Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #5,041 of 9,690
Got these a few days ago from a member here (cantsleep) who kindly got an extra Amazon $95 set to sell to international users. A few days later after he got them they arrived here in Ireland. I was considering purchasing these from Amazon for £220 so this was an absolute bargain for me.

I must say I absolutely love these. I mostly listened to Klipsch Image S4s, Denon D2000s and Beats Studio before I got these. I haven't taken them out of my ears since I got them. I don't have the experience here to write a technically detailed review so it's just my thoughts on them.

The fit and finish is perfect. I quite them to look at. They have a bit about them, they are big and interesting looking. The only tips that give me a seal are the comply foam tips that come with the headphones. The seal is good with these tips and the earphone worn over the ear. The bass is very impressive. I like a bit of bass and therefore have a soft spot for my Studios. Listening to Walk by the Foo Fighters I can pick out the bass guitar line with ease and it's delivered with pace and punch. There is plenty of bass with these, maybe not as head shaking as the Studios but certainly of higher quality.

The vocals and treble are great too, maybe the guitars in the mids are a small bit recessed but not a lot. The treble is tight but I don't find it harsh and listening to brighter music is a pleasure.

For $95 these are an absolute no brainer. This could well be the best price:performance earphone I have ever or will ever purchase. I really do love them.

All listening done using high quality MP3 using a Fiio E7 as amp/DAC.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #5,045 of 9,690
They way they are marked (L and R).  I figured 1,000's of hours of design work went into the launch of this product and the engineers have covered all bases so they know how to use this product.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #5,046 of 9,690
The L and R always face the nozzle or towards you whether they are regular, Flip-Flop mod, over the ear, not over the ear

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #5,047 of 9,690
Question to everyone. I know constantly pulling out and replacing the cables will make the sockets loose, But is there any way to fix this once it has happened? and if no, is this covered under warranty?

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #5,048 of 9,690

Quote:
Question to everyone. I know constantly pulling out and replacing the cables will make the sockets loose, But is there any way to fix this once it has happened? and if no, is this covered under warranty?

Yes, re-pin your cables, I can use the larger pins from the custom IEM's for you dude, just pay shipping.

The compacted sockets shouldn't compress anymore than that and you'll have a solid fit from now on.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #5,050 of 9,690
leave it in the fridge haha!

p.s. talking about a cold day at Aus recently

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #5,051 of 9,690

Quote:
^ Hehe. I just recently got a Westone custom cable, which after inserting into my TF10s now refuse to come out. Maybe on a cold day...

Just be happy they're in there for good. It all starts with the cable falling out... then the y-split kinda falling apart.. then the sleeve coming off. It's not the cable's fault, the plastic they used doesn't retain it's shape! Usually the diagnosis for me is to substitute one of the Westone/UE custom cables where it fits very flush....

I used to have a jeweler make me pins, but then I realized you could actually use motherboard pins to do the same thing and they're quite literally the same thing at the end of the day.

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #5,052 of 9,690
Yeah I heard some whispers here and there about some issues with the Westone cable. But still, it is amazingly supple, with almost 0 memory effect.

Luckily, I wont need to take it out in the near future unless I decide to remold.

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #5,053 of 9,690
do any westone cables come with mic?

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5,055 of 9,690
I just got my first pair of TF-10's yesterday, I was using UE700's, Sleek SA-6 and SA-1, Sony MDR-XB40EX, Woodees "Blues" and Vintage models and some others and I'm afraid they will all be orphaned soon as these TF-10 are basically the best IEM's I've ever heard, ever....I thank my new friend Eugene for selling them to me and for his patience with me while I scraped the cash together, these things are incredible. The extended highs make vocals beautiful and drums sound like drums with the high end snare sound that is so hard to reproduce and the very clean tight bass these IEM's display.
 WOW!!!! My search is over-at least this month for the best IEM. Enjoy everybody, I am!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back