Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 4, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #4,891 of 9,690
Like I said, I just prefer a balanced signature, ergo my love for the GR07 & now the 8320. My guess is that you prefer the TF10 because you value its signature more than those of your other iems. There are many others here who also love the TF10, and those who absolutely despise it. I'm neither...I just want something different

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #4,895 of 9,690

Quote:
no, they are just more on the dark side and not bright or "closer" like in the etys.

I understand how this is no of the liking of people who prefer vocal music genres.

I like the presentation though as its quite non-fatiguing. The vocals may be a tad recessed on a source that is completely neutral. But on a source that has emphasis on the mids, they sound really good. Easily the best $100.00 I spent on audio so far. I still can get over how some find them fatiguing though. The treble isn't harsh at all to these ears and my FX700/ silver IE8s extend more than the TF10s. :p

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #4,896 of 9,690

Quote:
no, they are just more on the dark side and not bright or "closer" like in the etys.

I understand how this is no of the liking of people who prefer vocal music genres.

guitars also lose a lot of body through the tf10s

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #4,898 of 9,690

Quote:
Could this be due to the speed of the BA? I really do enjoy how fast they are. They just keep the pace no matter.

yea that probable contributes to it, but i love speed. i just think that when distorted, crunchy metal chords are being played on most (slightly) recessed headphones, you hear the harmonics and actual distortion quite well along with the lower sounds of the cord, but not the stuff in the middle. it's really hard to explain, but it's not thaaaat apparent on the TF10s, but it's really obvious with the CC51's.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #4,899 of 9,690

Quote:
yea that probable contributes to it, but i love speed. i just think that when distorted, crunchy metal chords are being played on most (slightly) recessed headphones, you hear the harmonics and actual distortion quite well along with the lower sounds of the cord, but not the stuff in the middle. it's really hard to explain, but it's not thaaaat apparent on the TF10s, but it's really obvious with the CC51's.

They may not sound natural like the FX700 but there's something about them. I like how they sound with rock.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #4,900 of 9,690

Quote:
are there any good sources for tf10?
i have s706  and a sony cd player
i like women soul/rnb
tf10 with what i have just doesn.t perform good enough

And are there any tips like er4s' for tf10?
thx

Yes, you can put Monster silicone tri-flanges on them, but be forewarned: they gang-rape your ears with insertion that deep.  Sound decent though.  You may also see if you can score some UE double flanges.  IMO the UE double flanges are the best UE tips (but that's not saying much).

As for sources, the TF-10 is good enough to elucidate poor source material or components, and I'd bet that neither of the HOs on your Sony or Pioneer CD players is anything special.  As the TF-10s scale to better sources very well, try lossless files on a DAP outputting to a decent portable amp.  The TF-10 should shine with your preferred genre with a good source.  While I do use them with a vi cable and my iPhone, I am now spoiled enough to say that I don't really enjoy them until I run them via Ipod 5.5G -> LOD -> iBasso P3+ amp -> TF-10.

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #4,901 of 9,690

Quote:

Yes, you can put Monster silicone tri-flanges on them, but be forewarned: they gang-rape your ears with insertion that deep.  Sound decent though.  You may also see if you can score some UE double flanges.  IMO the UE double flanges are the best UE tips (but that's not saying much).

As for sources, the TF-10 is good enough to elucidate poor source material or components, and I'd bet that neither of the HOs on your Sony or Pioneer CD players is anything special.  As the TF-10s scale to better sources very well, try lossless files on a DAP outputting to a decent portable amp.  The TF-10 should shine with your preferred genre with a good source.  While I do use them with a vi cable and my iPhone, I am now spoiled enough to say that I don't really enjoy them until I run them via Ipod 5.5G -> LOD -> iBasso P3+ amp -> TF-10.

The TF10s can sound decent out of a regular DAP but do really shine with the proper source (Hifiman 601/UHA4).

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #4,902 of 9,690

Quote:
I said earlier that these are actually not that bad comfort wise but after wearing them for a while now, they really do start to straight up HURT after a bit.  I end up using some other cheap ass iems b/c they are murdering me.  They sound awesome but I think I'm going to see how much I can get for them and maybe spend that money towards something a little more comfortable.  I don't feel like spending another 100+ for a reshell.

Try different tips if you haven't done so already.  I and many others have difficulty getting a comfortable fit, good seal, and great sound with the stock UE tips.

Top choices for folks seem to be (in no particular order):
Comply
Sony Hybrids
Monster Supertips (the gels are my favs)
Monster stock silicone

Dec 4, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #4,903 of 9,690

Quote:
I got mine yesterday so far so good with a few gripes, not a fan of the cable at all, dont like the shiny finish, and on the one side where the wire is to bend over your ear looked like it was going to bust out of the cable within the first 10 min of use.

Some IEM's i can use medium silicon tips but large seems to be the way to go with these for me, I tried the Comply tips that came with them and it just made the music sound muffled, but ill have to play around with them cause when i took them out it looked like part of the foam was blocking the tip a little bit like it wasn't going back to its original shape.

Like some others have said the vocals do seem a little recessed, but im coming off of the harsh S4i, other than that they sound very clear and sound great with my E6 (i don't EQ my music i just like to hear it as is, since i listen to a lot of different types of music from classic rock all the way up to electronic). My GF wanted to try them and she never wears headphones or IEM's typically just blasts her music in the car. She played "You make me feel" by Cobra Starship (320kbps) and a couple seconds in she goes WHOA i never heard that slight little eco in the lyrics in the background (and if she wasn't about to go to bed i probably wasn't going to get them back). 

Overall I think i just need to keep listening to them and just get use to the sound, they are def going to still be my go to IEM. Maybe a little ways down the road ill try Monster Gel tips and look at new cables. 
ksc75smile.gif

Don't wait on the Monster Gel tips, you'd just be prolonging an ill-fitting stock tip or the Comply mufflers!

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #4,904 of 9,690

Quote:

Don't wait on the Monster Gel tips, you'd just be prolonging an ill-fitting stock tip or the Comply mufflers!

Thanks good to know, i have another question amp wise I currently have the Fiio E6 and wanted to upgrade, should I go with a E11 or a D-Zero, i think i want to go with a analog style volume control and obviously has to work well with the TF10, and like i said in the last post i don't EQ my music so having EQ settings isn't necessary for me.

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #4,905 of 9,690
I have a complaint about the TF10s that I now love. They are unbalanced as in one ear is different then the other sound wise. The left has more bass, maybe less treble, I can't tell. Maybe the right just doesn't have enough bass so it seems like less treble. I've switched ears and done the flip flop and all that so I've narrowed it down to not being a fit issue or anything like that. At first I thought it was just my ears adjusting to my IE8's being louder on the left by a hair (why I'm sending them in, treated them very well, cleaned ears before each listen, etc) but than later on found out that wasn't the case. Will I ever get a balanced (in terms of sound being even in both ears) IEM? And do you guys have any suggestions for fixing the problem on the TF10's besides sending them in because I got them off ebay... If not I'll just buy authorized come Christmas time even though this pair was most clearly legitimate and brand new. So any suggestions? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back