feel better knowing others had similar issues elsewhere!

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #5,406 of 9,690

Quote:
awesome, hopefully it was only removed because the idiot didn't know how to change the status to out of stock.

etysmile.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #5,408 of 9,690
Just recently got my Chris_Himself cable in the mail and i do have to say that the TF10s sound much better! Some changes in sound that i've notice are that the mids are more forward and not as recessed as before. Also the bass becomes a bit punchier and more defined which is great imo! Chris claims that the cables get even better with about 200 hours of burn in. So far i'm at about 50 hours. I'll update you guys more on this when i reach that 200 hour mark!

But so far, i'm really loving this cable!

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #5,410 of 9,690
Just a quick one (and I'm sure it's been answered in this thread before), is the westone es cable compatible with the triple fi's?  Been using the trips at work and all's good (isolation=excellent with complys!)except the bloody cable :)

Cheers.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #5,412 of 9,690
Just a quick one (and I'm sure it's been answered in this thread before), is the westone es cable compatible with the triple fi's?  Been using the trips at work and all's good (isolation=excellent with complys!)except the bloody cable :)

Cheers.

The Westone does work but the prongs are a bit fatter tan the socket so you can't plug the cable all the way in. The stock cable sucks a lot though.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #5,413 of 9,690
I don't know why so many get bad fit, they fit very well my ears. It is just that they are very big & I look like frankenstein in them :) . What tips would you guys suggest for best SQ?

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #5,414 of 9,690
Terrible picture quality (Ipad camera) but...

Theres less than a millimeter between the wire and the shell. Thats with no trimming, sanding or w/e.
Pins are half a millimeter wider than the stock cables so actually getting them in that far is ridiculously difficult. I actually managed to get half developed blisters on my thumb and forefinger while installing the westone cables.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #5,415 of 9,690

Quote:
Terrible picture quality (Ipad camera) but...

Theres less than a millimeter between the wire and the shell. Thats with no trimming, sanding or w/e.
Pins are half a millimeter wider than the stock cables so actually getting them in that far is ridiculously difficult. I actually managed to get half developed blisters on my thumb and forefinger while installing the westone cables.

I really like how that cable looks... How much is it and can you provide a link to the product? Also since I am getting my TF10s reshelled would this fit stock into the new connector they use? Or will I have to retain my old TF10 plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back